• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This is getting ridiculous!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a skinny guy everywhere except my belly. Why do I have a low-hanging stomach when the rest of me is so thin?

Besides fixing that one thing, I would like to be healthier, and have not paid much attention to fitness in the past. What can I do and how long before I notice something in the way I feel/look?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How old are you if I may ask ? Do you do any sport ?

I have the same kind of problem as you : I'm thin but my breast is not at the right place, mainly when I wanna sleep on my belly :dry:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How old are you if I may ask ? Do you do any sport ?

I have the same kind of problem as you : I'm thin but my breast is not at the right place, mainly when I wanna sleep on my belly :dry:
I am 18. I did bowling in high school.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say a good start would be to start going on runs. :thinking:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Just turning off your computer and going outside would be a good start.

Chthonic

Cortisol, the stress hormone is associated with abdomenal fat. Your posts on here suggest that you are presently dealing with stressful situations. Some exercise would do good for both.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cortisol, the stress hormone is associated with abdomenal fat. Your posts on here suggest that you are presently dealing with stressful situations. Some exercise would do good for both.

…
My best is never good enough…
At least with disability, I might be able to barely take care of myself on tax dollars, but I am now part of the problem I need to solve.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just the way you're built. My boyfriend is the same way, slender limbs and if he gains weight it's in his torso.

Any kind of cardio should work. Endorphin boost is an immediate gain - will make you feel happier for at least an hour or so and can ease depression overall when performed regularly over time. Body-wise, depends on how often you do it. I'd recommend starting with 30 minutes every other day. An easy way to start is just walking, then alternating periods of walking and jogging.

Lifting weights is awesome - I started a few months ago and have definitely seen results - but someone more wise in the ways of muscle anatomy and physiology than me will have to help you there. It took me about a month of lifting before seeing any change and then all of a sudden my body changed rapidly. Now I've seemed to plateau again, so I'm hoping another change will come soon.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Go Paleo. Eat more meat, fat, and veggies. Eliminate carbs and sugar. Walk 2 to 3 miles daily; weight-lifting is also a great idea.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
do whatever makes you happy if losing the tummy fat does than exercise. I might be biased though i'm not the best person to get advice on health from or physique

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drink plenty of water. Don't wildly cut food out of your diet, that does nothing. Just take up a physical hobby like swimming, running, or even walking and add time every day. You'll get used to it eventually. Just make sure you do not overwork yourself and don't make yourself miserable or resort to weird diets.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
do whatever makes you happy if losing the tummy fat does than exercise. I might be biased though i'm not the best person to get advice on health from or physique

Definately a factor…though I feel very incomplete and hippocritical, as well, and those do it more.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Definately a factor…though I feel very incomplete and hippocritical, as well, and those do it more.

whenever someone asks me how they look my first thought is usually: "why are you asking me? I like you already I don't care how you look" then I have to think about people they're gonna interact with but my default isn't how are other people besides me gonna perceive you looking like that rather I like you if you make friends i don't know if i want to share, so maybe i should lie like if you look good say you don't in hopes you'll look bad if you change or if you look bad tell you look good. not you personally just in general. i resist the urge to do that, most of the time.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just the way you're built. My boyfriend is the same way, slender limbs and if he gains weight it's in his torso.

Any kind of cardio should work. Endorphin boost is an immediate gain - will make you feel happier for at least an hour or so and can ease depression overall when performed regularly over time. Body-wise, depends on how often you do it. I'd recommend starting with 30 minutes every other day. An easy way to start is just walking, then alternating periods of walking and jogging.

Lifting weights is awesome - I started a few months ago and have definitely seen results - but someone more wise in the ways of muscle anatomy and physiology than me will have to help you there. It took me about a month of lifting before seeing any change and then all of a sudden my body changed rapidly. Now I've seemed to plateau again, so I'm hoping another change will come soon.

Thanks. I was starting to get discouraged. When did you go blue?