User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Unhappy Mah feets is cold.

Okay, I searched the forum for any advice on this subject, but I couldn't find anything. So:

My feet are always cold. Almost year round. I mean, they're basically foot-shaped blocks of ice. I can soak them in hot water, and within minutes they're cold again. I can put on socks that are hot from the dryer, and my feet will make my socks cold. (Figure that out, if you can.) I do have pretty low blood pressure, and poor circulation, so I'm sure that's the cause. I just don't know what to do about it.

Are there any supplements I could be taking? Anything at all that might help? I'd appreciate any tips, guys.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I love your username.

I could probably rig something up with a car battery and blow drier heating coils you lug around all day.
    Likes GarrotTheThief, BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Okay, I searched the forum for any advice on this subject, but I couldn't find anything. So:

My feet are always cold. Almost year round. I mean, they're basically foot-shaped blocks of ice. I can soak them in hot water, and within minutes they're cold again. I can put on socks that are hot from the dryer, and my feet will make my socks cold. (Figure that out, if you can.) I do have pretty low blood pressure, and poor circulation, so I'm sure that's the cause. I just don't know what to do about it.

Are there any supplements I could be taking? Anything at all that might help? I'd appreciate any tips, guys.
    I have low BP too, I always have so hands and feet are issues. Even in summer with the ac on, I step outside just to warm them up. I have some slippers filled with rice that can be microwaved. Those help. The other thing are these socks...

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

When dealing with the body I prefer the esoteric, psychoanalytical, holistic, new age, medical-astrology approach.

The feet symbolize pisces...and pisces is a 12th house sign which rules the unconscious and spirit energy.

Cold is the absence of heat and is often personified in several ways.

Coldness is associated with winter so we can look to winter demons and angels to tell the best personifications since ultimately all things are limited and derived by time when it comes to how people integrate with myth.

So....coldness....hmm....Jack Frost is a personification of the cold...have you been having any dreams or nightmares with Jack Frost?
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@GarrotTheThief I understood "Cold is the absence of heat."
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Diabeetus. Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Serious answer, buy some slippers and non-elastic wool socks.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Best thing I could suggest is to speak to your doctor about it. There is always the possibility there is a medical reason for it, and therefore perhaps a solution through it. Not sure what to say beyond that as the go-to methods I'd suggest you've already pointed out don't work.

While sitting at a desk a good tool would be a small air-blown space heater. Also might be helpful to turn the heat up in your house in general.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

@GarrotTheThief I understood "Cold is the absence of heat."
    Well don't worry too much about what I said other than perhaps there is a holistic cause.

Intuitively, I'm getting a sense that maybe working on headstands and doing upside down yoga may assist as the blood may reverse it's flow and since your hands are warm, maybe putting your feet where your hands are will heat them up, and in the meantime you can put your hands where your feet are until they get cold.

Not very practical though, but in the long run, maybe it will help as an exercise in yoga and expand your circulatory system.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Could be Raynaud's. Vascular issue. I got it. My feet (and hands) get painfully cold.
    Warm them up with hot water then bundle up in thick socks immediately after drying.

Also increase cardio to help with circulation.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Also, @BadOctopus- I got these socks (battery heated). They're a bit expensive, but awesome.

They take one "D" battery each, which makes them a bit clunky, but they're good for winter indoors/outdoors, and for other seasons indoors at home.

They don't "feel" warm like a heated blanket would feel.. your feet would get sweaty/gross eventually like that.. but they keep your feet from getting cold, as well as protect them from frostbite.

A set of rechargeable D batteries is a good investment. The socks run for 12 hours.

They're discontinued, but I found some here on this site for sale if you're interested: Lectra Sox Nordic Gear Electric Heated Socks - The Warming Store
    Use promo code "Thankyou" for 5% off the order, if you do order. There may be some free shipping promo codes floating around google, too.

Expensive for a pair of socks, but seriously worth it. That store has a great return policy, too.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.