User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I went to the store for some chocolate soy milk (I keep a grocery card solely for groceries, so no matter what I can eat, things that I have to make sure I have money for is rent, electric, internet, water, gas, and food) and I could afford cold meds with grocery card but as you can't buy alcohol using it i wasn't sure about cold meds and the kind i could afford on my debit card was cherry and i'd rather suffer than drink cherry flavored cold syrup. so I figure I feel slightly better than I did earlier I'm just gonna try and ride this out maybe make some tea.

plus there's like 50 different kinds. I'm just like i want my throat to fill better and not be so stuffy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I went to the store for some chocolate soy milk (I keep a grocery card solely for groceries, so no matter what I can eat, things that I have to make sure I have money for is rent, electric, internet, water, gas, and food) and I could afford cold meds with grocery card but as you can't buy alcohol using it i wasn't sure about cold meds and the kind i could afford on my debit card was cherry and i'd rather suffer than drink cherry flavored cold syrup. so I figure I feel slightly better than I did earlier I'm just gonna try and ride this out maybe make some tea.

plus there's like 50 different kinds. I'm just like i want my throat to fill better and not be so stuffy.
    Tea is good, and the ginger lemon I posted really does soothe a sore throat!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Tea is good, and the ginger lemon I posted really does soothe a sore throat!
    I'm drinking lemon honey tea now. though I should;ve gotten honey cuz i didn't have enough honey and i keep meaning to buy some.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    And it has occurred to me that it could be a placebo and that it's really just the good nights sleep, but, in these instances, I'm happy to use the placebo if it works!
    Vitamin C helps fortify the immune system, it's legit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I do the Vitamin C thing too, and also I take some garlic. It's very unpleasant, but when I was growing up my mom always used to cut up a clove of garlic and make me swallow it in a spoonful of yogurt when I was getting sick. So it's sort of a habit. I have no idea if it works but it's better than doing nothing. I also take Coricidin HBP for the symptoms since I'm on BP meds.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I do the Vitamin C thing too, and also I take some garlic. It's very unpleasant, but when I was growing up my mom always used to cut up a clove of garlic and make me swallow it in a spoonful of yogurt when I was getting sick. So it's sort of a habit. I have no idea if it works but it's better than doing nothing. I also take Coricidin HBP for the symptoms since I'm on BP meds.
    my grandpa used to eat a clove a garlic a day, for his health.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My mom and your grandpa would be BFFs.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

A piping hot bowl of homemade broth with lots of chopped scallions, and a mug of hot water with lots of crushed ginger roots and palm sugar.

Vitamin C is counter-productive if the person suffers from low blood pressure! Vitamin C causes thickening of the arteries, and so an urgent large dose of C to somebody with low blood pressure is the quickest way to bring them to death, especially when they're already weak.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INFJ

Smoke a phat bowl.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm on day 3 of megadosing on Vitamin C (one gram every hour) at the first signs of a cold. I'm not getting that cold; the symptoms have largely disappeared (no more runny nose; no more stuffed up left sinus). Also, there are no documented deaths from Vitamin C at any dose; it's safer than water.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.