User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is such a great thread. I had no idea it did as much as it does and my ENFJ is figuring out more and more. I should have bought one for myself when I got his.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I'm most fond of the multiple alarms. Keeps me from losing time.

The pedometer and calorie tracking is useful but if that's the only thing you want to use it for, there are cheaper alternatives.

Oh! And the sleep tracking! That was a bonus. Helped prove some suspicions I had about my restlessness.

Considering how cheap I got it (almost half price on eBay), having something provide concrete evidence of my dubious health habits was worth it. It autosyncs and packages everything up very nicely for you.

Out of curiosity what are you restlessness periods like? So far-less than two weeks-I tend to be restless 10-15 times a night for between 1-3 mins each with several waking moments too. Averages at 30 mins of restlessness each night and it has recorded some of the wake ups too, some it has just recorded wakes as restlessness though so it's not perfect.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Out of curiosity what are you restlessness periods like? So far-less than two weeks-I tend to be restless 10-15 times a night for between 1-3 mins each with several waking moments too. Averages at 30 mins of restlessness each night and it has recorded some of the wake ups too, some it has just recorded wakes as restlessness though so it's not perfect.
    My dash says that on average, I am restless ~11 times when I do sleep. Each lasting between 3-5 minutes and varying between ~1.5 hours and 30 minute increments. I'm guessing part of that (the 1.5) includes REM cycles.

But really, my average is misleading. Some nights I have wake/restlessness every 15 minutes (30+ awake/restless) while others are pure blue with only 2-3 spikes early on. They consistently only last a few minutes though.

I read that it determines wake/restless based on the vigrousness of movement and you can set it to be more or less sensitive somewhere in the dash. Stretching out might register as restless and turning over as awake, for example.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Tbh, the little "You need to get more rest!" alerts are kinda cute.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Tbh, the little "You need to get more rest!" alerts are kinda cute.

Oh really? I don't get those! I have had pretty good sleep recently though around 7-7.5 hours a night... not sure if that included the 'restlessness' though... probably gonna take a screenshot of my weekly reports for posterity and throw them in my blog
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh really? I don't get those! I have had pretty good sleep recently though around 7-7.5 hours a night... not sure if that included the 'restlessness' though... probably gonna take a screenshot of my weekly reports for posterity and throw them in my blog
    You have to check the free reports. It gives a breakdown of your averages, compares it to people in the same demographic group, all whilst giving a little spiel on the importance of having healthy numbers. Mine has a lot of pinkish red text. If you're getting 7-7.5 consistently, you'll likely have less of it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

wait...

there is a device out there that KNOWS when you wake up?

and HOW MANY TIMES.

I FEEL SO OUT OF THE LOOP.

I NEED THIS GODLY OBJECT.

Just for it to tell me that Im a good sleeper.

>w>

<w<
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You have to check the free reports. It gives a breakdown of your averages, compares it to people in the same demographic group, all whilst giving a little spiel on the importance of having healthy numbers. Mine has a lot of pinkish red text. If you're getting 7-7.5 consistently, you'll likely have less of it.

Yah my recent sleep patterns are likely to be a tad misleading since I have periods where i sleep 4-6 hours a night ...well what i mean is i go to bed for that period... I do not yet know my 'restlessness/awake' spates with that. I am definately in a good sleep pattern at the moment though... but yes totally up for seeing comparative demographics!!!!! Where do i find those? on the webpage? I have had some badges and a weekly report (just of own stats) sent to me via email. Some of the badges are pretty funny and or patronising... 'Well done you walked your first 5,000 steps in a day!' lol i wrecked the flights of stairs thing today as I walked up all the escalators on the tube and took the underground emergency steps which is quite a few flights... ended up racking 43 flights of stairs which was pretty cool.

Also....YES @evilrubberduckie .... it really does exist.... you must endeavour to procure one... they are super awesome sauce.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Am actually buying my husband one for xmas and possibly my mother too as she has a heart condition and it will be a great way to monitor her heart and get her to take it easy when necessary!

I'm still in love with mine... had not such a great week this last week but still a deficit of over 3000 calories for the week so still loosing weight. back to 5000 deficit per week again now. woop. I'm nearly half way to my goal.

@HelenOfTroy

I got a fit bit today! So far, it seems really cool ... especially at enabling my habit of checking my heart rate compulsively.