User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 379

  1. #211
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/4939.html" target="_blank">kyuuei</a> Good points. I like the idea of having alternating days -- and of trading out exercises as they get easier. (e.g. moving up to regular push ups from modified, doing something more challenging instead of a million squats). The problem is that I don't know how I'd chart that out. The general idea of those challenges appeals to me because it's a highly specific and number-focused plan that someone already made for me -- and I'm new enough to the fitness game that I don't think I could make a similar plan for myself without help.

    p.s. The heck is a curtsy squat? Lol
    Yeah, so I just sort of play with it when I do stuff like that. Just like I don't always do everything on work out DVDs 100%, I just play around with something new. I don't have a hard-and-fast rule, it's just what my body feels like. Maybe my legs are super sore, so I do pulse squats for 10 of them (which are intense, but are easier on the joints since you're isolating the contraction.) or something. Or maybe I do wall-chair-thingies until I can't take it anymore and just count it as 10. the thing is, if you're doing 70-100 reps of anything every day you are going to work up your legs pretty well. So if you just youtube a new move everyday, you'll enjoy it more and your whole leg gets the work out. So you could even do 2 days of squats, 2 days of a different kind of squats, etc. until you've exhausted all the ones you can possibly google.

    Case in point: The Curtsy Squat. Forgive the first 15 seconds.

    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  2. #212
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

    Case in point: The Curtsy Squat. Forgive the first 15 seconds.

    I used to be able to do a TON of squats. We did these things called squat pyramids where we had to do 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10. It was brutal.

    The curtsy squat looks interesting. I might give it a try next time I'm doing body weight exercises.

    On the food front I made this Greek Salad to go with some kebabs last night and I was a huge hit! The changes I made: added an extra clove of garlic, added salt and pepper to dressing. When I make again I will probably all some lemon juice to the dressing as well. I tend to like my vinaigrettes bitter.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

    Likes EJCC liked this post

  3. #213
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah, so I just sort of play with it when I do stuff like that. Just like I don't always do everything on work out DVDs 100%, I just play around with something new. I don't have a hard-and-fast rule, it's just what my body feels like. Maybe my legs are super sore, so I do pulse squats for 10 of them (which are intense, but are easier on the joints since you're isolating the contraction.) or something. Or maybe I do wall-chair-thingies until I can't take it anymore and just count it as 10. the thing is, if you're doing 70-100 reps of anything every day you are going to work up your legs pretty well. So if you just youtube a new move everyday, you'll enjoy it more and your whole leg gets the work out. So you could even do 2 days of squats, 2 days of a different kind of squats, etc. until you've exhausted all the ones you can possibly google.
    That's a really good idea. I'm going to have to start doing that -- finding workouts and replacing the moves with different things. I've already got some ideas for this one!

    Plank alternatives: 47 Crazy-Fun Plank Variations for a Killer Core | Greatist
    (especially side planks -- I SUCK at those)

    Crunch alternatives: 45 Must-Try Abs Exercises for a Strong Core | Greatist

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I used to be able to do a TON of squats. We did these things called squat pyramids where we had to do 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10. It was brutal.
    Jesus. Who's "we"? Who made you do that??

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    On the food front I made this Greek Salad to go with some kebabs last night and I was a huge hit! The changes I made: added an extra clove of garlic, added salt and pepper to dressing. When I make again I will probably all some lemon juice to the dressing as well. I tend to like my vinaigrettes bitter.
    Ooh that looks like it would go really well with kebabs. Or even better, stuffed into a pita pocket with falafel. Mmmm.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #214
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post


    Jesus. Who's "we"? Who made you do that??


    Ooh that looks like it would go really well with kebabs. Or even better, stuffed into a pita pocket with falafel. Mmmm.
    We had to take 4 years of Physical Education at my high school and I chose Strength and Conditioning over regular PE for 3 years. I hated the sports in regular PE, so I opted for sprints and weight lifting instead. I did all kind of horrible things like that. We sprinted ladders that were 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20 yards. I have no idea what I was thinking. It was awful.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  5. #215
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    We had to take 4 years of Physical Education at my high school and I chose Strength and Conditioning over regular PE for 3 years. I hated the sports in regular PE, so I opted for sprints and weight lifting instead. I did all kind of horrible things like that. We sprinted ladders that were 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20 yards. I have no idea what I was thinking. It was awful.
    That sounds horrendous, and yet somehow less horrendous than sports would have been. Balanced out by the fact that you had to do 4 years(!!)-- thank God I only had to do 2!

    To this day, I think I would have liked PE if I hadn't been surrounded by athletes and jerks the entire time. I was very interested in taking weight training, but never took it because I was worried that I would be surrounded by macho jerks who
    1) would judge me for my lack of upper body strength, and/or
    2) would troll me constantly like the redneck guys in my freshman art class

    Makes sense that I've only started enjoying physical activity when I had the opportunity to engage in it in a totally non-group-oriented way!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #216
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    May I recommend a recipe to y'all to try?! I am going to make another one for Easter, and I used the brand recommended for tofu so I have no idea if other tofu works with it, but it is kid friendly and suuuuuper easy to make and it tasted so rich that I only needed one slice a day.... And I love pie. And I want to know if I'm crazy for thinking this is good, or if others agree.

    The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie I didn't use any sweeteners, I just used the chocolate.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Showbread liked this post

  7. #217
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    May I recommend a recipe to y'all to try?!
    YES PLZ!

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I am going to make another one for Easter, and I used the brand recommended for tofu so I have no idea if other tofu works with it, but it is kid friendly and suuuuuper easy to make and it tasted so rich that I only needed one slice a day.... And I love pie. And I want to know if I'm crazy for thinking this is good, or if others agree.

    The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie I didn't use any sweeteners, I just used the chocolate.
    Dude @Showbread we should definitely try this. I am so intrigued by the idea of putting tofu in a pie.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #218
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    YES PLZ!


    Dude @Showbread we should definitely try this. I am so intrigued by the idea of putting tofu in a pie.
    I've actually made this before! It's been probably 4 years though. It was really yummy! I've been thinking about making it again!
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  9. #219
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Day two of the challenge -- went for a run instead of doing squats, because it's so nice out today. And it was a GREAT run. 2.5 miles, mostly jogging, but with two 20-second sprints in there, followed by 20-30-second walks. Definitely going to be too sore for leg exercises tomorrow.

    I don't know if I love running, but I ADORE how I feel after an intense run. My chest and lungs feel open, my entire body is relaxed, and I feel completely rejuvenated.

    Side note: Those artichoke-spinach chicken breasts are really, really good. And really healthy too! Will definitely make again. Though next time I need to figure out a better way to use the leftover artichokes.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #220
    Member Chickennugget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    There's talking TO US about food and exercise, and then there's talking to the entire forum about it, as if this is your blog.

    Think of it like the difference between attending a party, and declaring yourself the co-host of a party after it's already started.
    Ohhhhh. Yeah. I was a bit confused. Sorry about that
    Hey! Take this bomb survey about human happiness. It's pretty open-ended, and it's for a fun project I'm doing because why not?

    Link:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ina...?usp=send_form


    Tumblr: enfpiss

    Go follow me!

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] M and Ms cogntive function exercises
    By Cat Brainz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2016, 06:05 PM
  2. Theory on EJCC and Showbread
    By INTP in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2015, 09:42 AM
  3. [E8] Type 8's and unhealthy conditioning tests/exercises
    By The Great One in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 04:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO