• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EJCC and Showbread's Cooking/Exercise Extravaganza!

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] Found this for ya:

2329ind-w232h232z1-63895-yall-need-cheeses.jpg

Yassssss. I <3 cheese. Sometimes it doesn't like me though. I have stress induced lactose intolerance or something.

You guys need to stop making me hungry. :cry: (I'm trying to get back in shape before New Zealand, so I've been working out and trying to eat healthier too)

Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.

Just because you are getting in shape doesn't mean you can't eat! And yes, sweet potatoes/yams are the best! I love to cut them into "fries" with the skin still on and then roast them. I usually put a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper/red pepper flakes, and a little shredded parmesan on them. The parmesan burns a bit and it's sooooo good. And a tiny bit spicy.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sweet potatoes were my go-to when i was eating super healthy. they're perfect for something warm and satisfying that isn't terrible for you.

baked sweet potato in the microwave filled with black beans and warm veggies was my jaaam.

(p.s. sorry for blowin you up today chanaynay :) )

Or slow "fried" in sesame oil, and topped with yeast flakes and gamashio, served with a HUGE green salad and crusty sourdoughs mmmmmm

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just because you are getting in shape doesn't mean you can't eat! And yes, sweet potatoes/yams are the best! I love to cut them into "fries" with the skin still on and then roast them. I usually put a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper/red pepper flakes, and a little shredded parmesan on them. The parmesan burns a bit and it's sooooo good. And a tiny bit spicy.

Oh I know! It's just I have a high metabolism so when I stop caring I usually indulge in fatty foods with no remorse. So I'm still in that unhealthy/greasy food stage, and all this food you're posting is making me hungry. :cry:

But I made the switch yesterday and everything so far has been delicious. :D My friend's fitness blog really helps, and apparently according to my mom when I'm not home they don't buy stuff like Doritos lol. The stuff you and Nic posted are great and I might make some later. We're stocked up on sweet potatoes.

Also avocados. You know, Californian staple. :)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh I know! It's just I have a high metabolism so when I stop caring I usually indulge in fatty foods with no remorse. So I'm still in that unhealthy/greasy food stage, and all this food you're posting is making me hungry. :cry:

But I made the switch yesterday and everything so far has been delicious. :D My friend's fitness blog really helps, and apparently according to my mom when I'm not home they don't buy stuff like Doritos lol. The stuff you and Nic posted are great and I might make some later. We're stocked up on sweet potatoes.

Also avocados. You know, Californian staple. :)

Oh yes, lots of avocados. I've been known to just put them on toast with some salt and pepper.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yes, lots of avocados. I've been known to just put them on toast with some salt and pepper.

...i did that yesterday for breakfast! minus the salt & pepper. and served alongside an orange and blueberry acai juice. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23265]cm81[/MENTION] I just had salmon yesterday too. :cry: you guys need to stop stalking my life

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OMG [MENTION=23265]cm81[/MENTION]. That looks excellent. Though I am a fan of pretty much anything with egg and/or avocado on top.

You guys need to stop making me hungry. :cry: (I'm trying to get back in shape before New Zealand, so I've been working out and trying to eat healthier too)

Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.
Well if we aren't getting you hungry for healthy food, then we aren't doing our job!
sweet potatoes were my go-to when i was eating super healthy. they're perfect for something warm and satisfying that isn't terrible for you.

baked sweet potato in the microwave filled with black beans and warm veggies was my jaaam.
YES. That combo sounds amazing though, like a sweet potato-rito. What veggies did you use?

The only baked sweet potato stuff I've done was right after Thanksgiving, piling a bunch of leftover Thanksgiving ingredients on top of a baked sweet potato (e.g. kale and/or brussel sprouts, pecans and/or walnuts, cranberries, etc, plus I added some goat cheese).

Roasted cauliflower and cheddar soup. YUM!

Made this for the fam tonight and it was really really good! The only thing I changed was use regular sharp cheddar instead of white. Very good, not too rich. It still has the cheese, but not an outrageous amount. And the only liquid other than chicken broth is half a cup of low fat milk. We served it with crusty whole wheat bread and a kale/romaine salad.
Mmmm cauliflower and cheese. That sounds excellent. Nice, lighter variation on the traditional broccoli/cheese soup.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
OMG [MENTION=23265]cm81[/MENTION]. That looks excellent. Though I am a fan of pretty much anything with egg and/or avocado on top.

Well if we aren't getting you hungry for healthy food, then we aren't doing our job!

And as ESxJs we take our jobs VERY seriously!!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I used okra, spinach, mushrooms mostly. Spiced it up with turmeric, curry, garlic, shawarma spices.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
cauliflower1.jpg

Roasted cauliflower and cheddar soup. YUM!

Made this for the fam tonight and it was really really good! The only thing I changed was use regular sharp cheddar instead of white. Very good, not too rich. It still has the cheese, but not an outrageous amount. And the only liquid other than chicken broth is half a cup of low fat milk. We served it with crusty whole wheat bread and a kale/romaine salad.

For exercise, I went to a yoga class this morning! It was really good, I'll probably even be sore tomorrow.

I have this recipe pinned. I hadn't planned to make it yet but I think I will tomorrow with the sharp cheddar.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Exercise was going excellent. I went to a yoga class, I've been running with dogs, and I went rock climbing. But, I am starting to have sciatic nerve pain, which is no bueno... Need to make a doctor/chiropractor appointment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^ Did you ever get this figured out?

I have a chiropractor appointment on Tuesday. Pretty sure it's my sciatic nerve though. It's like a pinchy pain that stars above my tail bone and goes down the back of my legs. Not sure what the solution is.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone have any tips re: exercising on a vacation during the winter? Best I can think is to do bodyweight exercises -- especially core and arm things -- in the morning before everyone else gets up. I'm a few days away from a 2 week vacation, and am trying to plan ahead.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does anyone have any tips re: exercising on a vacation during the winter? Best I can think is to do bodyweight exercises -- especially core and arm things -- in the morning before everyone else gets up. I'm a few days away from a 2 week vacation, and am trying to plan ahead.

I am currently blessed with 60 degree outdoor weather and a family gym membership. :D But, if you are stuck inside I would get a jump rope for cardio! Yoga can be done in a relatively small space, you just need enough room for the mat. Hand weights can be good. If you feel super ambitious maybe a P90X type workout?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Went to the chiropractor today and I am all fixed! My sacroiliac joint, commonly called SI joint was out on the right side. Once it got popped back in it felt so much better. Still a little sore, but I'll be back to exercise tomorrow. :D

original.jpeg

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Good to hear you're okay! It sounded like it could've been rather more serious than that.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hemp pancakes:

3/4 c whole wheat flour (or gluten free)
2 ts baking powder
1 Tbs honey
1 C Hemp/almond/rice/soy milk (use hemp)
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 egg (or egg replacer: I use 1 tsp ground flax + 3Tbs warm water--stir and allow to gel up approx 3-5min)
1/4 C raw, shelled hemp seeds
(I like flax seed, and therefore, add more, add even if using an egg)
LOTS of cinnamon and teeny bit of nutmeg
Splash of vanilla

Whip up, fry in a pan :)

(make it beautiful with pb, syrup, top with fresh berries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar and raw pumpkin seeds)

(go crazy with grilled veggies -asparagus- and egg/tofu. mmmm. breakfast)