ISTP
    Enneagram

Default Chemotherapy

Let's talk about
    Chemotherapy.

Anything you have to say about it.

Fucking Hemorrhoids.
    I never knew thee held such terror!...
    Sitting down becomes a problematic intricately-planned multi-stage endeavor, at best.
    I don't ever leave bed unless I have to. I sit and stink and fester in bed until dark horrors writhe and grow terrible from my body and rip the world asunder.
    And only then;
    CLEAR MY SCHEDULE, JANET:
    I am going to attempt to sit down now.

And once I've sat down -
    Fuck every stupid dumb shithead dumb person who ever lived if they think I'll ever get up for any reason EVER again.

And let me describe the intricate tapestry of the GEOGRAPHY of the hemorrhoids of my asshole...
    Like a Swiss mountain range. Such valleys and peaks, such soaring splendor! such piquant NUANCE... Like plate tectonics. Oh boy golly!
    Forget everything you knew about hemorrhoids!

...and let's talk about ANAL FISSURES.
    GAMECHANGER.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I know very little about chemo therapy. Thank you for starting this thread. I'm very sorry if you have to go through this. With so many undergoing chemo in the world, I'd love to be better aware of the effects it has.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Chemotherapy sucks. I'm sorry you're having to go through it. My mom has had it twice, ten years apart, for unrelated cancers. The first time she tolerated it pretty well, but this last time it was brutal. I don't know if it was a stronger type or what- she doesn't tell me much about her treatment. I think she's only going through the treatment to get us off her back anyway. She had horrible swelling all over her body. Her legs looked like tree stumps. And she's not a large woman (she's about 5'5 130). If she had hemorrhoids she didn't tell me about it, but I wouldn't expect her to.

My sister-in-law was a lot more upfront about her experiences with chemo. She had A/B, Gemzar, Xeloda, and a couple more I am forgetting. The A/B I think was the worst for her. The Xeloda was pretty mild; I think it only made her tired. What kind are you taking?

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Some interesting and possibly relevant information from the National Cancer Institute:

"Laboratory studies have shown the following:

Treatment with high-dose vitamin C slowed the growth and spread of prostate, pancreatic, liver, colon, malignant mesothelioma, neuroblastoma, and other types of cancer cells.

Combining high-dose vitamin C with certain types of chemotherapy may be more effective than chemotherapy alone:
    Ascorbic acid with arsenic trioxide may be more effective in ovarian cancer cells.
    Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine may be more effective in pancreatic cancer cells.
    Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) may be more effective in malignant mesothelioma cells.

Another laboratory study suggested that combining high-dose vitamin C with radiation therapy killed more glioblastoma multiforme cells than radiation therapy alone.

However, not all laboratory studies combining vitamin C with anticancer therapies have shown benefit. Combining dehydroascorbic acid, a particular form of vitamin C, with chemotherapy made it less effective in killing some kinds of cancer cells."

Questions and Answers About High-Dose Vitamin C
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Oh Dannik I'm sorry you are going through this.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I'm very versed in this area. I'm an organic chemist and my work is directly linked with chemotherapy. Mainly, we seek to synthesize and develop new novel chemotherapy agents.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari