User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Milestone (or something): 90% of the time I crave something, it's my BODY that tells me not to stuff my face with it. "You'll feel like shit if you eat too much of that!" Sometimes my mental craving feels sort of defeated, while the rest of me feels fine. I'll eat a couple of bites of it and move on.

It's weird. I'm definitely aware of my body chemistry changing. I feel VERY different.

Also: I haven't been doing well at all with exercise. Too stressed about this job application. Will try to start once it's done (which hopefully will be tonight).

----------------------------------------------

Edit: Also I think I'm going to make these, this weekend:

Recipe: Tomato Cobbler with Cornmeal-Cheddar Biscuits
    (using up my leftover cherry tomatoes)

30 Minute Clean Thai Turkey Zucchini Meatballs | iFOODreal
    (courtesy of @Showbread's Pinterest board! Leaving out the tomato paste -- too much like Italian pasta sauce -- and adding in shallots and some kind of vegetable, maybe broccoli)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Updates:

- I have done my mindfulness every day so far! So, that's an accomplishment.

- I have been failing at doing cardio before yoga. It's too cold to run outside now, at least I think it is. And, if I use the gym it throws off my routine. Before I would: wake up -> run -> shower -> go to yoga -> change clothes at school -> go to class. If I go to the gym before I class I: wake up -> go to gym -> go to yoga -> go home and shower -> go back to school. Not nearly as convenient. Oh well. There are only 4 weeks left in the semester anyway. I will establish a better routine next semester, might be rough though because I'm not in the yoga class. Although I may just go to it anyway.

- Still struggling with food. Not eating sweets is SO difficult for me. I probably have a legit sugar addiction, but I don't have the mental energy to break it. Too many other things to focus on. It's easier to just eat the cookie and go back to what I was doing then to expend the mental energy necessary to keep myself from eating it. Christmas break is also not a great time to tackle it. Because, Christmas. Also my parent's house is generally full of junk food because my dad and brothers can essentially eat whatever and be fine. I generally limit myself to having a carton of ice cream around. But, I should probably just do away with that. Boo.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Showbread

Good for you re: mindfulness. I haven't done that at all.

Re: sweets -- what was your sweet limitation again? One sweet thing a day? I don't know if this will help, but in my recent experience getting rid of my sugar addiction, a big part of it was that I had a mental need for sugar at particular times of day (after lunch, after dinner). Once I rid myself of that association/routine (after lunch = time for a few cookies), and noticed how much better I felt without all those sweets, I stopped craving them like I used to -- which made it a lot easier for me to eat them in moderation.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Likes senza tema liked this post

The only way for me to go off sweets is to go cold turkey ... but I am a completely all or nothing person.

I don't know how you guys regulate. I have no sense of self-control at all. I see cookie, I eat cookie. Completely incapable of saying no to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @Showbread

Good for you re: mindfulness. I haven't done that at all.

Re: sweets -- what was your sweet limitation again? One sweet thing a day? I don't know if this will help, but in my recent experience getting rid of my sugar addiction, a big part of it was that I had a mental need for sugar at particular times of day (after lunch, after dinner). Once I rid myself of that association/routine (after lunch = time for a few cookies), and noticed how much better I felt without all those sweets, I stopped craving them like I used to -- which made it a lot easier for me to eat them in moderation.
    Learning that the end of a meal really was the end of the meal and that there was no dessert to follow was a huge stumbling block for sure.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    The only way for me to go off sweets is to go cold turkey ... but I am a completely all or nothing person.

I don't know how you guys regulate. I have no sense of self-control at all. I see cookie, I eat cookie. Completely incapable of saying no to myself.
    SJ power.

Likes senza tema, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

Learning that the end of a meal really was the end of the meal and that there was no dessert to follow was a huge stumbling block for sure.
    Yeah, I might end up doing that... At least for the two weeks before Thanksgiving. I'm thinking no dessert, except a square or two of dark chocolate. And frozen yogurt on the days I work, which will be 1-2 times a week. Goal will be to substitute unsweetened tea or something after meals.

Unrelated: I've started taking a multi-vitamin and vitamin D. Note to self, taking vitamins and drinking coffee without eating is pretty much instant nausea.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Yeah, I might end up doing that... At least for the two weeks before Thanksgiving. I'm thinking no dessert, except a square or two of dark chocolate. And frozen yogurt on the days I work, which will be 1-2 times a week. Goal will be to substitute unsweetened tea or something after meals.
    You may have a different experience, but I tried to do that "one or two pieces of chocolate" thing, early on, and it didn't work at ALL. The only thing that worked, at least around lunchtime, was going completely cold turkey. Instead I'd have a mint, and/or coffee, and/or a bite of a healthy snack. It sucked for the first 2-3 days, but then the cravings disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I've started taking a multi-vitamin and vitamin D. Note to self, taking vitamins and drinking coffee without eating is pretty much instant nausea.
    Oof, yeah, been there. I also take Vitamin D.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You may have a different experience, but I tried to do that "one or two pieces of chocolate" thing, early on, and it didn't work at ALL. The only thing that worked, at least around lunchtime, was going completely cold turkey. Instead I'd have a mint, and/or coffee, and/or a bite of a healthy snack. It sucked for the first 2-3 days, but then the cravings disappeared.
    Yeah, I was thinking cold turkey at lunch. Maybe a little bit of chocolate after dinner. Lots of tea, coffee instead. I get my lunches on campus, so once I've left the cafeteria the option is gone.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Midway through eating trail mix I realized that trail mix has m&ms and m&ms are sugar. Booo.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Don't know how sedentary y'all's lifestyles are but I came across this on facebook and thought I'd share.

Yoga hacks: How to undo the damage of a desk job
    Likes Showbread, EJCC liked this post