User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ooh, that looks great. Especially as a winter comfort food recipe -- but with less sodium and less fat and a lot more vegetables. Definitely looks like a recipe for #hygge .
    It reheated well too. It reminds me a little bit of Thanksgiving food.

Also, there is nothing boring about that Thai peanut slaw. So yummy.

Updates:

- I decided on salad with chicken for some dinners this week, something kind of spicy. I really like using salsa and a little bit of sour cream and avocado for a dressing. I have two chicken breasts marinating in olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, a tiny bit of honey, and a sprinkle of cumin.

- I can't find a physical therapist within 15 miles of where I live that will accept my insurance, so that is still on hold. My parents have offered to pay out of pocket if we can't find one. Still able to do yoga, and even some rock climbing. I just have to do a lot of stretching.

- Need to find a new chiropractor. I LOVE my current one, but she is too far away for weekly adjustments. And if my SI joint won't stay in weekly adjustments are necessary.

- Started taking a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement. Apparently magnesium is good natural muscle relaxer and can combat anxiety. I can massively benefit from both of these things.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I've done salad for dinner the last three nights. The first two nights were really good because I used salsa and avocado. But I ran out of avocado and I just wasn't feeling the salsa today so I jut used random stuff. Ended up with romaine, red onion, carrots, feta, chicken, quinoa, and light Italian dressing. It was okay. The feta was fantastic, but that was about it. I keep trying to make myself like quinoa but I just don't think it's going to happen. No matter how I cook it, it's just meh. I know it's super healthy, etc. But just not my thing. Given the choice I'll choose brown rice any day.

I'm pretty much all saladed out for awhile so I'm making thecrockpot sesame chicken I made about a month ago. I'll serve with brown rice and green beans. I'm already excited about eating it.

I actually planned ahead for breakfast! I made two days with of steel coat oatmeal. I made it in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, planning to add toasted almonds and blueberries.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I keep trying to make myself like quinoa but I just don't think it's going to happen. No matter how I cook it, it's just meh. I know it's super healthy, etc. But just not my thing. Given the choice I'll choose brown rice any day.
    Totally agree. I like it okay on salads, but I don't get the trend of trying to add it to every food, or substitute rice for it.

I'm pretty much all saladed out for awhile so I'm making thecrockpot sesame chicken I made about a month ago. I'll serve with brown rice and green beans. I'm already excited about eating it.
    Let me/us (the readership) know how it turns out!

I actually planned ahead for breakfast! I made two days with of steel coat oatmeal. I made it in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, planning to add toasted almonds and blueberries.
    Mmm, that sounds great.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Been having some money-related anxiety -- vacation in New Orleans being more expensive than I thought it would be, plus several unanticipated large expenses -- so I've made budgeting plans for this coming month, maximizing the amount I can put back into my savings account (and saving up for my nebulous but still exciting summer plans!).

The budgeting plans that relate to food:
    - Eating lunch or dinner out only once or twice a week, and if eating out on my own, trying to eat somewhere with big portions so I'll have leftovers
    - Always bringing my own Diet Cokes to work instead of buying them from the vending machine
    - If doing job applications at a coffee shop, not buying any food/drink worth more than $2
    - Being more serious about planning groceries based on what I already have at home
    - Not letting my weekly groceries exceed $30

Some things I've learned in the process of planning, so far:
    - Cheapest breakfasts I can think of: 1) fruit and peanut butter, 2) egg on toast (or peanut butter on toast), 3) oatmeal with fixins. Granola, Greek yogurt, and most types of cereal cost ridiculous amounts in comparison.
    - Trader Joe's and Giant are the BEST.

This week's food plans:
    - Breakfasts: Overnight steel-cut oats, sliced apples cooked on the stove, apple butter left over from a festival I went to in November, and nutty-crunchy add-ins I already had (flaxseed, pepitas)
    - Lunches: Skinny Spinach Lasagna - Pinch of Yum (in the oven now! makes like 12 servings, so I'm sharing with my roommate and she's paying me back for half the groceries)
    - Dinners: Chicken sausage gumbo, using Soumas Heritage Creole Creations gumbo mix (My mom makes the drive to Bossier City whenever she visits family in northern Louisiana, and sends Soumas mixes to me. I have two packages of gumbo mix -- saving one for my hypothetical Mardi Gras party this month)

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Been having some money-related anxiety -- vacation in New Orleans being more expensive than I thought it would be, plus several unanticipated large expenses -- so I've made budgeting plans for this coming month, maximizing the amount I can put back into my savings account (and saving up for my nebulous but still exciting summer plans!).

