User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This weekend was AWFUL for exercise and healthy food. So much butter and sugar, and no time for the gym -- I think I either ate out or had leftover macaroni and cheese (with so freaking much butter) for almost every meal for the whole long weekend. The meals out were, IIRC:
    - Pancakes and bacon
    - Eggs Benedict
    - An entire Chipotle burrito (when usually I'm good about saving half for another meal)

And this isn't accounting for my friend's birthday cake, which I've been trying to finish off so it won't be around the house anymore.

Getting back on the wagon by going grocery shopping today to get fixins for something healthier, then hitting the gym on the way home.

Food plans (discounting frozen leftovers):
    - Miso Soba Noodle Soup with Shiitake, Tofu, & Butternut Squash (leaving out the tofu and adding ramen eggs)
    - One Bowl, All Natural, No-Bake Energy Bites (making them for next Wednesday's wellness thing at work -- using crunchy almond butter, chia seeds, flaxseed, wheat flour, and sunflower seeds)
    - Using this method to make these oats -- I've found I like the ingredients of the latter (tastes like no-bake cookies!) but prefer the consistency that comes from toasting and then boiling the oats before leaving them overnight. Might add frozen raspberries too, since I discovered them in my freezer a few days ago!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Getting back on the wagon by going grocery shopping today to get fixins for something healthier, then hitting the gym on the way home.

Food plans (discounting frozen leftovers):
    - Miso Soba Noodle Soup with Shiitake, Tofu, & Butternut Squash (leaving out the tofu and adding ramen eggs)
    - One Bowl, All Natural, No-Bake Energy Bites (making them for next Wednesday's wellness thing at work -- using crunchy almond butter, chia seeds, flaxseed, wheat flour, and sunflower seeds)
    - Using this method to make these oats -- I've found I like the ingredients of the latter (tastes like no-bake cookies!) but prefer the consistency that comes from toasting and then boiling the oats before leaving them overnight. Might add frozen raspberries too, since I discovered them in my freezer a few days ago!
    That miso soup looks SO good! I know there are different types of miso... Which are you planning to use? I really want to make it to H-Mart this weekend!

I'm kind of in love with overnight oats. It's been the most filling breakfast I've done in a long time. I've been doing about 1/3 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt, almond mild until I like the texture, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and toasted almonds. I also added strawberries a few times. Yum. Will definitely continue to experiment with this. I think the lack of fat in my breakfasts was the reason they weren't holding me over. I need to be less afraid of high calorie breakfasts because they usually mean less snacking and smaller lunches.

I have been kicking exercises's butt. Food over the weekend was a different story... I've done a lot better this week though! I've managed to majorly cut my sugar, which has been SO HARD. I've mostly been eating the peanut slaw, other salads, turkey sandwiches, and lots of fruit as snacks. Yesterday was the exception, INTP friend came over and we made lasagna. I'll probably end up eating it again tonight because I have a lot leftover and don't want to waste it.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Made the miso soup! @Showbread I used red miso (the stronger kind IIRC) and added more of it than was called for -- just kept adding til I didn't think it was bland anymore. Had a LOT of leftover broth. Psyched for leftovers!

Mmm, overnight oats. <3

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Made the miso soup! @Showbread I used red miso (the stronger kind IIRC) and added more of it than was called for -- just kept adding til I didn't think it was bland anymore. Had a LOT of leftover broth. Psyched for leftovers!

Mmm, overnight oats. <3
    I'm going to try to go tomorrow after church, I won't be too far away. Does miso need to be refrigerated? Because the stuff will be in my car for quite awhile.

Planning to go for a run today, and then hit the wall later. Not sure about food, might make that ramen EJCC posted. Either that or a curry stir-fry with brown rice. My mom sent me Girl Scour cookies that I need to get rid of somehow. They are SO tempting. I did pretty well with sugar this week and I would like to keep that up next week too.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I'm going to try to go tomorrow after church, I won't be too far away. Does miso need to be refrigerated? Because the stuff will be in my car for quite awhile.

