• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EJCC and Showbread's Cooking/Exercise Extravaganza!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Roommate's leaving the country for 2 weeks and leaving all her groceries behind -- including a HUGE bag of fresh arugula. Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

Roasted Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad | my kitchen addiction

Other roommate just told me I can use some of her quinoa -- meaning all I'll have to buy for this recipe will be the squash and the chopped nuts (I will use pecans, because pecans > walnuts).

Didn't get to the gym this week. :( Tried like three times. I'm not sure how to get around the fact that when I get home from work, I'm hungry, and I don't want to leave home after I eat dinner. Maybe I'll have to start getting to sleep at like 10pm each night so I'll be awake enough to go to the gym before 6.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Roommate's leaving the country for 2 weeks and leaving all her groceries behind -- including a HUGE bag of fresh arugula. Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

Other roommate just told me I can use some of her quinoa -- meaning all I'll have to buy for this recipe will be the squash and the chopped nuts (I will use pecans, because pecans > walnuts).

Didn't get to the gym this week. :( Tried like three times. I'm not sure how to get around the fact that when I get home from work, I'm hungry, and I don't want to leave home after I eat dinner. Maybe I'll have to start getting to sleep at like 10pm each night so I'll be awake enough to go to the gym before 6.

I love Arugula! Especially baby or micro.

I have the same problem, I never want to work out after I drink, no matter now little the amount, but I'm not a morning person. I went early today, and I liked it a lot, I want to make it a habit.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm sure Jezza would be happy to build you a Corvette blender for making beef smoothies. :newwink:

you know how gravy turns to jello once it's cold? I really think we could get rich if we marketed it as meat jello I'd eat it. I love eat gelantionous meat juices

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Maybe bring a pre-workout snack to tide you till dinner? Like an apple and peanut butter?

I successfully got the gym before yoga yesterday. Did about 25 minutes on the eliptical before 45 minutes of yoga. I was sure I would be sore because we did a LOT of lunging, one legged balance poses. But, I'm really not. I find this both exciting and annoying. Exciting because it means I have moderately well developed leg muscles. But, annoying because it means I have to work harder to improve.

Another victory, I made and ate Thai chicken salad before my study session where free pizza was offered. Success.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
After a weekend of way too much sugar, I am actually making a meal plan for this week! Which sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is considering I only intend to actually cook twice, maybe a third time if I feel ambitious.

Monday I will make crock pot vegetable lasagna. I'm planning to use cottage cheese instead of ricotta (less fat, more protein) and add zucchini. At some point later in the week, probably Thursday, when I get tired of eating lasagna I'll make a batch of taco meat to make into burritos, tacos, or eat with brown rice and veggies.

I have "points," or prepaid meals that I use to buy lunches on campus, so that's always taken care of. Usually I get salad, pita with hummus and veggies, or lunch meat sandwiches. Or, some combination of the three. Occasionally I'll bring leftovers. It's a good system and has worked really well for me so far.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Splurged a lot on food this weekend, but kept portion sizes down, and also worked out! Went running one day, and did the New York Times seven-minute workout one day. Was mildly dissatisfied -- finished it feeling like I'd worked out my arms and core but not my legs. Will probably double the time on the leg workouts next time I do it.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym after work, and taking [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]'s advice re: filling snacks (hummus and carrots).

Regarding this week's food:

Soooo this is now my lunch plan for next week:

^ Made that today and I think it's going to be good!

Made this for breakfasts:
feasting at home: Skillet Baked Steel Cut Oats w/ Maple Glazed Apples
(Verdict: yummy, despite my usual dislike of oatmeal. I definitely want to make it again next week.)

Made this for dinners:
spaghetti squash noodle bowl + lime peanut sauce � The First Mess // healthy vegan recipes for every season
(Verdict: pretty good, but too lime-y IMO -- would not make again, but would definitely try something similar. Great dish for keeping serving size down, too. Was initially dissatisfied with my small bowl of food but ended up getting SUPER full.)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tomorrow I'm going to the gym after work, and taking [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]'s advice re: filling snacks (hummus and carrots).

