• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

post your home remedies for colds

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I took dayquil but I'm still sneezing like crazy (and it's worse cuz it flies out my nose but then swings back around and lands in my face) and my throat is sort of sore. I know lemon honey tea for the throat, but I still need to stop sneezing

plus this might be a good reference for people in the future.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I tried this yesterday and today and the symptoms haven't progressed so this might actually work. I felt pressure in my left sinus and my left eye yesterday morning and my right nostril started to run, so I began taking 1 gram of Vitamin C each hour every hour. I ended up taking about 12 to 14 grams of Vitamin C yesterday; today, the symptoms have improved but they're still there. I've continued taking 1 gram of Vitamin C each hour today.

I don't know if Vitamin C will help if you already have the cold but if it's just starting, it might work.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CHINESE BALM. On your tissue before blowing your nose.

It also works pretty well against headache on your temples. And on (almost) all muscles after some intense activities/sports.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
where do and what is chinese balm?

Menthol, Eucaliptus, pinus pinaster oil, limonene, camphor.

Try it ! All natural and unblocks your nose straight away.

But be careful, if you don't wanna be like on the picture , only use a small amount of the product.

nose.jpg

You can get it in a Bio/ Beauty or Health Care Shop.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I took dayquil but I'm still sneezing like crazy (and it's worse cuz it flies out my nose but then swings back around and lands in my face) and my throat is sort of sore. I know lemon honey tea for the throat, but I still need to stop sneezing

plus this might be a good reference for people in the future.

Benadryl will help the sneezing.

gromit

likes this
I drink emergen-C/store brand version when I can feel cold symptoms/sore throat coming on. That plus a couple solid nights of sleep seems to work most of the time for defeating them before they take hold.

I also like to drink boiled ginger with lemon for a sore throat.

Emergen-C also works great for a hangover. Drink one before bed and one first thing in the AM.

gromit

likes this
I drink emergen-C/store brand version when I can feel cold symptoms/sore throat coming on. That plus a couple solid nights of sleep seems to work most of the time for defeating them before they take hold.

I also like to drink boiled ginger with lemon for a sore throat.

Emergen-C also works great for a hangover. Drink one before bed and one first thing in the AM.

And it has occurred to me that it could be a placebo and that it's really just the good nights sleep, but, in these instances, I'm happy to use the placebo if it works!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I went to the store for some chocolate soy milk (I keep a grocery card solely for groceries, so no matter what I can eat, things that I have to make sure I have money for is rent, electric, internet, water, gas, and food) and I could afford cold meds with grocery card but as you can't buy alcohol using it i wasn't sure about cold meds and the kind i could afford on my debit card was cherry and i'd rather suffer than drink cherry flavored cold syrup. so I figure I feel slightly better than I did earlier I'm just gonna try and ride this out maybe make some tea.

plus there's like 50 different kinds. I'm just like i want my throat to fill better and not be so stuffy.

gromit

likes this
I went to the store for some chocolate soy milk (I keep a grocery card solely for groceries, so no matter what I can eat, things that I have to make sure I have money for is rent, electric, internet, water, gas, and food) and I could afford cold meds with grocery card but as you can't buy alcohol using it i wasn't sure about cold meds and the kind i could afford on my debit card was cherry and i'd rather suffer than drink cherry flavored cold syrup. so I figure I feel slightly better than I did earlier I'm just gonna try and ride this out maybe make some tea.

plus there's like 50 different kinds. I'm just like i want my throat to fill better and not be so stuffy.

Tea is good, and the ginger lemon I posted really does soothe a sore throat!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Tea is good, and the ginger lemon I posted really does soothe a sore throat!

I'm drinking lemon honey tea now. though I should;ve gotten honey cuz i didn't have enough honey and i keep meaning to buy some.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
And it has occurred to me that it could be a placebo and that it's really just the good nights sleep, but, in these instances, I'm happy to use the placebo if it works!

Vitamin C helps fortify the immune system, it's legit.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do the Vitamin C thing too, and also I take some garlic. It's very unpleasant, but when I was growing up my mom always used to cut up a clove of garlic and make me swallow it in a spoonful of yogurt when I was getting sick. So it's sort of a habit. I have no idea if it works but it's better than doing nothing. I also take Coricidin HBP for the symptoms since I'm on BP meds.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I do the Vitamin C thing too, and also I take some garlic. It's very unpleasant, but when I was growing up my mom always used to cut up a clove of garlic and make me swallow it in a spoonful of yogurt when I was getting sick. So it's sort of a habit. I have no idea if it works but it's better than doing nothing. I also take Coricidin HBP for the symptoms since I'm on BP meds.

my grandpa used to eat a clove a garlic a day, for his health.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My mom and your grandpa would be BFFs.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A piping hot bowl of homemade broth with lots of chopped scallions, and a mug of hot water with lots of crushed ginger roots and palm sugar.

Vitamin C is counter-productive if the person suffers from low blood pressure! Vitamin C causes thickening of the arteries, and so an urgent large dose of C to somebody with low blood pressure is the quickest way to bring them to death, especially when they're already weak.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm on day 3 of megadosing on Vitamin C (one gram every hour) at the first signs of a cold. I'm not getting that cold; the symptoms have largely disappeared (no more runny nose; no more stuffed up left sinus). Also, there are no documented deaths from Vitamin C at any dose; it's safer than water.