User Tag List

First 253334353637 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Weird. I've been enjoying it re-heated. What flavors have been bothering you?
    The flavors are still fine, it's the sauce. It's all dried up/absorbed into the noodles. I'm thinking if I store the sauce separately and only put it on one portion at a time it will work better next time.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    The flavors are still fine, it's the sauce. It's all dried up/absorbed into the noodles. I'm thinking if I store the sauce separately and only put it on one portion at a time it will work better next time.
    That is very strange, because it did NOT happen to me. But on the other hand, the noodles were very sauce-y to start with. Maybe if you add fewer noodles/less kale next time? Or store the sauce separately -- that would work too.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

That is very strange, because it did NOT happen to me. But on the other hand, the noodles were very sauce-y to start with. Maybe if you add fewer noodles/less kale next time? Or store the sauce separately -- that would work too.
    I didn't use quite all of the sauce because of the saltiness. Lessons learned!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Conclusion for Spanish Chicken and Potatoes remake: YUM. I don't know if it was the better produce, letting it cook down a bit longer, or heavier seasoning, but it was SO good. After I blended it, it almost had a creaminess that was so delicious. I skimped on the olive oil last time, but I used almost the full amount tonight.

Zucchini muffins/bread were also a huge success! Here is the recipe:

- 3 large eggs
    - 1/2 cup oil
    - 1/2 unsweetened applesauce
    - 1.5 cups white sugar
    - 2 cups grated zucchini
    - 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry/white whole wheat flour
    - 1.5 cups AP flour
    - 1 T pure vanilla extract
    - 2 tsp cinnamon
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1 tsp baking soda
    - 1/4 tsp baking powder
    - 1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat eggs until light and foamy. Beat in oil and sugar. Add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture. Blend zucchini and nuts. Pour into two 9x5 loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 mins - 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans. If making muffins, bake for 17-20 minutes.

It seems like a lot of oil and sugar, but this makes either two full loaves or two dozen muffins. So, it's really quite a bit of zucchini bread.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Rock climbing was a blast, but now it's back to real life. My back is not thrilled with me for spending 15+ hours in the car this weekend so I'll probably take it easy on the exercise.

I'll be going grocery shopping today and I have no idea what I'm be making. Should probably consult my work schedule first. Open to suggestions!
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I'm going to a yoga class today! There's a really awesome bouldering gym that is also a yoga studio about 10 minutes from my apartment. They had a special running for the month of August where their 10 visit punch cards were 50% off. So, I bought one! They have a pretty diverse offering of yoga classes, I'm going to a typical Vinyasa class today. I'll also being rock climbing on Thursday night, and doing physical therapy exercises.

For food, I have been doing a little bit too much of the "eat whatever you want" thing for the last week. Oops. I did however make Honey Sriracha Chicken, which ended up being really good. A little too sweet though. Next time I will use less sugar in the sauce. I have plenty of leftovers in the fridge I need to eat tonight, and for lunch tomorrow. Tuesday night I am going to happy hour after Grad School orientation with some friends. Then on Wednesday night I'll probably make enchiladas (roommate and I are cooking for her boyfriend and his roommates). So on Thursday, I will finally need to make a meal for myself. Not sure what it will be yet... Maybe a big salad? I've been craving the spicy Thai peanut dressing from TJ's for awhile now.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Exercise:

@Showbread Yet another weird commonality that we apparently have encountered, is that my yoga studio had a special at the exact same time as yours -- 5 classes for $8 apiece, when they're usually $13 -- that I have to use within the month. I've used one class already, and wasted two by oversleeping (once unintentionally, once intentionally, after my roommates kept me up too late). I'm not happy about it, because I wasted $16, but now I know not to attempt any sort of exercise that requires me to get up before 6am. Unless someone goes with me to hold me accountable.

There was a period of a week and a half where I didn't do much exercise at all, because I had just switched to a standing desk at work and wanted to give my legs time to adjust. Not sure if that was necessary, but what's done is done. Next step is training for a potentially arduous hike that I'm doing with a group of friends at the end of the month. (There will apparently be lots of steep slopes, jumping across crevasses, and a rock scramble.) The plan is to go running 3x a week, do my usual treadmill thing, but program the treadmill to one of its automatic "hills" or "peaks" settings -- giving me some intensive hiking-esque exercise without actually hiking. However! If you all have training recommendations for something like this, let me know. I've got about two weeks before then, so it's last minute, but every little bit helps.