Trader Joe's has AMAZING hummus. They have an eggplant one and a spicy one that are both excellent.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I thought of you guys today. I make these mini frittatas all the time (they reheat great too) and I thought you could use the idea. They are high protein and you could customize them with any ingredients you have on hand.

Start with this..

8 large eggs (or equivalent substitute)
1/4 cup whole milk (any milk or milk substitute will be fine)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

This recipe will make 12 muffin tins worth or 24 small minis. Grease really well or use silicone muffin liners. You could even bake this in a pan and cut into pieces.

I like to add cooked crumbled bacon, fresh spinach leaves or big amounts of flat parsley and other chopped herbs. Cooked meat or faux sausage/ham/bacon, seeded diced tomato, whatever. Top with cheese - feta is great with spinach, cheddar is good with bacon and so on. Fill up and bake about 25 minutes at 350 (177C if you need that conversion).

One of these between a whole wheat English muffin or toast makes a good, fast breakfast and taste good at room temperature too.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought of you guys today. I make these mini frittatas all the time (they reheat great too) and I thought you could use the idea. They are high protein and you could customize them with any ingredients you have on hand.

Start with this..

8 large eggs (or equivalent substitute)
1/4 cup whole milk (any milk or milk substitute will be fine)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

This recipe will make 12 muffin tins worth or 24 small minis. Grease really well or use silicone muffin liners. You could even bake this in a pan and cut into pieces.

I like to add cooked crumbled bacon, fresh spinach leaves or big amounts of flat parsley and other chopped herbs. Cooked meat or faux sausage/ham/bacon, seeded diced tomato, whatever. Top with cheese - feta is great with spinach, cheddar is good with bacon and so on. Fill up and bake about 25 minutes at 350 (177C if you need that conversion).

One of these between a whole wheat English muffin or toast makes a good, fast breakfast and taste good at room temperature too.

Thanks! These sound great. I love the spinach and feta idea. I might try some with spinach, green chilis, and pepperjack. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unexpected setback...

... don't look in the spoiler tags if you're "cooties"-prone...

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unexpected setback...

Maybe go easy on the salt, too. Bloating is no fun.

IDK what that leaves you to snack on. :sadbanana:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe go easy on the salt, too. Bloating is no fun.

IDK what that leaves you to snack on. :sadbanana:
Probably everything that I usually snack on: carrots and hummus, pumpkin cereal bars (from Trader Joe's!), lightly salted almonds, beef jerky. I could also just repeat meals, e.g. cereal before bed, another helping of dinner food. :shrug:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Unexpected setback...

OMG. We even have PMS at the same time. :rotfl:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always been really, really sp-last, as it relates to health mindfulness (in the broadest and most inclusive sense). Meaning, I'm not all that mindful of it at all. Today I took a moment to be a BIT more mindful of it, and realized that I probably give myself low blood sugar pretty regularly! I was at my cube and noticed vaguely, in the back of my mind: "hmm, I feel sort of tingly all over, and not thinking as clearly, and I wonder why?" And then I Googled "low blood sugar" and those fit the criteria. :doh: So I think I give myself low blood sugar like every afternoon at 3-ish and every night that I stay up past 11pm.

Moral of this story: Must Snack More.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find nowadays if my blood sugar drops, I can feel dizzy, weepy, and/or irritable (multiple symptoms). I usually carry a quick fix in my purse in case I need it. This didn't used to happen before I changed my biochemistry (especially not the dizziness), but it definitely is regular enough now that I've learned to recognize the feeling and what it is.

And yeah, it usually hits me around 3-4pm if it hits me.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Confession: I just ate a frosted sugar cookie from Panera. It was adorable and shaped like a pumpkin. Don't even feel guilty about it. I wasn't going to get one, but it was free because I had a birthday last month. So, I caved. Dammit PMS! My dinner on the other had was actually pretty healthy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Confession: I just ate a frosted sugar cookie from Panera. It was adorable and shaped like a pumpkin. Don't even feel guilty about it. I wasn't going to get one, but it was free because I had a birthday last month. So, I caved. Dammit PMS! My dinner on the other had was actually pretty healthy.
WORTH IT.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just ate like half a jar of salsa and chips and then two cupcakes from the gas station.

I feel alive.