User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Made it to the gym before yoga today. INFP roommate made fun of me for exercising before exercising. lol

Dinners this week will be salad with chicken and homemade Asian dressing. I'm going home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, so there was no point in doing actual cooking. The salad dressing came out REALLY good, even though I didn't use any recipes, or measure for that matter.

Here's what I used:
    - Chicken
    - Romaine
    - Spinach
    - Cilantro
    - Scallions
    - Dressing
    + EVOO
    + Sesame oil
    + Rice vinegar
    + Ginger
    + Garlic
    + Natural, chunky, PB
    + A drizzle of soy sauce
    + A shake of crushed red pepper
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Oh, I like this thread.

Would either of you find this recipe appealing? It's a great side dish/snack.
    German Cucumber Salad ~ tastedocs

You could even sub in greek yogurt for the sour cream. It's a healthier way to get a Ranch flavored fix.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RenaiReborn View Post
    Oh, I like this thread.

Would either of you find this recipe appealing? It's a great side dish/snack.
    German Cucumber Salad ~ tastedocs

You could even sub in greek yogurt for the sour cream. It's a healthier way to get a Ranch flavored fix.
    Glad you like the blog!

I've never really craved ranch dressing (since I've never really liked ranch dressing), but that does look like an interesting side dish. Would think it would taste almost Mediterranean, with the yogurt, but it uses dill, so maybe not. Might be more inclined to substitute tzaziki sauce...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Exercise update:

I've finally started!! Saturday I spent 45 minutes on an exercise bike at the gym, Sunday I did an upper body workout that I found and really like*, and yesterday I went for a 20-30 minute run. Felt just the right amount of soreness after each day -- enough to feel it and be slightly uncomfortable, but not enough to make it hard to move. Planning on doing the same upper body workout today after work, maybe going for a short run before my Amtrak trip tomorrow morning, and packing my exercise clothes/shoes when I visit my extended family for Thanksgiving. (Told my parents about my plan, to hold myself accountable.)

It's worth noting that I'm finally at the point where the exercise bike and the run made me feel AMAZING. Cardio doesn't feel like a chore anymore. Here's hoping that I can keep that attitude over time!

*Muscle Building Routine: Circuit Workout for Upper Body Muscle | Muscle & Fitness
    My upper body -- especially my pecs and triceps -- are weak enough that I have to do 20 wall push-ups, because I can't do 20 modified or real push-ups. And I can only do like 2-3 circuits instead of 5. But I'm going to work at getting to those 5 circuits, over time!

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don’t know..
    This is good, thank you but..
    60-80% of what I eat is carb.
    What can I eat instead?
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I don’t know..
    This is good, thank you but..
    60-80% of what I eat is carb.
    What can I eat instead?
    Veggies and fruit and meat and eggs!

What I did to reduce carbs, was to make sure I was cooking at least one thing as a side dish to the carbs, so I'd eat less of the carb dish relative to the rest. For example, instead of 100% pasta, it would be 30% pasta, 30% meat, and 40% vegetables.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

w
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Veggies and fruit and meat and eggs!

What I did to reduce carbs, was to make sure I was cooking at least one thing as a side dish to the carbs, so I'd eat less of the carb dish relative to the rest. For example, instead of 100% pasta, it would be 30% pasta, 30% meat, and 40% vegetables.

Alright tell me some realistic recipes of veggies.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

w

The basics:

1) Any veggie you want, steamed (on the stove or in the microwave) and served, on their own or with salt/pepper
    2) Any veggie you want, cooked in oil or butter on the stove, served with salt and pepper and maybe some spices, a little sauce, cheese
    3) Cooking veggies in the same pan where you're cooking meat, so they soak up the juice
    4) Tossing veggies in olive oil, spreading them out on a baking tray, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and spices, and baking them until they're tender
    5) Adding veggies to whatever veggie-less dish you're making, or upping the amount of veggies in the dish and reducing the amount of everything else, using the same amount of spices/sauce

Likes Mademoiselle liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

w

I almost never use actual recipes... But, I generally roast, or stir fry mine. I love zucchini that has been sauteed with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Brussell sprouts are great tossed in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, and parmesan cheese then roasted. I like green beans plain steamed... Kale chips are another favorite of mine. Spinach is pretty easy to add to a lot of things because it wilts down so much. I also like getting creative with salads.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Mademoiselle liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The basics:

1) Any veggie you want, steamed (on the stove or in the microwave) and served, on their own or with salt/pepper
    2) Any veggie you want, cooked in oil or butter on the stove, served with salt and pepper and maybe some spices, a little sauce, cheese
    3) Cooking veggies in the same pan where you're cooking meat, so they soak up the juice
    4) Tossing veggies in olive oil, spreading them out on a baking tray, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and spices, and baking them until they're tender
    5) Adding veggies to whatever veggie-less dish you're making, or upping the amount of veggies in the dish and reducing the amount of everything else, using the same amount of spices/sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I almost never use actual recipes... But, I generally roast, or stir fry mine. I love zucchini that has been sauteed with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Brussell sprouts are great tossed in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, and parmesan cheese then roasted. I like green beans plain steamed... Kale chips are another favorite of mine. Spinach is pretty easy to add to a lot of things because it wilts down so much. I also like getting creative with salads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You guys are awesome
    Thanks chefs
    *hugs*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post