User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have the original bodyweight workout that came in a bundle of fitness PDFs from some of the folks that run the Eating the Food Facebook group. (I think she used to be a moderator there, if not, she's friends with many of them and they "approve" of her stuff e.g. it's not disordered and it's scientifically sound.) I've never done the bodyweight stuff, though. I use her Beautiful Badass weight program in the gym sometimes.

These smoothies are fantastic! Just thought I'd post them here. 18 Healthy Vegan Smoothies | Healthful Pursuit

Making this salad soon. I'll let you guys how it turns out. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad - Creme De La Crumb

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    These smoothies are fantastic! Just thought I'd post them here. 18 Healthy Vegan Smoothies | Healthful Pursuit
    Thanks for the link! I'll check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    Making this salad soon. I'll let you guys how it turns out. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad - Creme De La Crumb
    Ooh that looks really good. Nice recipe to set aside for fall -- would be great as a side dish to go with a meat something-or-another. Pork chops maybe?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes DreamBeliever liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Thanks for the link! I'll check 'em out.

Ooh that looks really good. Nice recipe to set aside for fall -- would be great as a side dish to go with a meat something-or-another. Pork chops maybe?
    Right? Definitely! That sounds like a good combo.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Showbread I forget if you made these a bit ago? Maybe I stole them from your Pinterest board? Anyway I just made these muffins:

. banana oat greek yogurt muffins . - . running with spoons .

and they're really really good. Will be noshing on them for breakfast this week!

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's been a great weekend for exercise. Saturday I went for a 3.5-ish mile run, and today I got my bike out for the first time since I got it tuned up and bought a new seat for it in November! Rode about 4 miles round trip. Would have gone a lot longer except for how incredibly freaking hilly the trails in my neighborhood are. They're not so bad to run on, but I got really tired really quickly when I tried to bike on them.

Also, my butt is SO SORE lol. Hopefully that won't be as much of a problem as I ride my bike more and more this spring/summer and I get used to the seat.

Planning on going for another run tomorrow. Still not sure when yoga will be happening. Would go on Tuesday but I don't know whether beginner yoga is the sort of thing that makes you sweaty enough to need a shower, and I'd be heading straight from work to yoga to choir. :/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

It's been a great weekend for exercise. Saturday I went for a 3.5-ish mile run, and today I got my bike out for the first time since I got it tuned up and bought a new seat for it in November!

My best friend is a Selle Anatomica fan, although he's usually more low-key about it due to being an ISTJ. I don't really know how many bikes he has, and I don't think he does either. At any rate, he just bought another Cervelo and is getting rid of the Roubaix.

Rode about 4 miles round trip. Would have gone a lot longer except for how incredibly freaking hilly the trails in my neighborhood are. They're not so bad to run on, but I got really tired really quickly when I tried to bike on them.
    I did 17.5 yesterday. The wind really sucked.

Also, my butt is SO SORE lol. Hopefully that won't be as much of a problem as I ride my bike more and more this spring/summer and I get used to the seat.
    I know what that's like. Right now my main problem is saddle sores.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Planning on going for another run tomorrow. Still not sure when yoga will be happening. Would go on Tuesday but I don't know whether beginner yoga is the sort of thing that makes you sweaty enough to need a shower, and I'd be heading straight from work to yoga to choir. :/
    You should be fine. I go places after yoga all the time.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    You should be fine. I go places after yoga all the time.
    Excellent!

With that advice in mind, I have just booked my two yoga classes -- one today after work, one Sunday late afternoon -- and made plans to go to a $5 walk-in class Thursday morning. Didn't get a chance to go running yesterday, but hoping to go tomorrow after happy hour.

As for food updates:
    This salad: Balsamic Chicken Salad with Lemon Quinoa (I decided I'd try out the quinoa thing in a context where I wouldn't want noodles or rice -- we'll see if I like it as much as my dad does)
    ^ I really, really like this salad. The chicken turned out amazing -- used a balsamic glaze instead of balsamic vinegar, but that made the chicken so juicy and wonderful. Would make again, with less expensive toppings.

Also I really like this soup and will make ALL THE TIME from now on: The Cold Cure - Ginger Curry Egg Drop Soup