User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Surprisingly, it's been pretty easy to get myself to work out at least 3 days a week. I end up looking forward to it, because I feel drained at the end of the workday, and exercise makes me energized again. However, I have not been motivated to go to the gym, and have been doing bodyweight exercises instead. Hoping that on Saturday or Sunday I'll get a chance to stop by the gym and kick my own ass at the exercise bike for half an hour or so.

My plan to only eat out twice in the week failed miserably when my coworkers took me out to lunch on both Monday and Thursday, and I made plans to get lunch with a former coworker friend on Saturday. Monday was pho and Thursday was Chipotle -- got a burrito and had one half for lunch and one half for dinner -- and Saturday will be Cosi. Since I didn't plan on this, I had a bunch of leftover, 4-day-old sausage gumbo that I most likely wasn't going to eat this week. So I put two servings in the freezer. Will finish off the lasagna today and the unfrozen gumbo either today or tomorrow.

Hoping that this coming week's food plans will end up costing under $30, though it's possible they won't. On the bright side, some of it is going immediately into the freezer, with the gumbo, meaning I'll spend less on groceries the week after. And since I'll be shopping at the Asian grocery, the specialty ingredients should be very reasonably priced. (Also they sell VERY inexpensive seafood.)

Here's the plan:

Closet Cooking: Thai Fish Green Curry with Asparagus and Peas (I already have the asparagus and peas)

SNAP Challenge: One Pot Chili Pasta - Budget Bytes (I already have the black beans, corn, and macaroni, and plan on using turkey instead of beef -- this is the one that's partly or mostly going in the freezer right after I make it)

And finally, for my Valentine's Day party... Baked Mac N Cheese Sriracha Recipe - Food.com
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Update on grocery prices: I think I ended up paying $31 or so? Had to do some complicated math because my roommate bought me things when she went to Trader Joe's and I bought her things when I went to the Asian grocery. Plus I ended up going to Giant the next day to get ground turkey and cheap store-brand canned beans.

On the bright side: $31 bought me a LOT of food. Some of it should last into next week (including half a pound of ground turkey, and several servings of chili pasta, that went straight into the freezer). Meaning, next week I'll probably spend a lot less.

On the down side: I don't think I planned around my pantry/freezer food well enough. Will do better next week.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This turned out GREAT, and was very quick and easy! Will definitely make again.

Pro tip!

This stuff:

is half the price of this stuff:

and is also twice as good... and twice as spicy. You end up needing zero sriracha in your curry.

My sinuses are clear, my mouth is burning, and I am a very happy camper. <3

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Went to the chiropractor today and I am all fixed! My sacroiliac joint, commonly called SI joint was out on the right side. Once it got popped back in it felt so much better. Still a little sore, but I'll be back to exercise tomorrow.

This amuses me, not because you had to get shit popped back in but the fact that your joint was you Si joint and you use Si in your top functions like your si was out of whack. Ok I'm amused just let me be amused you don't have to be.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

(sort of cross-posting from my personal blog)

Bought a pair of nice running shoes yesterday! Turns out that my feet have expensive taste and only $100+ running shoes fit them. (Would it have KILLED you to fit into $50 DSW shoes, feet? ) They're Brooks Ghost 7s and look like this:

And they work great! Today was a gorgeous day, so I went out for a run to test them out. Ended up running 2.5 miles, which is 1 mile longer than I've ever run without stopping (to put in perspective just how unathletic I've been for most of my life). I think I probably could have run even longer, except that the trail I chose had a lot of hills.

Other miscellaneous notes on the run:

1) Map My Run is a pretty awesome app. I liked being notified each time I'd run another mile, and how long I took to run that mile. Even though I took approx. 9.5 minutes to run each mile. Not great, but I'll get better, and it's good that my pace was consistent.
    2) Turns out running with a deadline is a really effective way to push yourself! I had to get back home in time to shower and get to choir rehearsal, and after I overshot the correct turnoff to get home by about 1/3 of a mile, I had to force myself to run home, regardless of how tired I was.
    3) I think this was the first run I've ever gone on, where I experienced a "second wind". It was maybe 15 minutes in? Somewhere around there? And, conveniently, it was right when I was going up a huge hill.

Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

My last few dinners have been Greek chicken salad. I LOVE this recipe. It's cheap, easy, healthy, and really yummy. I followed the recipe as written except for the cooking of the chicken. I don't have a grill so I cooked in the oven with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. I've been serving with whole wheat pocket bread and a little avocado, since the recipe has very little fat aside from the feta and olives.