Food:

Roommate will be out of town next week, and I have been spending more money than I am comfortable with recently, so I canceled this week's CSA bag and will be making things almost entirely with food I have around. My weekly grocery total is $20, and $10 of that was a six-pack of fancy beer.

Recipe plans for the week include...

- Spaghetti squash from last week's CSA, with pesto, parmesan, and burst cherry tomatoes (already made this with half the squash and it tasted great! even though I'm not the biggest spaghetti squash fan!)
    - Cold Comfort | The Traveler's Lunchbox (one of my standards -- made a big pot of it today and froze most of it for later)
    - Last week I used up some CSA wax beans and potatoes with this recipe (which was great btw), and had a bunch of dressing left over, so I chopped up some celery and red onion and chicken and made a pretty simple chicken salad, to have on sandwiches for the next few days
    - I attempted to make hummus, since I had all the ingredients already and nothing else to do with them. I learned a valuable lesson from the experience: I desperately need a new food processor. My food processor sucks, and the hummus is not smooth at all. But it's yummy enough to eat until I run out, which is the most important thing.

I'm a lot more comfortable improvising in the kitchen nowadays. Which is great, and kind of exciting. For non-SJs, this should put into perspective how difficult it can be for SJs to switch from Si mode to Ne mode, as it's taken me at least a year and a half to get to this point!

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

- I attempted to make hummus, since I had all the ingredients already and nothing else to do with them. I learned a valuable lesson from the experience: I desperately need a new food processor. My food processor sucks, and the hummus is not smooth at all. But it's yummy enough to eat until I run out, which is the most important thing.
    What kind of chickpeas did you use and- if you used dry ones instead of canned chickpeas - how long did you soak and boil them?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    What kind of chickpeas did you use and- if you used dry ones instead of canned chickpeas - how long did you soak and boil them?
    I went the easy route and used canned chickpeas. (ISTJ former roommate left them behind and, well, finders keepers!)

Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

So, I've kind of dropped the ball on posting here lately, whoops.

I made Tuna Patties last week that ended up being really good! Only substitution was using panko instead of torn bread. Served with rice and salad. I really enjoyed them, but I also generally like tuna and fish

Food has gotten interesting. I've kind of ended up joining the cooking/meal planning system that my guy friends have. Once a week I volunteer to cook for them, and then in return I eat a meal at their place once a week. My ENFJ roommate is almost always over there in the evenings so this ends up working well for a couple reasons. 1) I get to hang out with her more 2) I don't have to cook dinner or eat leftovers one guaranteed night a week. 3) Not eating with them generally results in sitting in my apartment alone. 4) I have feelings for one of the guys and this guarantees I get to see him at least twice a week.

The downside: they don't generally make super healthy things for dinner. Lots of pasta, rice, etc. But, it's provided the opportunity/challenge to get
    creative in cooking for them, which is kind of fun, but also really hard. There are 5 of us total, but they eat almost twice as much as ENFJ roommate and I do (re: 23 year old men). So finding recipes and meals that aren't too expensive, involve vegetables, and will appease picky eaters has been interesting. One of them is legitimately picky, and the other just hasn't tried a lot of things. I had to explain what both kale and pesto sauce were to him.

So, tonight I am making Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry. ENFJ roommate picked the recipe, but other than the broccoli I'm actually pretty excited about it. I'm assuming we'll probably end up doubling it, because boys.

Exercise: I did a ton of physical activities this week/weekend. I walked about 5 miles on the beach Saturday, painted for 5 hours Monday, and rock climbed for almost 2 hours Tuesday. Today I'm planning to go for a walk and do some yoga with my yoga app. I'm having some struggles finding classes that work with schedule at yoga studio. The last few times I've tried to go the Hatha class has been the only one that has worked. I'm a little wary of Hatha because their description of it almost sounds more spiritual than physical, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Vinyasa is definitely my preference. But, maybe I'll try it eventually.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*