i dunno what else to say so
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why was the treadmill despondent?
    *pat pat* I know that feel, treadmill. I know that feel.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes prplchknz, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Get ALL the exercise.

I ran on the treadmill before church yesterday AND went swing dancing in the evening. I forgot how much fun swing dancing is! I'm actually pretty decent at it now too, so I feel less self-conscious with the more experienced dancers. Plus, dancing with better dancers is the only way to improve. I think I'm going to try to make swing a regular Sunday night habit. Such a fun workout.

On Friday I decided that doing weighted lunges for the first time in like 5 years was a good idea. My glutes disagreed. It's such a great way to build muscle though, so I will probably keep doing it. I also did some yoga and cardio that day.

It's looking like rock climbing is going to one again be something that happens at least once a week. Exxx friend suggested that we just get memberships at the one in Portland we've been going to. It's pricey, but they also have yoga and bouldering. So, might be worth it. I want to go to one of their lead climbing clinics where you learn how to set up a rope outdoors to climb real rocks. I've gone before, but I've always had to rely on someone else for set up.

Food:

Lemon pasta ended up being good. Not amazing, but good. I'm not a huge fan of lemon as a primary flavor in savory foods, but it was decent. I've been eating the leftovers for lunch. Currently I have chicken in an Asian marinade I threw together. I was craving the spicy Thai peanut salad dressing from Trader Joe's, so I bought some of that yesterday.

On Thursday I am planning to make these again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Made Chicken and Dumplings last night. So easy, and so yummy. No cream of anything nasty, just some canned chicken broth. Everything else was fresh ingredients. Next time I might make the dumplings with half whole wheat flour.

Modifications I made:
    - Only used 2 T of butter
    - Added extra thyme
    - Omitted dill (yuck). Instead I added dried rosemary and a little shredded parmesan to them (YUM!).
    - Didn't cook chicken for a full 20 minutes initially. It was done after 10-15.
    - Swapped peas for green beans, added them with the carrots and onions
    I've been craving them for awhile but the weather has just been too dang sunny. But, now it's cloudy, rainy, and about 60 degrees. So time for cozy food!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Food planning will soon change significantly due to two factors:

1) My last CSA bag will be next Wednesday
    2) I am trying to model my spending as much on the words of Mr. Money Mustache as I possibly can

We shall see how that goes...

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Food updates:

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Things I cooked over the weekend:

Healthy Maple Pumpkin Muffins - Cookie and Kate
    Verdict: Fine, but not anything I'd make again. Too boring. Also, an inefficient use of a fairly expensive ingredient (maple syrup). You can't even taste the maple in it.

Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes - Budget Bytes
    Verdict: amazing as always. This time I crumbled a mini Babybel cheese wheel on top of it and it worked great!

pumpkin lassi รขย€ย” A Brown Table
    Verdict: it's the first thing I've made in a long while that I loathed. To the point of feeling sick to my stomach. If you think the taste of yogurt is the best thing ever, which I don't, then you'd like it. But I don't, so I didn't. Maybe it was because the pumpkin didn't balance out the yogurt taste like mango tends to, in mango lassi.

Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network
    Verdict: Really, really good.
    FYIs and modifications:
    - Use either a VERY large squash, or more than one small squash. Otherwise you will barely have enough.
    - Cook the squash to the point of overcooking it, or else it won't blend well. Although if it doesn't blend well, it'll still be excellent in the lasagna.
    - You will most likely use less cheese than they call for.
    - I ignore the amaretti cookie thing -- why the hell would you put cookies in your lasagna?? -- but it tasted amazing anyway
    - I used dried basil and it was great, but it would be even better with fresh
    Also, my last week of CSA food is this week / next week, so @Showbread, if you're down for the recipe sharing/reviewing, then I am also down!

Exercise updates:

I did a super intense hike/rock scramble last weekend (not this past weekend), and also did yoga and attempted to go for a run. That was way too much for me*. Also, it's getting less sunny outside, and colder, so my energy level is dropping. Hoping to gain some energy and motivation as I give myself some rest time? I still have yoga scheduled for tomorrow, but don't plan on running until I feel up to it.

I bought a foam roller this week, too, and have been using it a bit -- but not as much as I should. I chicken out after about 30 seconds, when apparently each area needs 2 minutes. I'm not sure how people can deal with 2 minutes of that much pain, though

*Had the worst side-splits I've ever experienced in my life after about mile 2 of said run. Had to walk/run/limp the remaining mile home.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Food updates:

Also, my last week of CSA food is this week / next week, so @Showbread, if you're down for the recipe sharing/reviewing, then I am also down!
    Totally forgot to respond to this, but yes! Lets do it!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think I need to buy a new pair of running shoes. I bought my current ones in February, and 1) they're not really springy anymore, 2) I think(?) they've been harder on my knees than they used to be, and 3) it's been eight months and I've heard that you're supposed to replace your running shoes every 6-12 months. Not looking forward to spending $75-100 on something like this, but if it's necessary in order for me to keep running, then I will.

