User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @Showbread Found this for ya:

Yassssss. I <3 cheese. Sometimes it doesn't like me though. I have stress induced lactose intolerance or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    You guys need to stop making me hungry. (I'm trying to get back in shape before New Zealand, so I've been working out and trying to eat healthier too)

Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.
    Just because you are getting in shape doesn't mean you can't eat! And yes, sweet potatoes/yams are the best! I love to cut them into "fries" with the skin still on and then roast them. I usually put a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper/red pepper flakes, and a little shredded parmesan on them. The parmesan burns a bit and it's sooooo good. And a tiny bit spicy.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    sweet potatoes were my go-to when i was eating super healthy. they're perfect for something warm and satisfying that isn't terrible for you.

baked sweet potato in the microwave filled with black beans and warm veggies was my jaaam.

(p.s. sorry for blowin you up today chanaynay )
    Or slow "fried" in sesame oil, and topped with yeast flakes and gamashio, served with a HUGE green salad and crusty sourdoughs mmmmmm
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Just because you are getting in shape doesn't mean you can't eat! And yes, sweet potatoes/yams are the best! I love to cut them into "fries" with the skin still on and then roast them. I usually put a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper/red pepper flakes, and a little shredded parmesan on them. The parmesan burns a bit and it's sooooo good. And a tiny bit spicy.
    Oh I know! It's just I have a high metabolism so when I stop caring I usually indulge in fatty foods with no remorse. So I'm still in that unhealthy/greasy food stage, and all this food you're posting is making me hungry.

But I made the switch yesterday and everything so far has been delicious. My friend's fitness blog really helps, and apparently according to my mom when I'm not home they don't buy stuff like Doritos lol. The stuff you and Nic posted are great and I might make some later. We're stocked up on sweet potatoes.

Also avocados. You know, Californian staple.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Oh I know! It's just I have a high metabolism so when I stop caring I usually indulge in fatty foods with no remorse. So I'm still in that unhealthy/greasy food stage, and all this food you're posting is making me hungry.

But I made the switch yesterday and everything so far has been delicious. My friend's fitness blog really helps, and apparently according to my mom when I'm not home they don't buy stuff like Doritos lol. The stuff you and Nic posted are great and I might make some later. We're stocked up on sweet potatoes.

Also avocados. You know, Californian staple.
    Oh yes, lots of avocados. I've been known to just put them on toast with some salt and pepper.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Oh yes, lots of avocados. I've been known to just put them on toast with some salt and pepper.
    ...i did that yesterday for breakfast! minus the salt & pepper. and served alongside an orange and blueberry acai juice.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Smoked Salmon Egg Stuffed Avocados | Paleo Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Grain-Free Recipes | Grok Grub

The versatile avocado! It also makes a mean vegan chocolate cream pie
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes Chanaynay, EJCC, Showbread, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

@cm81 I just had salmon yesterday too. you guys need to stop stalking my life
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Showbread, cm81, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

OMG @cm81. That looks excellent. Though I am a fan of pretty much anything with egg and/or avocado on top.

You guys need to stop making me hungry. (I'm trying to get back in shape before New Zealand, so I've been working out and trying to eat healthier too)

Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.
    Well if we aren't getting you hungry for healthy food, then we aren't doing our job!
    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    sweet potatoes were my go-to when i was eating super healthy. they're perfect for something warm and satisfying that isn't terrible for you.

baked sweet potato in the microwave filled with black beans and warm veggies was my jaaam.
    YES. That combo sounds amazing though, like a sweet potato-rito. What veggies did you use?

The only baked sweet potato stuff I've done was right after Thanksgiving, piling a bunch of leftover Thanksgiving ingredients on top of a baked sweet potato (e.g. kale and/or brussel sprouts, pecans and/or walnuts, cranberries, etc, plus I added some goat cheese).

Roasted cauliflower and cheddar soup. YUM!

Made this for the fam tonight and it was really really good! The only thing I changed was use regular sharp cheddar instead of white. Very good, not too rich. It still has the cheese, but not an outrageous amount. And the only liquid other than chicken broth is half a cup of low fat milk. We served it with crusty whole wheat bread and a kale/romaine salad.
    Mmmm cauliflower and cheese. That sounds excellent. Nice, lighter variation on the traditional broccoli/cheese soup.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    OMG @cm81. That looks excellent. Though I am a fan of pretty much anything with egg and/or avocado on top.

Well if we aren't getting you hungry for healthy food, then we aren't doing our job!
    And as ESxJs we take our jobs VERY seriously!!
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@EJCC I used okra, spinach, mushrooms mostly. Spiced it up with turmeric, curry, garlic, shawarma spices.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.