User Tag List

12 Last

Default Weird Food Intolerances

I was tested by scientists as a young child and they confirmed that I have some sort of nutritional intolerance to Casein (a milk protein). I took a blood test.

Every psych I saw at that time said it was highly probable that I was an autist and that I matched many of the traits of what was then called Asperger's Syndrome.
    Food intolerances and autism have been allegedly linked by fringe theorists and homeopaths, which means it's probably garbage, except my results came from a fucking lab test.

Years later I've done some personal testing and discovered that every time I eat any milk, I go completely batshit in my mind and start storing up all this anger that's otherwise completely inexplicable by any apparent cause in my environment. And about 24 hours after I consumed said Casein-containing product, the effect wears off and I'm normal and unflappably optimistic again. Could this really be caused by some outlandish food intolerance?

Is this bullshit?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    I was tested by scientists as a young child and they confirmed that I have some sort of nutritional intolerance to Casein (a milk protein). I took a blood test.

Every psych I saw at that time said it was highly probable that I was an autist and that I matched many of the traits of what was then called Asperger's Syndrome.
    Food intolerances and autism have been allegedly linked by fringe theorists and homeopaths, which means it's probably garbage, except my results came from a fucking lab test.

Years later I've done some personal testing and discovered that every time I eat any milk, I go completely batshit in my mind and start storing up all this anger that's otherwise completely inexplicable by any apparent cause in my environment. And about 24 hours after I consumed said Casein-containing product, the effect wears off and I'm normal and unflappably optimistic again. Could this really be caused by some outlandish food intolerance?

Is this bullshit?
    Actually, it's not. Have you heard of GMOS? They alter your brain and body and are KNOWN to cause cancer. It's still legal in the US, and 70% of all foods are GMO. Chances are. It's the GMOS. I may not be correct, but just putting that out there.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    Actually, it's not. Have you heard of GMOS? They alter your brain and body and are KNOWN to cause cancer. It's still legal in the US, and 70% of all foods are GMO. Chances are. It's the GMOS. I may not be correct, but just putting that out there.
    No, that's not it. The blood test confirmed that I have an intolerance to the milk protein Casein. As in, a lab-performed, scientific medical test by qualified professionals.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't see why not, and i say if casein is the culprit just avoid it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

No, that's not it. The blood test confirmed that I have an intolerance to the milk protein Casein. As in, a lab-performed, scientific medical test by qualified professionals.
    Woah that's actually kinda badass. It's like you're in a sci-fi movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    Woah that's actually kinda badass. It's like you're in a sci-fi movie.
    It's nothing major, it's just that I exhibited all these weird aspergery behavior patterns and nothing could explain it. My parents were run-amok trying to find a solution and we went to a simple medical testing center.

Kinda annoying, I can't just say "I'm lactose intolerant" because it's not Lactose at all, it's Casein, and the intolerance is so specific, rare, and undocumented that no one else ever reports the symptoms I had. So you either have to explain to every dumb stranger you meet that you just "can't eat milk," or you do eat milk to be socially acceptable, and then you descend into your own mental hell for 24 hours.

As an added bonus, you have to get dumped in with the health freaks who praise the Sun and do spirit dances for the Dirt Gods and other bullshit I don't believe in, stuff that wasn't confirmed by a professional medical blood test. Yay for social popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't see why not, and i say if casein is the culprit just avoid it.
    I'll commit to it.

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

It's nothing major, it's just that I exhibited all these weird aspergery behavior patterns and nothing could explain it. My parents were run-amok trying to find a solution and we went to a simple medical testing center.

Kinda annoying, I can't just say "I'm lactose intolerant" because it's not Lactose at all, it's Casein, and the intolerance is so specific, rare, and undocumented that no one else ever reports the symptoms I had. So you either have to explain to every dumb stranger you meet that you just "can't eat milk," or you do eat milk to be socially acceptable, and then you descend into your own mental hell for 24 hours.

As an added bonus, you have to get dumped in with the health freaks who praise the Sun and do spirit dances for the Dirt Gods and other bullshit I don't believe in, stuff that wasn't confirmed by a professional medical blood test. Yay for social popularity.

I'll commit to it.
    Woah that sucks. I'm lactose intolerant

MBTI
    yupp

I'll commit to it.
    yeah but isn't casein in just about everything even non-dairy creamer? even things that aren't dairy may contain casein? used as an additive. I'm not saying you shouldn't commit but if it makes your life easier and you less angry......it makes sense to put out the effort
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Perhaps I should look into that.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

My understanding is that casein is an intolerance to milk protein. This could be any milk or any product made from milk. Lactose intolerance is a bit easier to deal with because you can still have the protein, just not the lactose, or you can take lactase.

So yeah, I'd get retested to know for sure.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Cygnus liked this post