On a related note, I'm starting to feel like IT band syndrome and other knee-related injuries are to runners as cancer is to the general population. Anything can give it to you, it's inevitable, and whether you emerge from it unscathed seems entirely random. I've tried stretching, I've tried a foam roller. Pretty soon I'll try new running shoes. But I don't know if any of that will help.

(Also related: I seriously bruised my leg when I was foam rolling it, last week, and the bruises still haven't gone away. Whatever source told me I had to put my entire body weight on the roller/my IT band for two straight minutes each day was TOTALLY wrong.)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Exercise news: Bought some cold-weather running clothes, including long pants* and wrap around earwarmers. Also, finally bought the new running shoes, and am now waiting for them to come in the mail. Not running again until I get them. (I'm already stir-crazy! I guess that just means more yoga in the meantime.)

Food news with @Showbread: The two of us went back to our cooking pen-pal thing last week, and we both made this: Spaghettini with Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, and Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs - Blogging Over Thyme . It turned out AMAZING. Pro tip: use lots and lots of salt.

We were both set to make this, this week: Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies - Gimme Some Oven . But Showbread had a life and I didn't have a life, so I made them on my own. I would definitely recommend the recipe, even though my cookies ended up on the chewy/crispy side, and were not as pretty as the pictures.

Food news sans Showbread: You all may have seen that I had a food crisis a few weeks back. Those problems were solved by tons of cooking, and tons of stuff being put into the freezer.

All my freezer food at the moment:
    - 1 loaf of zucchini bread
    - 3-4 servings of lentil soup
    - 2-ish servings of radish greens soup
    - 2 servings of spinach chickpea curry

Recently finished dishes include:
    - red kuri squash curry (lol @ the name -- pretty good, but a sad reminder that I can never eat Thai Kitchen brand curry paste again now that I've had the more flavorful stuff)
    - butternut squash lasagna
    - pumpkin muffins
    - zucchini/heirloom tomato crustless quiche

So the problem I'm having is that I have all this food in the freezer, that I need to eat before it gets freezer-burned... but I'm already bored with it. Hoping to stave away the boredom by making snack-type food and breakfast food, that I already have the ingredients for, like pumpkin energy bites and either apple walnut flaxseed bread or apple walnut baked oatmeal.

*I have tried running in long, legging-type pants before, and every pair I have tried is too tight in the ankles and too big in the waist. So they keep falling down. And it is both awkward and annoying as hell to have to constantly hitch up your pants when you're running! So I gave up and bought looser-fitting elastic-waist pants that are made out of some kind of windbreaker material. Hoping that chafing won't be an issue... but if it is, I'm only out $12, so whatever.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Food news with @Showbread: The two of us went back to our cooking pen-pal thing last week, and we both made this: Spaghettini with Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, and Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs - Blogging Over Thyme . It turned out AMAZING. Pro tip: use lots and lots of salt.

We were both set to make this, this week: Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies - Gimme Some Oven . But Showbread had a life and I didn't have a life, so I made them on my own. I would definitely recommend the recipe, even though my cookies ended up on the chewy/crispy side, and were not as pretty as the pictures.
    If by a life you mean weekend classes, work, shit tons of homework, and spending every spare moment attempting to maintain relationships and not go completely crazy... I'm glad they turned out well though! I'm excited to make them.

*I have tried running in long, legging-type pants before, and every pair I have tried is too tight in the ankles and too big in the waist. So they keep falling down. And it is both awkward and annoying as hell to have to constantly hitch up your pants when you're running! So I gave up and bought looser-fitting elastic-waist pants that are made out of some kind of windbreaker material. Hoping that chafing won't be an issue... but if it is, I'm only out $12, so whatever.
    This problem is the WORST. Honestly, the only solution I've found is buying pricier pants. I recently bought these and I am obsessed. I wear them as real clothes, to rock climb, and do yoga. That's how I justified the $35. They're pretty high rise, so I doubt they'd fall down. And the ankles are actually a tiny bit loose on me. Also, they have POCKETS.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I bought a foam roller this week, too, and have been using it a bit -- but not as much as I should. I chicken out after about 30 seconds, when apparently each area needs 2 minutes. I'm not sure how people can deal with 2 minutes of that much pain, though
    My routine is 15 minutes long total. It sucks. I'm going to watch a show while I do it at home to try to distract me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge