User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Yeah... Probably. I tried this las night and epicly failed. I ended up making a banana and unsweetened almond milk smoothie with a spoonful of PB around 10 pm.
    Sounds healthy to me? Caloric, maybe, but definitely healthy.

I think what I do is either vinyasa or hatha. It's pretty basic. Lots of sun salutations, warrior sequences, various core work, etc. Anything you do at a gym will probably be something along those lines unless you take an advanced class.
    Excellent -- there aren't any difficulty levels at my gym, as far as I can tell, so I'm hoping they're pretty beginner-accessible.

I've actually been trying to cut down on protein... I used to eat it a lot, kind of a South Beach diet type model. But I've read a lot about plant based diets being healthier. But, I usually eat some meat once a day. I eat semi-vegetarian a lot though simply for convenience/cost. But, even if I'm not doing meat I usually at least have nuts, cheese, and eggs. I definitely get enough fat in my diet.
    Before I started fixing up my diet, most of my protein was probably from eggs and dairy. At some point I'm going to try and add in one serving of meat per day, or every other day. Not trying to do a "high-protein diet" or anything -- just up the proportion of protein relative to everything else. Especially relative to grains. A good example would be if I'm making pasta, to have some meat in it or with it, and a big serving of vegetables on the side (in addition to the vegetables already in the pasta). So the pasta fills up half the plate, or less.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sounds healthy to me? Caloric, maybe, but definitely healthy.
    Yeah. Not too caloric, I think I've added it up and gotten about 250 calories. Which is definitely less than if I had eaten a comparable portion of cookie dough ice cream (what I actually wanted). The almond milk I use is only like 35 calories for a full cup.

Excellent -- there aren't any difficulty levels at my gym, as far as I can tell, so I'm hoping they're pretty beginner-accessible.
    Awesome! It might still feel really difficult at first if you aren't a regular exerciser. I was working out pretty regularly when I first started and I thought I was going to die after my first time. I had sore muscles I didn't know I had. Now I love it though.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Before I started fixing up my diet, most of my protein was probably from eggs and dairy. At some point I'm going to try and add in one serving of meat per day, or every other day. Not trying to do a "high-protein diet" or anything -- just up the proportion of protein relative to everything else. Especially relative to grains. A good example would be if I'm making pasta, to have some meat in it or with it, and a big serving of vegetables on the side (in addition to the vegetables already in the pasta). So the pasta fills up half the plate, or less.
    Interesting. I remember reading that the average citizen of an industrial country is eating too much protein. And I am personally trying to do the opposite meat-wise: cut it out where it is not really necessary (e.g. on a pizza or sandwich, etc) to eventually limit meat consumption to 1-2 dishes a week. Maybe try lentils or other legumes if you want more protein? Also, what is so bad about grains? Assuming they are not just something as empty as white bread or other husked wheat? There are so many different types of grain as well. Whole grain varieties of wheat, rye and whatnot.

Not criticizing, just curious.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Good luck you guys!!

(I've been accumulating some healthy recipes on Tumblr - many of which are vegan/vegetarian - so if I feel like posting some recipes on my blog I'll be sure to let you guys know!)

Also one of my ESFJ besties from high school runs a fitness/ED recovery blog and she posts a lot of good stuff. I can send the link to you guys if you wanna track it!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Interesting. I remember reading that the average citizen of an industrial country is eating too much protein.
    Probably true -- then again, most people in industrialized nations aren't accidental vegetarians like I am (from being too lazy to cook meat, and not enthusiastic enough about legumes to fit them into my meals every day)! The past few times I've calculated it, I've apparently been consuming about 5-10g too little protein every day.

More legumes is a good idea. I did make lentil soup and freeze it a while back... I should thaw it out next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Also, what is so bad about grains? Assuming they are not just something as empty as white bread or other husked wheat? There are so many different types of grain as well. Whole grain varieties of wheat, rye and whatnot.
    Nothing's bad about grain, except that I've been eating too much of it relative to vegetables, fruit, and protein sources like meat and eggs. For example, at about this time last year I was eating granola cereal for breakfast, a sandwich or something similar for lunch, and a bowl of pasta with spinach/tomato sauce for dinner. Not all that balanced, relatively speaking. Needed more of everything BUT grains.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Good luck you guys!!

(I've been accumulating some healthy recipes on Tumblr - many of which are vegan/vegetarian - so if I feel like posting some recipes on my blog I'll be sure to let you guys know!)

Also one of my ESFJ besties from high school runs a fitness/ED recovery blog and she posts a lot of good stuff. I can send the link to you guys if you wanna track it!
    Thanks, and yes plz!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Thanks, and yes plz!!
    curves and fitness!

(the details are usually in the post's permalink)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Probably true -- then again, most people in industrialized nations aren't accidental vegetarians like I am (from being too lazy to cook meat, and not enthusiastic enough about legumes to fit them into my meals every day)! The past few times I've calculated it, I've apparently been consuming about 5-10g too little protein every day.
    I'm sure Jezza would be happy to build you a Corvette blender for making beef smoothies.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm sure Jezza would be happy to build you a Corvette blender for making beef smoothies.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

You're no fun anymore.

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    You're no fun anymore.
    But, what's fun about beef smoothies?
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*