User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I don't understand you people. I practically plan my day around eating. Unless I eat a big/heavy meal I pretty consistently get hungry every 3-4 hours. And if I wait too long to eat I get nauseated. But, my sp manifests really heavily as self-care.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes senza tema, kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I don't understand you people. I practically plan my day around eating. Unless I eat a big/heavy meal I pretty consistently get hungry every 3-4 hours. And if I wait too long to eat I get nauseated. But, my sp manifests really heavily as self-care.
    That makes sense. My focus on food only ever has to do with the fun and the experience of the food -- treating it like an event. I'm so 7-ish about food, lol. But if I'm really busy/stressed and have a lot to do, I stop thinking about food and only remember when I start to feel weird.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Subscribed.

I just started working out and eating better myself this week.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Subscribed.

I just started working out and eating better myself this week.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Exercise update! Also kind of a food update, or at least a food update as it relates to exercise.

(PREFACE: I have decided to REALLY commit to exercising 3+ days per week. Super motivated right now. Getting into it, treating it like a project. This blog is really helping me with that btw, so props, @Showbread!)

1) Several articles told me that I should eat both before and after I work out: something easy to digest beforehand (like a banana or a yogurt parfait), and something high in protein afterwards. My ISTJ roommate, who is also trying to eat healthier and go to the gym more, inspired me to buy protein powder. Which was A HUGE MISTAKE. What I SHOULD have done was try some of his and see if I like it, then buy the same thing. Or something like that. Anyway, instead I impulse-bought a $15 container of Trader Joe's brand vanilla-flavored soy protein. Tried it last night, mixed with milk, and it's pretty awful. Not NyQuil bad, but maybe Pepto-Bismol bad. Or mediocre energy drink bad.

2) This morning I was all set to go to an hour-long spinning class, and then I did some Googling and everyone said "YOU HAVE TO BRING A TON OF WATER BECAUSE YOU'LL SWEAT BUCKETS", and I realized that I don't have a water bottle*. So I stayed home and did this workout from Greatist.

I did the correct number of reps of everything except push-ups**, but 2 sets of each pair instead of three, and totally lost my energy right before the last pair (Superman+fancier plank). That ended up being like 20 minutes instead of 30. Clearly I am a noob at this! So I guess it's good that I didn't take the 60 minute spin class -- better to start with the shorter one on Monday (45 minutes).

I ate a banana before my workout, and by the end of the workout was STARVING. Made a protein shake (with 2 scoops of the protein powder and some frozen fruit -- still tasted bad), and was just about as hungry as I was before. Ended up eating some baked oats I made earlier this week (with apple slices, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds) to supplement it.

TLDR: This morning's workout experience has NOT helped me decide whether I should work out in the morning or in the evening, which means I'm pretty uncertain about the workout food situation too. Plus, what do I do with this goddamn protein powder? Throw it away? Try to mix it with something to make it less bad? (This looked promising, for example.) Or do I suck it up and chug it like medicine?

*Buying one today!
    **Last week I watched a video tutorial and realized that I'd been doing modified pushups with bad form, so this morning I finally had a chance to correct it. And now I can do like half the number I could before. Which is disheartening, but on the other hand I'm one step closer to UNmodified push-ups.
    Last edited by EJCC; 11-08-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: formatting

Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Also! Food plan for this week:

Breakfasts:
    • Not sure yet -- will probably depend on my workout time decision (see above) -- preliminary plan is a banana with peanut butter each morning

Lunches:

Snacks:
    • Lightly salted almonds

Dinners:

MBTI
    yupp

why not eat more bacon?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Patches liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why not eat more bacon?
    Serious answer: TBH I've never liked bacon enough to feel like it's worth the hassle of making it, storing/disposing of the grease, etc. I only eat it when other people make it.

Non-serious answer: YOU ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE

Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Serious answer: TBH I've never liked bacon enough to feel like it's worth the hassle of making it, storing/disposing of the grease, etc. I only eat it when other people make it.

Non-serious answer: YOU ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE
    i meant instead of the protein powder.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i meant instead of the protein powder.
    Hm. Same answer goes, I guess. Too much work in the morning.

I wouldn't object to some kind of lean breakfast sausage, though. Something I can put in the microwave.