User Tag List

First 1234 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by MagicQwan
    Also, how often should I excersize and what would be the best workouts as far as getting results after only a short duration each time?
    Walk 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it doesn't have to be one 30 minute block. You can easily find time to walk 10 minutes during your breaks. Also, when you get a chance, google "niacin and depression". It is an untested type of therapy; some people have gotten very positive results (with depression and fatigue) with it and it is relatively harmless in smaller doses.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

It would help, but I highly doubt it could be the root cause of your most serious problems.

It's like in that old Green Day song Basket Case, where it has that line that says "I went to a shrink/To analyze my dreams/She says it's a lack of sex that's bringin' me down."

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

The main thing is to yet live a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally. I try to to something I love for exercise and I eat healthy most of the time, but once a day I have a small dessert after dinner and a large one on the weekends, but I limit myself to just that. I also do track and I snowboard but I'm signing up for lacrosse on my high school team. Also try to talk positively about not only yourself, but others too. I find that treating others well makes people feel so much better about themselves.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Walk 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it doesn't have to be one 30 minute block. You can easily find time to walk 10 minutes during your breaks. Also, when you get a chance, google "niacin and depression". It is an untested type of therapy; some people have gotten very positive results (with depression and fatigue) with it and it is relatively harmless in smaller doses.
    Well, I stay on my feet all day in the pharmacy, so I do well over 30 minutes of walking per day.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

That said, I was diagnosed with three mental illnesses as a child, but let's focus on the Predominantly Inattentive ADHD because it causes me the most grief. I have been on medication for it since I was a child, maximum dose most of the time. I went off of it a short time because I can never really remember much of anything when it wears off (and even when it hasn't worn off yet), but I still have significant problems when I am on it. It has always seemed like a whole bunch of side effects to solve maybe 1% of the problem. When I say I am lost in my thoughts, I really mean that my mind is miles away and nothing from the physical world can reach me until I snap out of it. I am waging all-out war on this issue because it has basically taken over my life.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Even the innattentiveness, sadness, and the feeling of fatigue all the time?
    exercise is second to diet or just about equal. Both are a big key in achieving goals or maintaining a peaceful status quo, a goal in itself.

For me diet is everything. The wrong food could obliterate my day. Eating burger king for example will destroy my sleep, productivity, etc...

some are not so sensitive. Everyone has to consider something different but eating habits and exercise are a good place to gently begin any transformation endeavor. Gentle because you don't want to suddenly go from eating a lot to a little or running none to running a lot. It's about pushing yourself safely and over time. The competition is with yourselves, not with others. This doesn't produce as much results as action out of competition with others but it produces more results for a decade since there is no burnout.

my two cents.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Are you seeing a doctor currently? Because that is where you should be starting.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard, The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Are you seeing a doctor currently? Because that is where you should be starting.
    Yes, and exercise is something he has suggested many times over the years. I am only just now throwing everything I have into it. Diet is a new one. As far as meds, I hit the cap strength on those a while ago.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Double yes.

Lift bro. Or something. Get your heartrate jacked up to an endorphin excreting level.

If you're new, here's a "How To" workout guide by elite military commandos.

(it really is a bunch of Special Operations badasses, but don worry it's very haha, lol)

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Even the innattentiveness, sadness, and the feeling of fatigue all the time?
    It'll certainly help with those things.