User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I mostly just like not having to cook more than twice a week. Usually I cycle out two sets of lunches and dinners during the week (cooked in bulk on one or two different days), plus eating out (out of necessity) on Tuesday evenings and maybe 1-2 other times during the week, spontaneously.

After what Ivy and Showbread have been saying, and after reading the articles I read, I figure I'm pretty much fine and can keep doing what I'm doing -- as long as I make sure that each of my meals is nutritious in a way that balances out the rest of the day's/week's meals.
    Oh yeah you should be fine. The snap article was eating the exact same things a week straight... That's just too much and not enough at once. A couple days in a row never hurt anyone though.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

In an attempt to get rid of some of the food lurking in my cabinets I will be making Quinoa Enchilada Casserole. I have some enchilada sauce and black beans in my cabinet, this seems like a good way to use it up! I might add a bit of shredded chicken, because I also have some chicken breasts in the freezer. I'll probably also use less cheese than is called for, both calories and the fact that I haven't been doing well with dairy lately (probably from stress). I'm not cutting it out completely, but being more selective. Ice cream is totally worth a little bloating. Cheese, not so much.
    Last edited by Showbread; 04-24-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

SO psyched about my food plans. (Just decided on them now, scouring my Pinterest board for things to buy at the grocery during my lunch break today.)

1) Coconut Curried Lentils - Foodess.com (using brown jasmine rice)

2) Moroccan Shepherd's Pie With Sweet Potato (most likely with either turkey or lean beef)

Especially excited about the shepherd's pie! I've been admiring that recipe for at least a month, waiting for the right moment.

I'm assuming that both of these will be freezer-safe. The plan -- as I am learning from my mistakes! -- is to immediately freeze half of both recipes as soon as I'm done cooking them. This will allow for eating out tomorrow (friend's engagement party), potentially Sunday (if church in the evening goes well and I meet interesting people), and Tuesday (during that awkward period in between work and choir that's just long enough for a relaxed dinner out, and not long enough to go home and back out again).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    In an attempt to get rid of some of the food lurking in my cabinets I will be making Quinoa Avocado Casserole. I have some enchilada sauce and black beans in my cabinet, this seems like a good way to use it up! I might add a bit of shredded chicken, because I also have some chicken breasts in the freezer. I'll probably also use less cheese than is called for, both calories and the fact that I haven't been doing well with dairy lately (probably from stress). I'm not cutting it out completely, but being more selective. Ice cream is totally worth a little bloating. Cheese, not so much.
    Let me know if this ends up being good! I'm considering either buying some quinoa or some kind of lighter mixed rice/grain thing (like the one from Trader Joe's that @gromit recommended to me a bit ago), and working that more into my diet. I'm starting to notice carb-induced drowsiness more often, and my dad, who has type 2 diabetes and is experimenting with healthier eating just like we are, strongly endorses the lighter and nuttier taste that quinoa can bring to otherwise heavy food.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Likes gromit liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Really lagging in the exercise department this week. I have just been perpetually exhausted, no matter how much I sleep. I think my semester long sleep debt is finally catching up to me. Stress is also contributing I'm sure, I've had a tension headache for like 3 days now.

I think I also just need more sleep than most people for some reason. Most people run pretty well on 7-9, I really need like 9-11 to feel truly rested. Over the summer if I go to bed when I'm tired and then just let myself wake up naturally I sleep from 10:30-11 to 9ish.

Planning to make the quinoa enchilada bake tomorrow, will post results.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I think I also just need more sleep than most people for some reason. Most people run pretty well on 7-9, I really need like 9-11 to feel truly rested. Over the summer if I go to bed when I'm tired and then just let myself wake up naturally I sleep from 10:30-11 to 9ish.
    I am the same way.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

In an attempt to get rid of some of the food lurking in my cabinets I will be making Quinoa Enchilada Casserole. I have some enchilada sauce and black beans in my cabinet, this seems like a good way to use it up! I might add a bit of shredded chicken, because I also have some chicken breasts in the freezer. I'll probably also use less cheese than is called for, both calories and the fact that I haven't been doing well with dairy lately (probably from stress). I'm not cutting it out completely, but being more selective. Ice cream is totally worth a little bloating. Cheese, not so much.
    That post reminded me of the following classic line from Dave Barry:

Remember when you were in junior high school and sometimes the cafeteria workers would open up a large Army-surplus food can left over from the Spanish-American War and serve you a scary-looking dish with a name like

``Tuna Bean Prune Cabbage Omelet Casserole Surprise``?

Source: Chicago Tribune
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Food Update:

Note to self: Whenever you go to a Farmers Market, go with a budget and a shopping list. I impulse bought so freaking much stuff -- that plus going to Whole Foods to supplement what wasn't available at the farmers market meant that I spent significantly more on groceries than I'd intended to.

(Whatever. It was worth it.)

Anyway, my food plan for next week involves
    1) a variety of noodle soups, since I also impulse bought a bunch of stuff on Tuesday from a Japanese grocery near my office(!!);
    2) leftovers in the freezer
    3) overnight oats (since I'm almost out of pancakes)
    4) This salad: Balsamic Chicken Salad with Lemon Quinoa (I decided I'd try out the quinoa thing in a context where I wouldn't want noodles or rice -- we'll see if I like it as much as my dad does)

Exercise Update:

Went for a really good 2.5 mile run with my INTP roommate yesterday. We talked the entire time, and kept a steady pace, except for stopping at stop lights. It was fun enough that we have a vague pseudo-plan to do it more often. (When she's in town, anyway. She has several trips planned for this month.)

Planning on canceling my gym membership in the next few days. I haven't gone to the gym in months, but have been paying the monthly fees anyway. Would make more sense to try something new. For example:

1) there's a discount store conveniently near me that sells super cheap weights up to 5 lbs (along with Claire's-type tchotchkes)
    2) there's a yoga studio maybe 20 minutes walk from my work, that my aforementioned INTP roommate really likes, where each drop-in class costs about $12, and a beginner's 1-week starter membership costs $11 -- so if that works, I could go once a week and supplement with
    3) workout/yoga videos on youtube, and bodyweight/light-weight exercises in various corners of the internet (e.g. Greatist)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interesting. Which option did you choose to buy?