Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Deviled eggs.....
    My favorite.
    Likes Ivy, Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    No, it's not worth gloating about. Knowledge is always evolving, and people try to do the best with what they know at any given point in time. Constantly pointing out things now proven to be incomplete or incorrect as though you yourself knew better or would have known better all along is akin to playing armchair quarterback. Yeah, a lot easier to call it from the sidelines.
    Knowledge is only ever a probability anyway. It's like with maajan when somebody discards a 5 pin you know they can't win with a two sided wait around 3 and 4. This means that there's a probability that a 2 pin is safe to discard because two sided waits are common and the furiten rule counts for all possible waits i.e. if you can win on a 2 or 5 and you discard one, the other is also furiten which would make it safe to discard. But you can't know for certain that a 2 is absolutely safe to discard because they may have a pair wait or closed wait. It's a gamble because you don't have access to the actual truth directly. You don't know what tiles are hidden, you can only 'read' the discards, and no matter how perfectly you read them you still don't actually see what is hidden. Knowledge about the other player's hand is always indirect. Quite literally you cannot be sure, and other kinds of information is the same way. If the hand isn't tipped then you don't actually know what is in it even though you might be able to reasonably assume with high probability in some cases.

Being attached to certainty really serves no purpose. We go with what seems probably correct and that's exactly what we do regardless of how confident anyone thinks they are.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

how vegans feel about us eating eggs:
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Oodle doodle.
    Likes Chthonic liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

America has a particularly nasty habit of turning food into fashion and religion.. But honestly, in Europe I saw it everywhere too in my short stay. There really ought to be some serious foundations laid down that dont emphasize a certain food (like grains in the MyPlate system) but rather a general guideline that can be applied to all diets and dietary information based on real science in the body.

Not to bring her up in every dang nutrition thread, but rawfoodsos's writer says, basically, 'Look, I'm not saying go raw food. But, if you do, here's what you need to know to thrive on that sort of diet. I do it, and I made a lot of mistakes reading bullcaca that wasn't true.' There ought to be a sort of... choose your own adventure sequence here that makes information to food accessible.

But really, we've known about cholesterol and how big the diet impacts it for a very, very long time now.. It is a bit sad-faced that it's just now really catching on that fats are not bad for you--but certain fats need more moderation than others.

For some people ice cream needs to be avoided and is reall bad for you (i.e. people with bad relationships with sweets, lactose intolerant people, etc.).. for others, the doctor literally prescribed it because it's a ton of calories, cold, has complete proteins, and soothing, and when you're going through chemo anything you can keep down is a positive direction towards your health.

I completely agree with @PeaceBaby though.. For every successful campaign for health (Let your babies sleep by themselves on their back!) there are some that just fail terribly (Carbs are evil!).. and trying to research what's what is just not what people are equipped to do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Deviled eggs.....

Mmmmm...no doubt about it. The only drawback is that I can never make enough, everyone is like
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Mmmmm...no doubt about it. The only drawback is that I can never make enough, everyone is like
    Oh man I went off of a website and tried using beet juice to 'dye' the eggs, it worked swimmingly and it gave them an earthy sort of taste. I don't like beets all that much, but those things went so fast I only got to eat one of the batch that I made.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I can't even make deviled eggs. I would just sit there and eat the filling and there'd only be boiled egg whites left. Then I'd have to eat those because nobody wants not-deviled deviled eggs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh man, I haven't had a deviled egg in ages. I like to make curried deviled eggs. They always seem to be a hit at group gatherings.

I hated eggs when I was a kid, but now I love them. I've been eating them two or three times a week for my entire adult life, and I've always had healthy cholesterol levels.

There's nothing dangerous about eating eggs, as long as you don't eat them in insane amounts, or fry them in tons of butter.
    Likes prplchknz, Tellenbach liked this post