User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

So, my post Thanksgiving cardio plans have been foiled by waking up sick yesterday. I was planning to jog with my dogs yesterday and today, but I have a nasty cough.

However, I did go rock climbing yesterday! I've always liked rock climbing, but I've never gotten super into it. That might change! I went with a friend from high school yesterday and I loved it. It's fun, and such an intense workout. My upper body is definitely weaker than lower. My legs and core aren't really sore at all, but my arms and back are killing me!

We have a rock wall on campus, and there's open climb nights throughout the week. I know a few people who go so I'm going to make it a goal to do that at least once a week. I should also start adding more pushups, assisted pull-ups to my workout routine. I'm considering taking an aerobics class next semester. At my school I pay a flat tuition for up to 18 credits, and I think I'm at 16 right now. Might as well take as many exercise classes as I can while they are paid for!

Food for this week, planning to make chicken and dumplings. I found a recipe that doesn't use canned soup! Might reduce the butter a bit, and I'll definitely add extra veggies (green beans!). I will probably also use whole wheat pastry flour for the dumplings.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Very successful food this week!

- Breakfasts: Overnight Chai Steel-Cut Oats | thishomemadelife (topped with pecans!)
    - Lunches: Baked sweet potato with cranberries, pecans, goat cheese, and kale (had a lot of leftover Thanksgiving ingredients, and improvised)
    - Dinners: Gnocchi with Sausage and Kale | Bev Cooks (used Trader Joe's apple/chardonnay sausage, which was a really good choice -- only problem with the recipe is that it calls for too little oil. Be warned)

Also lots of treats. It's been hard to get back in the rhythm of normal eating since Thanksgiving.

Haven't been working out because I've been feeling tired/sickish? Hoping that'll go away soon!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

This next week and a half are going to be kind of weird in terms of food for me. I was planning to make chicken and dumplings to eat this week. But, I got the flu and ended up flying back from CA two days later than planned so it ended up being a short week. I've been living on the Thanksgiving leftovers I froze and then put in my suitcase when I flew back, which was a genius idea. I brought back turkey, stuffing, and green beans (not casserole, just steamed). I've been eating mostly turkey breast and green beans, with just a little stuffing so not too bad. I'm going to take the frozen chicken tortilla soup out and eat that too.

I'm in kind of an awkward spot because I'm actually flying back to CA for winter break a week from Saturday, so I don't want to do a bunch of shopping/cooking. I'll eat the chicken tortilla soup, ENFJ roommate made kale and quinoa minestrone today that she is sharing so I'll eat that too. When all the soup is gone I might make chicken and dumplings... Or, I might use up my extra meals/points for the school cafeteria. I typically just use those for lunches, but I have more leftover then there are lunches. We'll see.

On the exercise front, I haven't done anything since I rock climbed Friday (I've had the flu). I think I'm going to a swing dancing lesson tomorrow night, and then again Saturday night. My school does a winter formal swing dance every year and it's on Sunday evening. After that I'll have yoga Monday, and I'll try to climb at least once next week.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Technically I didn't make this soup, but it's really healthy(really good) and I'm eating it so posting the recipe!

Kale and Quinoa Minestrone

Really, really yummy. When I make, which I will eventually I will make the following mods:
    - Green bell pepper instead of red
    - Omit celery
    - Omit parsley
    - Omit cannellini beans
    - Add crushed red pepper

Definitely top with shaved or shredded parmesan, not the nasty grated stuff.

Edit: Really yummy, but not very filling. Resisting the urge to get something sweet, I've had way too much sugar today. I'll probably get some ww toast with almond butter. The lack of fat is probably why I'm dissatisfied.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2 so/sp

Just wanted to say that I find this thread so cute (like awww!) even though I'm nowhere near a health and fitness junkie
    Likes Showbread, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
    Just wanted to say that I find this thread so cute (like awww!) even though I'm nowhere near a health and fitness junkie
    We're nowhere near health/fitness junkies either. Hence the need for a thread.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Unionruler, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Want to throw in that I am going to attempt to make these this evening! I don't have a stand mixer, and I have never made bread before, but... meh? Here's to hoping my chemist skills will get me through a new recipe once again .

Alton Brown's Homemade Soft Pretzels.

Also gonna get stuff to make scrambled eggs (been craving them for who the hell knows why), and maybe the stuff to make chili since I can cook that in my sleep I've done it so many times.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Want to throw in that I am going to attempt to make these this evening! I don't have a stand mixer, and I have never made bread before, but... meh? Here's to hoping my chemist skills will get me through a new recipe once again .

Alton Brown's Homemade Soft Pretzels.

Also gonna get stuff to make scrambled eggs (been craving them for who the hell knows why), and maybe the stuff to make chili since I can cook that in my sleep I've done it so many times.
    You can do it! Bread can be a bit of a learning curve, but you definitely don't need a stand mixer. You'll just have to knead by hand for a little longer than you would mix.

Also, Alton's yeast puppets are hysterical. Burping and farting noises should NOT be that funny. But they are.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    You can do it! Bread can be a bit of a learning curve, but you definitely don't need a stand mixer. You'll just have knead by hand for a lit longer than you would mix.

Also, Alton's yeast puppets are hysterical. Burping and farting noises should NOT be that funny. But they are.
    Turns out I'll be making them tomorrow cause I just got roped into a party. Either way I am excited .

Omg Pretzel Logic is one of my favorite episodes (though nothing will beat Oh My, Meat Pie)! I laughed at his show so so so much. I find his sock puppets delightful, I could care less if they are or are not supposed to be funny . He'll, I'll laugh at food popping/exploding in a microwave, I have no right to claim humor basis, haha.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

SUCCESS! Omg words can not describe how delicious these are. I shall be doing many more things bread related in the future!!!!

Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post