Not sure what to make next... I'm making a fancy pasta dish on Saturday for Galentine's Day. But I will definitely need something between now and then. I'm a little burned out on Mexican inspired meals, stir fries, as well as salads.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Showbread I know what you mean -- I'm kind of sick of stews and soups. Really tempted to go grocery shopping earlier in the week just so I don't have to eat any chili or gumbo. (Plus I've been craving eggplant parmesan and I have a really healthy recipe for it. Would eat it with spinach and without pasta.)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

SNAP Challenge: One Pot Chili Pasta - Budget Bytes (I already have the black beans, corn, and macaroni, and plan on using turkey instead of beef -- this is the one that's partly or mostly going in the freezer right after I make it)
    I really like this and will make again. Next time I'll double the amount of meat, and not include kidney beans. (Apparently I'm not a fan of kidney beans. You learn something new every day, I guess!) And I might add less macaroni relative to the amount of non-macaroni (which my mother would call "groceries" in this context).

Buying eggplant parm* and mac 'n cheese ingredients on the way home from work today. I think this will be a two-grocery-trip week -- will apparently be eating out two or three times this weekend (yay for long weekends and friend time!), so it wouldn't make sense to buy a lot of groceries until maybe Monday.

*Note that this is healthy eggplant parm -- I think the only butter/oil involved is what greases the pan. Besides that it's eggplant, milk, bread crumbs, herbs, some cheese, and pasta sauce.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Planning to make the yummy peanut slaw for dinner tonight. I got some of the cruciferous crunch from TJ's, adding carrots and maybe some spiralized zucchini. @EJCC, how do you usually adjust the ratio when you use the preprepared slaw? I'm planning to half the dressing recipe.

Not sure what my food plans are for the rest of the week. I didn't make it to H-Mart, might go tonight. I was thinking of doing a shrimp stir-fry with veggies and a red curry sauce.

The weather has been really nice this weekend so I decided to go fora run. Mistake. Twisted my ankle. It's not a big deal, just a little stiff and sore. I've sprained my right ankle at least 5 times so I know the drill. I'm making serious progress with rock climbing! Routes that I could never have made at the beginning of the semester are pretty easy now. The only downside is that my knees are constantly bruised. Oh well, small price to pay for a fun workout.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Planning to make the yummy peanut slaw for dinner tonight. I got some of the cruciferous crunch from TJ's, adding carrots and maybe some spiralized zucchini. @EJCC, how do you usually adjust the ratio when you use the preprepared slaw? I'm planning to half the dressing recipe.
    Ugh sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Hope it turned out well! I find that the dressing amount is really forgiving -- keeping in mind that the noodles are "optional", I've added noodles, plus more slaw than expected, plus carrots, plus chicken, and kept the dressing amount the same, and it's tasted great.

Did you make it to H Mart?

The weather has been really nice this weekend so I decided to go fora run. Mistake. Twisted my ankle. It's not a big deal, just a little stiff and sore. I've sprained my right ankle at least 5 times so I know the drill. I'm making serious progress with rock climbing! Routes that I could never have made at the beginning of the semester are pretty easy now. The only downside is that my knees are constantly bruised. Oh well, small price to pay for a fun workout.
    Dang. Hope it was the mild kind of twisted ankle that gets better the same day or the next day!

Jealous of your weather -- it's been incredibly cold where I am, and below 20 degrees all weekend. Glad I got a few days of nice weather last weekend, but wishing I could get out and run some more.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Ugh sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Hope it turned out well! I find that the dressing amount is really forgiving -- keeping in mind that the noodles are "optional", I've added noodles, plus more slaw than expected, plus carrots, plus chicken, and kept the dressing amount the same, and it's tasted great.

Did you make it to H Mart?
    I didn't make it. Ended up spending Saturday with INFP roommate and being totally lazy on Sunday. It's about 25 minutes away so I've been trying to wait till I have another reason to go that direction.

Dang. Hope it was the mild kind of twisted ankle that gets better the same day or the next day!

Jealous of your weather -- it's been incredibly cold where I am, and below 20 degrees all weekend. Glad I got a few days of nice weather last weekend, but wishing I could get out and run some more.
    It's a lot better already. A little swollen and a little stiff, but mostly fine. Held off on running today, will probably do elliptical before climbing instead.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*