User Tag List

First 123 Last

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Thanks, @Lexicon, @Hard, @ceecee, and everybody else for the tips. I have talked to my doctor about my cold feet, and I've been assured I don't have diabetes or Raynaud's; I don't exhibit any of the other symptoms. I just have poor circulation in my feet. (But not my hands, for some reason.) I do a cardio workout three times a week to improve circulation, but it's never made much of a difference.

I'll definitely look into some heated socks, though. Those sound amazing. I also ordered a heated mattress pad that just covers the foot of your bed, which would be perfect for me. My feet get especially cold at night, but a full-length heated mattress pad or blanket would just make me too hot. I'll let you guys know if it helps, in case anyone else here suffers from cold feet when they're trying to sleep.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Have your thyroid levels checked. I'd probably take some kelp tablets to boost the iodine levels. There are supplements like nattokinase and serrapeptase that help circulation, but consult your doctor first. I use a block of soapstone as a bedwarmer. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes and it stays hot/warm for about 3 hours.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Thanks, @Lexicon, @Hard, @ceecee, and everybody else for the tips. I have talked to my doctor about my cold feet, and I've been assured I don't have diabetes or Raynaud's; I don't exhibit any of the other symptoms. I just have poor circulation in my feet. (But not my hands, for some reason.) I do a cardio workout three times a week to improve circulation, but it's never made much of a difference.

I'll definitely look into some heated socks, though. Those sound amazing. I also ordered a heated mattress pad that just covers the foot of your bed, which would be perfect for me. My feet get especially cold at night, but a full-length heated mattress pad or blanket would just make me too hot. I'll let you guys know if it helps, in case anyone else here suffers from cold feet when they're trying to sleep.
    I second having your thyroid checked. I had all kinds of tests run but I just have low BP. It's better than having hypertension any day. I had a heated mattress pad too but I got too hot and my poor husband was dying. Now I just heat a rice bag before bed and put it at the foot. It stays warm for a long time under the covers right where I need it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Now I just heat a rice bag before bed and put it at the foot. It stays warm for a long time under the covers right where I need it.
    Ditto here. My feet are like blocks of ice going to bed, and you can't fall asleep with cold feet! Mine's called a "Magic Bag" and I think it has oats in it. Stays warm for a good 3 hours or so.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Ditto here. My feet are like blocks of ice going to bed, and you can't fall asleep with cold feet! Mine's called a "Magic Bag" and I think it has oats in it. Stays warm for a good 3 hours or so.
    I do have one of those bags o' rice that @ceecee was talking about, but it doesn't stay warm for very long. And like I mentioned in my original post, my feet possess this strange ability to suck the heat right out of warm things. What I need is a constant source of heat. Which is why I have hopes for the heated mattress pad.

MBTI
    yupp

hmmm heatable socks? do they catch fire is that why they discontinued @Lexicon.

(I do have my feet go numb if i do a sort of "L" shape on the couch well more like squiggle my head is at the knook of the where the back meet then my legs are drapped over the arm, and i'm not wearing socks, but i think that has to do more with my position but it is comfortable til my feet go numb)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I do have one of those bags o' rice that @ceecee was talking about, but it doesn't stay warm for very long. And like I mentioned in my original post, my feet possess this strange ability to suck the heat right out of warm things. What I need is a constant source of heat. Which is why I have hopes for the heated mattress pad.
    I was thinking of you and this thread as I lay in bed this morning lol! Here is the bag I like best, because it does have some longevity to it: Amazon.com: Magic Bag Pad Hot/Cold Pack , 28x24cm: Health & Personal Care.

Plus, as I lay there warm and roasty, I wanted to tell you, I wear leg warmers to bed. I wear them from the top of my calf down to the middle of my foot, with only the toes peeking out basically. This added layer, keeping my calves warm, seems to collaterally help keep my feet toasty (once they get toasty).

Also, the only slippers that seem to strike the right balance between keeping my feet warm vs getting sweaty then cold again, are these Isotoners: Amazon.com: Isotoner Women's Classic Satin Ballerina Slipper: Clothing. With a pair of socks and these on, my feet stay happily and passably comfortable all day. (I work from home, so I am in slippers rather than dressy work shoes/boots).

I am sure the heating pad will help though too. I just find I tend to get sweaty from them, then my feet get cold because they are sweaty! Good luck finding a solution, with this much attention focussed on the issue, you are bound to find something of help.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 sx/so - 9w1 sp/sx
    Fi>Ne>Ni>Si>Ti >Fe>Te>Se
    Phlegmatic/Melancholic
    Sensitive

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Massage. Massaging the feet to help move things along and more primarily provide contact with something warmer (like your hands, since those warm up quickly again after).

Compression socks too can help for bad circulation. I know the diabetes thing was sort of a joke, but diabetics are notorious for having bad circulation, so treatments used for them can be very useful for you too.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post