User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

Uh… that’s just, incorrect.
    Incorrect? Incorrect? My dear Mademoiselle?

I understand mbti was created by two Americans Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers. Mbti is imbued with American values posing as universal values.

And increasingly we can see on Typology Central that criticism of American values or mbti is increasingly sidelined by the expedient of claiming such criticism is 'off topic' or sent to the Graveyard.

For instance, the administrator and owner himself advises we read that archtypical American tract, How to Win Friends and Influence People, which promulagates the very worst of American values.

At the same time it is true we could be promulgating the very best of American values such as freedom of speech, creativity in thought, language, and music and art, self confidence and personal energy, a secular government that guarantees freedom of religion or none.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

I understand mbti was created by two Americans Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers. Mbti is imbued with American values posing as universal values.

And increasingly we can see on Typology Central that criticism of American values or mbti is increasingly sidelined by the expedient of claiming such criticism is 'off topic' or sent to the Graveyard.

For instance, the administrator and owner himself advises we read that archtypical American tract, How to Win Friends and Influence People, which promulagates the very worst of American values.

At the same time it is true we could be promulgating the very best of American values such as freedom of speech, creativity in thought, language, and music and art, self confidence and personal energy, a secular government that guarantees freedom of religion or none.
    This thread is about why American men age faster, not about MBTI or book recommendations of the site owner. Feel free to start a separate thread about either of those things.

I'd say it's lifestyle, stress. lack of exercise, not enough sleep, poor diet. Processed foods are probably one of the worst things ever invented.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes BadOctopus, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

+1 on the poor diet and lack of exercise. A person doesn't have to be overweight to be, and look, unhealthy.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

Whatever this is not even a reason to support what you said.
    *Face palm*
    MBTI is not a type indicator for americans.
    And this forum is not only about americans.
    It’s about humans.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

processed food, high work load, plus a high sense of competitiveness

Diet and lifestyle seem to be the main reasons, men and women a like.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'd say it's lifestyle, stress. lack of exercise, not enough sleep, poor diet. Processed foods are probably one of the worst things ever invented.
    And nothing at all to do with the Protestant Work Ethic. And nothing to do with the belief that prosperity is sign of God's grace, and nothing at all to do with the belief that poverty is a sign of God's disfavour.

And nothing to do with the historical fact that the USA is based on print, and so based on the literate individual face to face now with etribes in the global village.

And nothing at all to do with the fact that literate America exploded outwards, but now electronic America is imploding inwards.

So we might conclude that American men are being torn to pieces between the outside and the inside. And this is why they flock to sites dealing with extroversion and introversion, the inner and the outer.

Can Typology Central save the American male?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Likes Hard liked this post