Planning to go for a run today, and then hit the wall later. Not sure about food, might make that ramen EJCC posted. Either that or a curry stir-fry with brown rice. My mom sent me Girl Scour cookies that I need to get rid of somehow. They are SO tempting. I did pretty well with sugar this week and I would like to keep that up next week too.
    How long is quite a while? Miso paste does need to be refrigerated, but I figure it should be fine as long as the miso paste doesn't get warm. IME soy products are fairly forgiving anyway. (My roommate left a bottle of soy sauce on the counter overnight by accident, but I've been using the stuff since then and it doesn't taste off.)

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

How long is quite a while? Miso paste does need to be refrigerated, but I figure it should be fine as long as the miso paste doesn't get warm. IME soy products are fairly forgiving anyway. (My roommate left a bottle of soy sauce on the counter overnight by accident, but I've been using the stuff since then and it doesn't taste off.)
    You're supposed to refrigerate soy sauce? I had no idea. My mom never did and I always figured it was basically liquid salt so there was no need. Whoops.

It would definitely be a few hours. I might bring an ice chest though because I want to look at their seafood. I've been craving shrimp and it's too expensive at my regular grocery store.

Also, I just went for a 4 mile jog/walk. I'm officially going to make an appointment with the nurse on campus about getting an inhaler. My asthma was really bad when I was a kid, I was hospitalized, I had a nebulizer machine for breathing treatments, etc. I think I can make a good case for it. Breathing while running should NOT be this hard for someone who's active and not overweight. It's not even just being out of breath, my lungs feel tight, like I can't keep breath in or take a deep one. Definitely a weezy feeling, not just the "burning" sensation I've heard runners describe. And there's no second wind, they just get exhausted. But, not that my back is under control (yay PT!) I want to commit to running.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well shoot.

How to Store Miso Soup (5 Steps) | eHow

I guess I'll have another serving tomorrow and then throw the rest out.

Good thing I have a lot of miso paste and green onions left. Now I know it's probably best to make it the day of and not have leftovers.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Made the miso soup and it was yummy! I think I went a little heavy on the ginger, and I also needed more miso than was called for. But, other than that I loved it! I halved the recipe because apparently miso soup doesn't keep long.

In other wonderful news I FINALLY got an inhaler! I went for a run tonight after using it and oh my gosh what a difference! I mean it still wasn't fun, but my lungs didn't get tight and give up on me. It was a more normal not used to running difficulty as opposed to being impossible to breathe. So, new goal: be able to run a 5k without stopping. I might re-download that "Couch to 5k" app. It's a gradual increase that has coaching. I tried using it before but gave up because breathing wasn't getting easier.

Since I still have 3/4 of a butternut squash leftover from the ramen I am going to make Healthy Mac and Cheese. I also have half a bunch of kale that I will probably wilt and stir into the sauce. Not sure what kind of cheese I want to use. The recipe suggests gruyere, but I might want something stronger. Thinking maybe a sharp cheddar?
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Made the Healthy Mac and Cheese tonight and oh my gosh it was fantastic. Like one of the best things I've ever made fantastic. For the cheese I used sharp cheddar, and I used whole wheat elbow noodles for pasta. I also added half a head of kale that I wilted in the microwave. When I served it I topped it with parmesan and some Cholula hot sauce.

I will definitely be freezing leftovers and making this again.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes LonestarCowgirl, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I have a really good day of eating planned, super healthy. But all I can think about it donuts.

Breakfast/Lunch (I ate at noon)

- WW toast w/avocado
    - One egg w/hot sauce
    - Half a grapefruit

Going to be out running errands/studying at a coffee shop soon planning to take a snack
    - Larabar
    - Mandarin oranges
    - Nonfat latte

Dinner
    - Leftover butternut squash mac and cheese

For exercise I am going to a swing dancing class later.

I'm trying to be really good today because I am eating brunch here tomorrow and I am SO excited. I'll probably also run again tomorrow, so that will help. I got a new pair of running shoes today. My back was sore after my runs this week, and they are about a year old so I figured it was time. Like EJCC, I have high-maintenance feet. So I had to go to an actual running store and spend $100.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*