User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Does your treadmill have a fan on it? I flippin' love the treadmill fan. It makes life worth living for the duration of my exercise.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Does your treadmill have a fan on it? I flippin' love the treadmill fan. It makes life worth living for the duration of my exercise.
    They don't! It's pretty lame. They got new treadmills at the gym near my parent's house and the new ones don't have fans.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's a downgrade!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Seriously! I should get one of those little clip-on fans and bring it with me. Might be super dweebish, totally worth it.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Bumpin' this blog, with four short health updates, one question, and one motivational link.

Short health updates:
    1. For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been eating out a LOT, because I've had so many people visiting me. First a friend from college, then my mom, then my best friend from high school. The week when my mom and my best friend were visiting, I had Chinese food leftovers for lunch for like 5 days in a row. Only had time to go for a run twice, and both times it was super short, but I went for a LOT of very long walks, so I wasn't totally inactive.
    2. Next week I have a conference at work where almost all my meals will be provided for 4 days straight. So who knows how that will turn out.
    3. @Showbread I finally have an update for you on the Yoga Studio app: it's awesome! I absolutely love it.
    4. Been having some GI issues that started on Thursday after a large meal consisting of bison-veggie hash and a very large milkshake. Those issues have not gone away, though they've gotten a lot better. If they don't go away by the end of the week, I'm going to preliminarily attribute blame to the milkshake, and I'll cut all lactose out of my diet for a little while to see if it makes a difference. If it does, then I guess I'm lactose intolerant, and will change my diet accordingly. Otherwise, who knows?

Question: How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you have visitors or are on vacation -- especially if your visitors are either not athletic, or don't like the forms of exercise that you like?

Motivational link: 13 Motivational Hacks From People Who Lost Weight And Kept It Off

(I'm not really trying to lose weight, but it's super helpful anyway)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Another food update: I signed up for a CSA! So my food projects from now on will be based on figuring out how to use the produce I get each week. I love that sort of thing, so I'm obviously psyched.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Goodness- that link is amazing!!!
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Goodness- that link is amazing!!!
    BuzzFeed can be pretty great for this sort of thing. I've been impressed recently. Not so impressed with their "clean eating challenge", but nobody's perfect.

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

My food and exercise goals are pretty much on hold for the moment as I'm traveling. I tend to have a decent relationship with food at home, especially if I'm cooking for myself. It's fuel that can be healthy AND delicious. But when I'm eating out all the time it kind of feels like the enemy. I know the food will be richer, and the portions will be bigger. Especially in the UK where salads and light meals are scarce. Usually when I eat out I take home a decent amount of leftovers, but that's not practical when traveling. I'm walking a lot though, so there is that.

Definitely not liking the way I look in pictures though. :\ And one of my favorite pairs of capris is fitting a bit too tightly for my liking. When I get back home I'm planning to set some new goals, seeing as some of the ones from during the school year no longer really apply.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    My food and exercise goals are pretty much on hold for the moment as I'm traveling. I tend to have a decent relationship with food at home, especially if I'm cooking for myself. It's fuel that can be healthy AND delicious. But when I'm eating out all the time it kind of feels like the enemy. I know the food will be richer, and the portions will be bigger. Especially in the UK where salads and light meals are scarce. Usually when I eat out I take home a decent amount of leftovers, but that's not practical when traveling. I'm walking a lot though, so there is that.
    Do you and your mom have shared exercise interests, e.g. yoga? I'm wondering if maybe you guys could make time for something small in the mornings or the evenings, exercise-wise. If not, totally fine, since if your trip is anything like mine was a few years back, you're doing a TON of walking.

Also re: portion size, what my mom and I always do when we travel is share our entrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Definitely not liking the way I look in pictures though. :\ And one of my favorite pairs of capris is fitting a bit too tightly for my liking. When I get back home I'm planning to set some new goals, seeing as some of the ones from during the school year no longer really apply.
    For the record, I think you look great in your pictures!

Why do your old goals no longer apply?