User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well, shit. My lower left leg is swollen. Not a lot, but enough for my skin to feel tight, and tender to the touch. Might also be bruising.

If this keeps up tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor. Either way, no running tomorrow, just to be safe.

Edit: And now I'm doing what you're not supposed to do and looking up symptoms... ugh. Gotta stop doing that. It can wait until tomorrow.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, shit. My lower left leg is swollen. Not a lot, but enough for my skin to feel tight, and tender to the touch. Might also be bruising.

If this keeps up tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor. Either way, no running tomorrow, just to be safe.

Edit: And now I'm doing what you're not supposed to do and looking up symptoms... ugh. Gotta stop doing that. It can wait until tomorrow.
    What did doctor say?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    What did doctor say?
    Didn't end up going to the doctor. I may have been imagining the whole thing? I am still not 100% sure. My leg is probably bruised up from my bike ride this past weekend, and I could just have been confusing random soreness, plus more muscle tone than I have ever had in my calves, for swelling. Who knows.

Yoga went excellently today, so that's hopeful! Keeping my fingers crossed for a run either on Saturday or Monday.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Didn't end up going to the doctor. I may have been imagining the whole thing? I am still not 100% sure. My leg is probably bruised up from my bike ride this past weekend, and I could just have been confusing random soreness, plus more muscle tone than I have ever had in my calves, for swelling. Who knows.

Yoga went excellently today, so that's hopeful! Keeping my fingers crossed for a run either on Saturday or Monday.
    Good! I really need to get a bike... So many hills near my apartment though.

Since I'm only going to have about 2 weeks before I head back to CA/Europe 5 weeks I won't really be getting into much of an exercise/cooking routine. I just made some Peanut Sesame Slaw and chicken to have around while I unpack. I also need to figure out something creative for lunches. I generally work 10-3, so I only get a 10 minute break. Yesterday my lunch consisted of an orange, a Lara bar, and frozen yogurt. Which is not horrible, but not great either. The yogurt is free, so it's probably not going anywhere. I just need to do more fruit, plain mochi, and nut toppings instead of candy. Have I mentioned I have an insane sweet tooth?

My lower back has been really tight/sore the last few weeks. I slacked off on the physical therapy exercises, and I've been stressed. In terms of exercise, I need to find a place to do yoga and rock climb around here that aren't obscenely expensive. My apartment complex has a fitness center, but it's currently under construction. When that opens up I'll use it for treadmill, elliptical, free weights, etc.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

1) A side note on those banana muffins I made earlier in the week: The recipe said they keep for a week, but it only took five days for the remaining muffins in the batch to get moldy.

2)
    Yeah, I think I was confusing intense leg bruising for soreness, and increased muscle tone for swelling. We will not speak of this again.

3)
    Next yoga class will be Sunday. I am SO SORE from yesterday's class, and will be walking all day Saturday, so running and alternate exercise are not guaranteed. Which I guess is fine. I don't know why I've started getting so impatient about working out...

4) Making this, this weekend, on recommendation from my parents*:

Half Baked Harvest - One-Pan Spring Tuscan Quinoa Bake

Anticipated modifications:
    - Regular pesto instead of sundried tomato pesto
    - Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio instead of pecorino romano (since I already have a big ol' bag of it)
    - No dill, unless it's cheap
    - No toppings
    - Probably no pepperoni or pepperoncini, though I'm debating that still -- it's kind of a spendy recipe even though I already have the quinoa and the olives, and I'm wanting to keep the cost down

*or rather, after I found the recipe on Pinterest and recommended it to my parents, who wanted quinoa recipes -- then they made it, and recommended that I make it too, since I had just sent it without making it first

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

FINALLY made this Quinoa Enchilada Casserole. Verdict: super yummy! I LOVE enchiladas, so I'm not surprised I liked it so much. It should freeze well too.

Things I changed:
    - Medium sauce instead of mild
    - No chili powder
    - Blended Mexican cheese instead to two different kinds

I found a great new running area! There's a great (flat!) road with side walks and lots of trees right by my apartment. So, that's promising. Still need to workout yoga though. So expensive!
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ omg @Showbread I love that we both made quinoa bakes completely separately from one another. I didn't even process that until now.

My quinoa bake turned out really well! Only complaints:
    - Should have added less cheese to the top because it kept the peppers from really roasting instead of just cooking all the way through
    - 1/3 cup oil + enough to drizzle the top of the baking pan was WAY too much oil IMO
    - Should have added more things with oomph: pepperoncinis would have been good (per the recipe), or I probably could have doubled the amount of both olives and artichokes and still had it be good

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

^ omg @Showbread I love that we both made quinoa bakes completely separately from one another. I didn't even process that until now.
    Haha! that is funny, especially given that neither of us is particularly partial to quinoa. Even though we both made quinoa bakes, they're pretty much as different as possible in terms of flavor profiles. I can just never get enough Mexican food apparently.

My quinoa bake turned out really well! Only complaints:
    - Should have added less cheese to the top because it kept the peppers from really roasting instead of just cooking all the way through
    - 1/3 cup oil + enough to drizzle the top of the baking pan was WAY too much oil IMO
    - Should have added more things with oomph: pepperoncinis would have been good (per the recipe), or I probably could have doubled the amount of both olives and artichokes and still had it be good
    That is SO much oil! Especially with the cheese. I wonder why?
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Haha! that is funny, especially given that neither of us is particularly partial to quinoa. Even though we both made quinoa bakes, they're pretty much as different as possible in terms of flavor profiles. I can just never get enough Mexican food apparently.
    I still don't love quinoa, but I think it's been growing me. I like it better when it isn't acting as a depressing substitute for something.

Yeah I noticed that too. You can take the girl out of California...

That is SO much oil! Especially with the cheese. I wonder why?
    Maybe they were really really worried about it burning? Who knows.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I still don't love quinoa, but I think it's been growing me. I like it better when it isn't acting as a depressing substitute for something.

Yeah I noticed that too. You can take the girl out of California...
    Yeah. I don't like it in place of rice or something with more yummy starch. But it's pretty good in bakes.

Seriously. It's a little ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I buy cilantro and onions more than any other ingredients.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*