User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    SUCCESS! Omg words can not describe how delicious these are. I shall be doing many more things bread related in the future!!!!

Excellent! If you like those, you would probably like homemade bagels, which are made in almost exactly the same way.

Real Homemade Bagels Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Oh, and for those who have never seen them

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Oh, and for those who have never seen them

Yesssssss.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Working out has NOT been happening. So much for my momentum. I'll try to at least get 20 minutes in tonight -- upper body bodyweight stuff. Fingers crossed.

It's been a weird cooking week. I made a huge batch of beer mac and cheese (not including the recipe because it only turned out okay), that was supposed to last all week, but instead, because the sauce wasn't thick and I had friends over, lasted pretty much one day. I split the last serving into two parts and made it into two identical meals (mac and cheese, broccoli, and half an apple sausage).

Here's the stuff that turned out well:

- This quiche: Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche Recipe | Vegetarian Quiche | Two Peas & Their Pod (I've made it before and had frozen asparagus to use up -- was going to be lunches, but has ended up being breakfasts instead)
    - This pasta sauce, with wheat spaghetti and LOADS of spinach: tomato sauce with onion and butter | smitten kitchen (will have the rest of it for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, with my last frozen chicken breast)

After that's used up, I'm not sure what I'll do for food. I don't want to have a lot of perishable stuff left over before I leave for two weeks for Christmas/New Years. So I'll finagle some ways to use the rest of my spinach, kale, green onions, etc.
    Last edited by EJCC; 12-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Food and exercise this week did not go well. So much sugar. I didn't even make or purchase any of it. It was just kept showing up, everywhere. I went to yoga on Monday, and I rock climbed Thursday, so that's something at least. I'm back in CA now with my parents and their house is full of sugar. My dad is well liked by his employees and vendors so they all bring him food at Christmas. So, since sugar consumption in some capacity is basically inevitable, I need to prioritize and decide what is actually going to be worth the calories. Homemade eggnog is definitely on that list because it's my FAVORITE. Unfortunately it also has 400 calories a cup because it's the good stuff, made with whole milk and cream. Mmmm. I'll probably buy some bourbon tomorrow so I can spike it. I also usually mix it with almond milk because it's really rich. That makes it a tiny bit better (I'm really good at rationalizing things).

In terms of savory food, my family doesn't eat too bad. Plus, if I volunteer to cook I can make it even healthier.

For exercise, I can jog with my dogs. I also have a gym membership that my mom never canceled. I like doing regular workouts there, and they also have classes like yoga, spin, etc. I'm going to make it a goal to do something 3 at the gym 3 times a week. Potentially in addition to jogging with the dogs. I'm also going rock climbing at least once for sure.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

SO MUCH COOKING WIN.

#1 : Vietnamese vermicelli noodle bowls

One of the best things I've ever made. <3 Took a trip to my local Asian grocery beforehand, so I was able to use actual kinh giới instead of substituting mint/basil like I was originally planning on doing.

Note: this recipe is MUCH easier than it looks. The only problem is that it's time-consuming and requires a lot of specialty ingredients (not just the kinh giới, but the pork shoulder, vermicelli noodles, bird's eye peppers, and pickled daikon radishes -- not to mention stuff like fish sauce that most people don't consider to be a staple/necessity in their fridge, like I do.) But that isn't much of a problem at all, if 1) you have access to a specialty grocery, and 2) you're doing this on a weekend and having friends over. Which I did. And it was phenomenal.

#2 : Green lentil and kale soup with coconut milk and spices

I only had 1 cup of lentils, so I reduced everything except the spices and the kale by 1/3. I used the same amount of spices and maybe three handfuls of kale, and it was just about perfect that way. LOVED it with more kale and spices.

#3 : Sweet potato and caramelized onion quiche

I'd used this recipe before, so I learned from my previous mistakes (i.e. following the recipe), and:
    1) Used 4 eggs and 1.5 cups milk instead of 5 eggs and 2 cups milk
    2) Used half the number of onions and sweet potatoes that they call for

I also substituted feta for gorgonzola, because I wanted to use the cheese I had lying around (dear god there's so much cheese in my fridge right now). And I used store-bought crust.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Likes Showbread, Chanaynay, cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Roasted cauliflower and cheddar soup. YUM!

Made this for the fam tonight and it was really really good! The only thing I changed was use regular sharp cheddar instead of white. Very good, not too rich. It still has the cheese, but not an outrageous amount. And the only liquid other than chicken broth is half a cup of low fat milk. We served it with crusty whole wheat bread and a kale/romaine salad.

For exercise, I went to a yoga class this morning! It was really good, I'll probably even be sore tomorrow.
    Last edited by Showbread; 12-16-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC, cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Showbread Found this for ya:

Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

You guys need to stop making me hungry. (I'm trying to get back in shape before New Zealand, so I've been working out and trying to eat healthier too)

Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes EJCC liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Sweet potatoes are a godsend tbh.
    sweet potatoes were my go-to when i was eating super healthy. they're perfect for something warm and satisfying that isn't terrible for you.

baked sweet potato in the microwave filled with black beans and warm veggies was my jaaam.

(p.s. sorry for blowin you up today chanaynay )
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post