User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    But, what's fun about beef smoothies?
    Just the sheer absurdity of it. Certainly not the taste. I guess the brick is for fiber.

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Roommate's leaving the country for 2 weeks and leaving all her groceries behind -- including a HUGE bag of fresh arugula. Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

Roasted Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad | my kitchen addiction

Other roommate just told me I can use some of her quinoa -- meaning all I'll have to buy for this recipe will be the squash and the chopped nuts (I will use pecans, because pecans > walnuts).

Didn't get to the gym this week. Tried like three times. I'm not sure how to get around the fact that when I get home from work, I'm hungry, and I don't want to leave home after I eat dinner. Maybe I'll have to start getting to sleep at like 10pm each night so I'll be awake enough to go to the gym before 6.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Roommate's leaving the country for 2 weeks and leaving all her groceries behind -- including a HUGE bag of fresh arugula. Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

Other roommate just told me I can use some of her quinoa -- meaning all I'll have to buy for this recipe will be the squash and the chopped nuts (I will use pecans, because pecans > walnuts).

Didn't get to the gym this week. Tried like three times. I'm not sure how to get around the fact that when I get home from work, I'm hungry, and I don't want to leave home after I eat dinner. Maybe I'll have to start getting to sleep at like 10pm each night so I'll be awake enough to go to the gym before 6.
    I love Arugula! Especially baby or micro.

I have the same problem, I never want to work out after I drink, no matter now little the amount, but I'm not a morning person. I went early today, and I liked it a lot, I want to make it a habit.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

(I will use pecans, because pecans > walnuts).
    But walnuts have more Omega - 3.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm sure Jezza would be happy to build you a Corvette blender for making beef smoothies.
    you know how gravy turns to jello once it's cold? I really think we could get rich if we marketed it as meat jello I'd eat it. I love eat gelantionous meat juices
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Maybe bring a pre-workout snack to tide you till dinner? Like an apple and peanut butter?

I successfully got the gym before yoga yesterday. Did about 25 minutes on the eliptical before 45 minutes of yoga. I was sure I would be sore because we did a LOT of lunging, one legged balance poses. But, I'm really not. I find this both exciting and annoying. Exciting because it means I have moderately well developed leg muscles. But, annoying because it means I have to work harder to improve.

Another victory, I made and ate Thai chicken salad before my study session where free pizza was offered. Success.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

After a weekend of way too much sugar, I am actually making a meal plan for this week! Which sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is considering I only intend to actually cook twice, maybe a third time if I feel ambitious.

Monday I will make crock pot vegetable lasagna. I'm planning to use cottage cheese instead of ricotta (less fat, more protein) and add zucchini. At some point later in the week, probably Thursday, when I get tired of eating lasagna I'll make a batch of taco meat to make into burritos, tacos, or eat with brown rice and veggies.

I have "points," or prepaid meals that I use to buy lunches on campus, so that's always taken care of. Usually I get salad, pita with hummus and veggies, or lunch meat sandwiches. Or, some combination of the three. Occasionally I'll bring leftovers. It's a good system and has worked really well for me so far.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Splurged a lot on food this weekend, but kept portion sizes down, and also worked out! Went running one day, and did the New York Times seven-minute workout one day. Was mildly dissatisfied -- finished it feeling like I'd worked out my arms and core but not my legs. Will probably double the time on the leg workouts next time I do it.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym after work, and taking @Showbread's advice re: filling snacks (hummus and carrots).

Regarding this week's food:

Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

^ Made that today and I think it's going to be good!

Made this for breakfasts:
    feasting at home: Skillet Baked Steel Cut Oats w/ Maple Glazed Apples
    (Verdict: yummy, despite my usual dislike of oatmeal. I definitely want to make it again next week.)

Made this for dinners:
    spaghetti squash noodle bowl + lime peanut sauce � The First Mess // healthy vegan recipes for every season
    (Verdict: pretty good, but too lime-y IMO -- would not make again, but would definitely try something similar. Great dish for keeping serving size down, too. Was initially dissatisfied with my small bowl of food but ended up getting SUPER full.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym after work, and taking @Showbread's advice re: filling snacks (hummus and carrots).
    Trader Joe's has AMAZING hummus. They have an eggplant one and a spicy one that are both excellent.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I thought of you guys today. I make these mini frittatas all the time (they reheat great too) and I thought you could use the idea. They are high protein and you could customize them with any ingredients you have on hand.

Start with this..

8 large eggs (or equivalent substitute)
    1/4 cup whole milk (any milk or milk substitute will be fine)
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt

This recipe will make 12 muffin tins worth or 24 small minis. Grease really well or use silicone muffin liners. You could even bake this in a pan and cut into pieces.

I like to add cooked crumbled bacon, fresh spinach leaves or big amounts of flat parsley and other chopped herbs. Cooked meat or faux sausage/ham/bacon, seeded diced tomato, whatever. Top with cheese - feta is great with spinach, cheddar is good with bacon and so on. Fill up and bake about 25 minutes at 350 (177C if you need that conversion).

One of these between a whole wheat English muffin or toast makes a good, fast breakfast and taste good at room temperature too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Showbread, EJCC liked this post