The budgeting plans that relate to food:
    - Eating lunch or dinner out only once or twice a week, and if eating out on my own, trying to eat somewhere with big portions so I'll have leftovers
    - Always bringing my own Diet Cokes to work instead of buying them from the vending machine
    - If doing job applications at a coffee shop, not buying any food/drink worth more than $2
    - Being more serious about planning groceries based on what I already have at home
    - Not letting my weekly groceries exceed $30
    Oh my, $30? That sounds so difficult! I'm not sure I could do it. I would have to make exceptions for Costco trips... Unless I stopped eating meat. And I would have to stop baking. Those ingredients get expensive.

Sesame chicken once again came out lovely. I used breasts instead of thighs, cut the honey a bit, and added 2 tsp of sesame oil. Served with brown rice and roasted green beans. All together it comes out to 395 calories.

I have probably 2 more meals of that for this week, plus some leftover pizza.

Somehow I've managed to gain 3ish pounds this semester which is super frustrating because I've been exercising almost every day. It's definitely not all muscle. I tend to gain weight around the middle and it's there. So, definitely need to adjust food and add more cardio. I've gotten a lot stronger from rock climbing, but I need to be more consistent about cardio. I'm going to make it a goal to do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical before hitting the wall, they are in the same building so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Been losing weight, which I guess is fine, but I think my butt has shrunk disproportionately

Lessons Learned:

1) Buy those running shoes and get back into running
    2) Never skip leg day
    2) SQUATS

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Been losing weight, which I guess is fine, but I think my butt has shrunk disproportionately
    Same here, I was pretty much back to pre-preggo weight in less than two weeks but now I have a flabby belly which is compensated for by a slightly smaller butt

Mind if I join the healthy food and excercise brigade? Health insurance would even pay for postnatal excercise classes if I choose to take them.

In the meantime I'll have to buy a new jeans that's that one extra inch wider since neither the preggo pants nor my previous ones really fit right now. *sigh*
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Lessons Learned:

1) Buy those running shoes and get back into running
    2) Never skip leg day
    2) SQUATS
    Hahaha. Yeah, my butt and thighs are like the one place I really don't want to lose weight. They're already pretty trim/muscular. I would even be okay with my boobs shrinking a bit, but not my butt. Thankfully rock climbing and yoga keep it pretty round. I don't even think I really had a butt until yoga, actually.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh my, $30? That sounds so difficult! I'm not sure I could do it. I would have to make exceptions for Costco trips... Unless I stopped eating meat. And I would have to stop baking. Those ingredients get expensive.
    A few things are working in my favor:

- A pantry and fridge that are well stocked with sauces, oils, and spices
    - Sites like Budget Bytes that include prices by their recipes
    - Not baking a whole lot
    - Sharing with roommates on occasion (e.g. this week, with the lasagna -- I'm going to use some of the $6 that INTP roomie owes me to buy coffee)

Usually my groceries come out to between $35 and $40 per week, so this isn't the most abrupt shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Same here, I was pretty much back to pre-preggo weight in less than two weeks but now I have a flabby belly which is compensated for by a slightly smaller butt

Mind if I join the healthy food and excercise brigade? Health insurance would even pay for postnatal excercise classes if I choose to take them.

In the meantime I'll have to buy a new jeans that's that one extra inch wider since neither the preggo pants nor my previous ones really fit right now. *sigh*
    Yes definitely join the fun!

Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

- Breakfasts: Overnight steel-cut oats, sliced apples cooked on the stove, apple butter left over from a festival I went to in November, and nutty-crunchy add-ins I already had (flaxseed, pepitas)
    This was such a good idea. Oh my god. AMAZING.

Likes Showbread liked this post