• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

booby traps

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
AND THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

I've had enough of a shit time finding a bra that actually fits properly over the past 8 or so years that I'd actually given up and just stuck with sports bras for just about every occasion. Victoria's Secret had put me in a particular size years ago and it never did quite fit well... it'd slide up if I raised my arms or over the course of the day and with the whole swoop and scoop motion it tended to make my poor boobs look like a can of biscuits forgotten in a hot car (according to my aunt... thanks auntie)

I decided about a year ago that, as a proper grown up lady person I should probably own a couple of proper bras... real bras that you don't wear to the gym or to go jogging and that might actually look cute and such. Of course, as someone who likes the internet and hates spending any more time in an actual store talking to salespeople than absolutely necessary (but still wants to handle the actual product before handing over my money), I turned to the internet with a measuring tape in hand to figure out what size I should make a beeline for once entering the store.

Yay! I found what my size is! :yay:

And then I went to the store... :sadbanana:

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE BRAS?!? Seriously... are we all supposed to happily just go with whatever one of a few basic sizes the major manufacturers feel like making fits us best? WTF bra makers?!?!?

So I tried the closest that I could find to the right size and tried to make it work... went through about 5 different sizes (EXPENSIVE!) and they didn't fit right... either they slid up or went all quad boob.

My mom and sis did not sympathize... they have delightful tall, willowy builds that clothes fit perfectly and look good on (though my mom got about $200 worth of bras that didn't fit me at all and fit her quite nicely). On the other hand, I'm short with t&a and if not dressed properly I tend to look rather chunky... and I know that I'm NOT chunky :(

And then triumph! I was wandering through TJ Maxx to pick up some more obnoxiously colored knee socks and I found a bra that was the right size on the sales rack... of a brand that I like as well.

It fit... I wore it all afternoon while cleaning house as a test and there was no slipping, no spilled boobage, no pinching and no sliding straps... it fit and it was comfortable.

Holy shit! Measuring really WORKS! :holy:

So anyone have any input? Any tips on where to find sizes that aren't in the normal 4 letter system in the US (not the bigger cities where people care about clothes and such)?

Anyone else have equal annoyance? :huh:

Note: I'm not even talking about Christina Hendrick's style cleavage here... normal looking boobs that don't fit properly into anything

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You could try a specialty store that offer bras from Europe. But it probably will be expensive.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You could try a specialty store that offer bras from Europe. But it probably will be expensive.

thanks! I'm in the midwest (yay corn! boo fashion forwardness...) so we don't really have much in the way of lingerie stores, but a couple of the larger department stores do carry a variety of brands including some with different sizes... so I sit and wait for the sales to take place :laugh:

sales are essential... I'm not paying $80 for some underwear :thelook:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When I was single, I paid $100 CDN many years ago for one specialty bra from Europe. It was worth it since it made me look good in a t-shirt. I now wait for sales however the store I went to, do not carry my size anymore. :cry: