User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Just turning off your computer and going outside would be a good start.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Cortisol, the stress hormone is associated with abdomenal fat. Your posts on here suggest that you are presently dealing with stressful situations. Some exercise would do good for both.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Cortisol, the stress hormone is associated with abdomenal fat. Your posts on here suggest that you are presently dealing with stressful situations. Some exercise would do good for both.

My best is never good enough…
    At least with disability, I might be able to barely take care of myself on tax dollars, but I am now part of the problem I need to solve.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Just the way you're built. My boyfriend is the same way, slender limbs and if he gains weight it's in his torso.

Any kind of cardio should work. Endorphin boost is an immediate gain - will make you feel happier for at least an hour or so and can ease depression overall when performed regularly over time. Body-wise, depends on how often you do it. I'd recommend starting with 30 minutes every other day. An easy way to start is just walking, then alternating periods of walking and jogging.

Lifting weights is awesome - I started a few months ago and have definitely seen results - but someone more wise in the ways of muscle anatomy and physiology than me will have to help you there. It took me about a month of lifting before seeing any change and then all of a sudden my body changed rapidly. Now I've seemed to plateau again, so I'm hoping another change will come soon.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Go Paleo. Eat more meat, fat, and veggies. Eliminate carbs and sugar. Walk 2 to 3 miles daily; weight-lifting is also a great idea.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    yupp

do whatever makes you happy if losing the tummy fat does than exercise. I might be biased though i'm not the best person to get advice on health from or physique
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Drink plenty of water. Don't wildly cut food out of your diet, that does nothing. Just take up a physical hobby like swimming, running, or even walking and add time every day. You'll get used to it eventually. Just make sure you do not overwork yourself and don't make yourself miserable or resort to weird diets.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do whatever makes you happy if losing the tummy fat does than exercise. I might be biased though i'm not the best person to get advice on health from or physique
    Definately a factor…though I feel very incomplete and hippocritical, as well, and those do it more.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Definately a factor…though I feel very incomplete and hippocritical, as well, and those do it more.
    whenever someone asks me how they look my first thought is usually: "why are you asking me? I like you already I don't care how you look" then I have to think about people they're gonna interact with but my default isn't how are other people besides me gonna perceive you looking like that rather I like you if you make friends i don't know if i want to share, so maybe i should lie like if you look good say you don't in hopes you'll look bad if you change or if you look bad tell you look good. not you personally just in general. i resist the urge to do that, most of the time.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Just the way you're built. My boyfriend is the same way, slender limbs and if he gains weight it's in his torso.

Any kind of cardio should work. Endorphin boost is an immediate gain - will make you feel happier for at least an hour or so and can ease depression overall when performed regularly over time. Body-wise, depends on how often you do it. I'd recommend starting with 30 minutes every other day. An easy way to start is just walking, then alternating periods of walking and jogging.

Lifting weights is awesome - I started a few months ago and have definitely seen results - but someone more wise in the ways of muscle anatomy and physiology than me will have to help you there. It took me about a month of lifting before seeing any change and then all of a sudden my body changed rapidly. Now I've seemed to plateau again, so I'm hoping another change will come soon.
    Thanks. I was starting to get discouraged. When did you go blue?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan