• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is excersize the solution to all of my problems?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even the innattentiveness, sadness, and the feeling of fatigue all the time?

LonestarCowgirl

The body releases endorphins during exercise (produced by the central nervous system and pituitary gland), which promotes a feeling of happiness and well-being! :)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Exercise can't hurt but I'd also try to eat healthy (no fried foods or processed carbs) and drink lots of water. Try that for a month and see what happens. Report back if conditions have not improved. It's entirely possible that you might be stuck in a toxic environment with unpleasant people, in which case I'd advise you to move ---- to Hawaii.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exercise can't hurt but I'd also try to eat healthy (no fried foods or processed carbs) and drink lots of water. Try that for a month and see what happens. Report back if conditions have not improved. It's entirely possible that you might be stuck in a toxic environment with unpleasant people, in which case I'd advise you to move ---- to Hawaii.

My scholarship is good, but it creates something of a ball and chain mobility-wise as there is an attendance requirement. I'm going to try for an extra scholarship this summer to help with living expenses. I will try the water-deal. That part sounds easy. The fried foods part sounds a little more difficult. Are homemade sandwiches good?

- - - Updated - - -

My scholarship is good, but it creates something of a ball and chain mobility-wise as there is an attendance requirement. I'm going to try for an extra scholarship this summer to help with living expenses. I will try the water-deal. That part sounds easy. The fried foods part sounds a little more difficult. Are homemade sandwiches good?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
MagicQwan said:
Are homemade sandwiches good?

The bread part isn't good. Turkey does contain tryptophan which improves depression, so you may want to try a turkey salad instead.

Something interesting I just found:

Understanding nutrition, depression and mental illnesses

When we take a close look at the diet of depressed people, an interesting observation is that their nutrition is far from adequate. They make poor food choices and selecting foods that might actually contribute to depression. Recent evidence suggests a link between low levels of serotonin and suicide.[5] It is implicated that lower levels of this neurotransmitter can, in part, lead to an overall insensitivity to future consequences, triggering risky, impulsive and aggressive behaviors which may culminate in suicide, the ultimate act of inwardly directed impulsive aggression.

Deficiencies in neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, noradrenaline, and γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) are often associated with depression.[6–11] As reported in several studies, the amino acids tryptophan, tyrosine, phenylalanine, and methionine are often helpful in treating many mood disorders including depression.[12–17] When consumed alone on an empty stomach, tryptophan, a precursor of serotonin, is usually converted to serotonin. Hence, tryptophan can induce sleep and tranquility. This implies restoring serotonin levels lead to diminished depression precipitated by serotonin deficiencies.

This article has a whole bunch of tips on which nutritional supplements help with depression.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The bread part isn't good. Turkey does contain tryptophan which improves depression, so you may want to try a turkey salad instead.

Something interesting I just found:

Understanding nutrition, depression and mental illnesses

This article has a whole bunch of tips on which nutritional supplements help with depression.

I enjoy salad, but interestingly enough, I never feel full very long unless it is a huge salad.
[MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION]
Also, how often should I excersize and what would be the best workouts as far as getting results after only a short duration each time? I rarely have much free time, and when I do, I am either studying or in public.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Get a nutribullet/nutri ninja vitamin extractor to make banana/blueberry smoothies. I also add carrot juice to mine. They are delicious, easy to make, and good for you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Get a nutribullet/nutri ninja vitamin extractor to make banana/blueberry smoothies. I also add carrot juice to mine. They are delicious, easy to make, and good for you.

Sounds yummy!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
MagicQwan said:
Also, how often should I excersize and what would be the best workouts as far as getting results after only a short duration each time?

Walk 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it doesn't have to be one 30 minute block. You can easily find time to walk 10 minutes during your breaks. Also, when you get a chance, google "niacin and depression". It is an untested type of therapy; some people have gotten very positive results (with depression and fatigue) with it and it is relatively harmless in smaller doses.

Cygnus

It would help, but I highly doubt it could be the root cause of your most serious problems.

It's like in that old Green Day song Basket Case, where it has that line that says "I went to a shrink/To analyze my dreams/She says it's a lack of sex that's bringin' me down."

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
The main thing is to yet live a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally. I try to to something I love for exercise and I eat healthy most of the time, but once a day I have a small dessert after dinner and a large one on the weekends, but I limit myself to just that. I also do track and I snowboard but I'm signing up for lacrosse on my high school team. Also try to talk positively about not only yourself, but others too. I find that treating others well makes people feel so much better about themselves.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Walk 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it doesn't have to be one 30 minute block. You can easily find time to walk 10 minutes during your breaks. Also, when you get a chance, google "niacin and depression". It is an untested type of therapy; some people have gotten very positive results (with depression and fatigue) with it and it is relatively harmless in smaller doses.

Well, I stay on my feet all day in the pharmacy, so I do well over 30 minutes of walking per day.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That said, I was diagnosed with three mental illnesses as a child, but let's focus on the Predominantly Inattentive ADHD because it causes me the most grief. I have been on medication for it since I was a child, maximum dose most of the time. I went off of it a short time because I can never really remember much of anything when it wears off (and even when it hasn't worn off yet), but I still have significant problems when I am on it. It has always seemed like a whole bunch of side effects to solve maybe 1% of the problem. When I say I am lost in my thoughts, I really mean that my mind is miles away and nothing from the physical world can reach me until I snap out of it. I am waging all-out war on this issue because it has basically taken over my life.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Even the innattentiveness, sadness, and the feeling of fatigue all the time?

exercise is second to diet or just about equal. Both are a big key in achieving goals or maintaining a peaceful status quo, a goal in itself.

For me diet is everything. The wrong food could obliterate my day. Eating burger king for example will destroy my sleep, productivity, etc...

some are not so sensitive. Everyone has to consider something different but eating habits and exercise are a good place to gently begin any transformation endeavor. Gentle because you don't want to suddenly go from eating a lot to a little or running none to running a lot. It's about pushing yourself safely and over time. The competition is with yourselves, not with others. This doesn't produce as much results as action out of competition with others but it produces more results for a decade since there is no burnout.

my two cents.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Are you seeing a doctor currently? Because that is where you should be starting.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you seeing a doctor currently? Because that is where you should be starting.

Yes, and exercise is something he has suggested many times over the years. I am only just now throwing everything I have into it. Diet is a new one. As far as meds, I hit the cap strength on those a while ago.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Double yes.

Lift bro. Or something. Get your heartrate jacked up to an endorphin excreting level.

If you're new, here's a "How To" workout guide by elite military commandos.

(it really is a bunch of Special Operations badasses, but don worry it's very haha, lol)