User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Day two of the challenge -- went for a run instead of doing squats, because it's so nice out today. And it was a GREAT run. 2.5 miles, mostly jogging, but with two 20-second sprints in there, followed by 20-30-second walks. Definitely going to be too sore for leg exercises tomorrow.

I don't know if I love running, but I ADORE how I feel after an intense run. My chest and lungs feel open, my entire body is relaxed, and I feel completely rejuvenated.

Side note: Those artichoke-spinach chicken breasts are really, really good. And really healthy too! Will definitely make again. Though next time I need to figure out a better way to use the leftover artichokes.
    Sounds like we're in about the same place with running then. I definitely don't hate it anymore, but I'm still not totally sold. Especially my lungs.

So glad you loved the chicken! I froze some of the leftovers while I was at my parents house and flew them home with me. They are currently back in the freezer, will probably pull them out next week. I might add some kalamata olives to the filling next time.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

1) This looks really good:

Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie - Pinch of Yum

Filing it away for later!

2) I'm thinking of baking some bread this weekend... something nutty-crunchy and whole grain. (There was this AMAZING whole grain bread from a local bakery in my hometown that I miss terribly, and I need a replacement ASAP.) I already have flaxseeds and wheat flour, and I think I could steal a packet or two of yeast from my roommate. But besides that I dunno what I'd need.

3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I've actually made this before! It's been probably 4 years though. It was really yummy! I've been thinking about making it again!
    Maybe we should do that next week

That, or something from another of those BuzzFeed lists:

21 Delicious Ways To Eat Asparagus (I forget if you like asparagus or not, but it is in season and very cheap!)
    23 Delicious Ways To Eat Chicken Tenders (Not sure how many of these are healthy, but I have so freaking many chicken tenders in my freezer!)
    23 Mac 'n' Cheese Recipes That Might Save Your Life (not many of these are healthy, but whatever)
    7 Fresh And Healthy Dinners That Are Perfect For Spring (I liked the looks of the chili/carrots, and the stuffed tomatoes)

Sounds like we're in about the same place with running then. I definitely don't hate it anymore, but I'm still not totally sold. Especially my lungs.
    Hm. Do you have lung issues? Am I imagining that?

I'm VERY close to a point where I can trust myself to breathe correctly without focusing on it but yeah, I'm still working towards increasing my capacity for intense aerobic exercise. Keeping my heart rate up for longer.

So glad you loved the chicken! I froze some of the leftovers while I was at my parents house and flew them home with me. They are currently back in the freezer, will probably pull them out next week. I might add some kalamata olives to the filling next time.
    Mmm. Olives and feta for the win.

Yes, I have some in the freezer as well though it turns out I had to use all the spinach I had in the fridge AND freezer to make them, so I have no side salad. Might have to make a supplementary grocery trip at some point late this week.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Maybe we should do that next week

That, or something from another of those BuzzFeed lists:

21 Delicious Ways To Eat Asparagus (I forget if you like asparagus or not, but it is in season and very cheap!)
    23 Delicious Ways To Eat Chicken Tenders (Not sure how many of these are healthy, but I have so freaking many chicken tenders in my freezer!)
    23 Mac 'n' Cheese Recipes That Might Save Your Life (not many of these are healthy, but whatever)
    7 Fresh And Healthy Dinners That Are Perfect For Spring (I liked the looks of the chili/carrots, and the stuffed tomatoes)
    Ooh, I'll browse those. I'll probably be cooking twice this weekend. Once for normal dinner, once for Easter foods.

Hm. Do you have lung issues? Am I imagining that?
    Yeah, I have exercise induced asthma. When I was little it was just normal asthma and I had to use inhalers all the time. I don't get the normal burning sensation in my lungs, they get really tight and push the air out too soon. I'd assume that means I'm not getting enough oxygen to my muscles either.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Just mapped it out and my new apartment is 10 minutes from Trader Joe's, 5 minutes from H-Mart, and 15 minutes from Costco. To say I am excited about this is a massive understatement.

As of right now it takes me 30-45 minutes to get all of those places. I am SO excited for grocery shopping.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ

Hi.

First time I've entered this thread and haven't had the time to read through it, but to jump straight to it:

Are you guys doing meal planning? It would be fun to plan meals together for such a project. It's great for controlling what you eat in order to ensure what you're consuming is consistent and fits into your exercise/health plan.
    I'll feel like a doofus if you two already do this, but I hope you do! : D

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Codex

Showbread and I are actually doing a thing where we make the same dish in bulk once a week and compare notes. Once it was burrito bowls (great), once a salad (pretty good but needed modifications, and I didn't love the dressing), and once it was stuffed chicken breasts (EXCELLENT). We don't have a plan for next week though.

Outside of that, I hyper-plan and hyper-budget my meals. Probably to a fault.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Likes Showbread, Codex liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

That is really good to hear. I have been getting into meal planning my self, and just think it is really wonderful.
    What sources are you using to plan and prep? recipes? etc

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    That is really good to hear. I have been getting into meal planning my self, and just think it is really wonderful.
    What sources are you using to plan and prep? recipes? etc
    We're both subscribed to BuzzFeed Food. We're also both Pinterest addicts.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

My diet:
    Morning: Too much cereal
    Afternoon: Too much cereal
    Evening: Whatever my parents cook. usually meat, noodles, vegetables, etc.
    Night: Too much cereal
    In between: Too much cereal, chips, chocolate stuff, cookies, pudding, nutella sandwiches
    Occasionally: Pizza, "Döner", Sushi, normal amout of cereal.

Yeah... not exactly healthy... What do you think?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    My diet:
    Morning: Too much cereal
    Afternoon: Too much cereal
    Evening: Whatever my parents cook. usually meat, noodles, vegetables, etc.
    Night: Too much cereal
    In between: Too much cereal, chips, chocolate stuff, cookies, pudding, nutella sandwiches
    Occasionally: Pizza, "Döner", Sushi, normal amout of cereal.

Yeah... not exactly healthy... What do you think?
    Yep. Not exactly healthy.

Likes Hard liked this post