User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 71

  1. #61
    EvanTheClown (ETC) Clownmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Just started less than 2 months ago, first time doing any sort of work-out.
    2x a week, right now curling 20 pound weights, and when I do leg-presses its low weight with a shitload of repetitions. I want to fill out the muscle I have before working on bulking it up.

    Being in weight training class in college is going to keep me with the program, and i'm taking it again next semester. By then I should have it routine.

    Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

  2. #62
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    Right now I'm building, so If I get all my school work done and my job doesn't interfere, then I do a 3-day split and rest on Wednesdays.

    Sundays and Thursdays - Back and Biceps
    Mondays and Fridays - Pecs, Triceps, and Shoulders
    Tuesdays and Saturdays - Legs and Cardio

    When I'm cutting, I just add one more Cardio day and go on Wednesday.

    Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot. I work a different core muscle everyday.

    Sundays and Thursdays - Lower Back (of course)

    Mondays and Fridays - Obliques

    Thursdays and Saturdays - Abdominals

    And if its just a cardio day, then I work all of them.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Loxias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I am not an intense weightlifter or anything as I don't have the money to afford the necessary facilities. But my routine goes like this :

    3/7 days : arm curl with 20kg dumbells, as well as other exercices that I don't know the name of but mainly focus on upper arms, shoulders, pectorals and upper back with those dumbells.
    3/7 days : 3x20 push ups, 3x40 ab crunches, 2x4 pull ups (on some shitty ridgepole in the backyard).

    As of cardio I cycle about 20km to school and back 4 days a week, and also cycle to friends places (I don't have a car).

    Any advices on good training or ideas when on very low budget?
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

  4. #64
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Alright. I'm curious if there are any other people, guys and girls, that are lifting weights. It's hard to be on the body building forum and the MBTI forum all the time.

    I hoping to find some lifters here that I can befriend
    Alright! Where are you??
    I've been a dedicated powerlifter/weightlifter/bodybuilder for 20 years.





    My preferred workout schedule is 5 days per week; the past year I have only been able to go 3 times per week, but I do an hour of cardio in each session and then lift, so it kind of evens out.

    I'm 6'1" tall, and currently 230 pounds. In my "prime" I was 245 pounds at age 26, working out twice per day, and sleeping for 10 hours per day. At this point in the game I am in maintenance mode, as I am 36 years old, and there is no way I can get bigger, so now it is time to get as lean as possible and to prevent injuries.

    I've had arthroscopic surgery on both of my shoulders. I've had a SLAP tear repair in my left shoulder. I've had a PRP injection into my right elbow to resolve golfer's tendon.

    But I am still at it. I still eat an isometric whole foods diet and 5 medium meals per day. I use the BSN supplements with some regularity and whey protein, that's it.

    Bodybuilding has benefitted every aspect of my life. It has taught me that it is possible to improve my health and my physique with the right combination of research, practice, exertion, effort, and persistence. It has taught me discipline. I am now able to apply the same principles and methods to causing change in my immediate environment. It is something I have never tired of, it has always been fun for me.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  5. #65
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I've been a dedicated powerlifter/weightlifter/bodybuilder for 20 years.

    My preferred workout schedule is 5 days per week; the past year I have only been able to go 3 times per week, but I do an hour of cardio in each session and then lift, so it kind of evens out.

    I'm 6'1" tall, and currently 230 pounds. In my "prime" I was 245 pounds at age 26, working out twice per day, and sleeping for 10 hours per day. At this point in the game I am in maintenance mode, as I am 36 years old, and there is no way I can get bigger, so now it is time to get as lean as possible and to prevent injuries.

    I've had arthroscopic surgery on both of my shoulders. I've had a SLAP tear repair in my left shoulder. I've had a PRP injection into my right elbow to resolve golfer's tendon.

    But I am still at it. I still eat an isometric whole foods diet and 5 medium meals per day. I use the BSN supplements with some regularity and whey protein, that's it.

    Bodybuilding has benefitted every aspect of my life. It has taught me that it is possible to improve my health and my physique with the right combination of research, practice, exertion, effort, and persistence. It has taught me discipline. I am now able to apply the same principles and methods to causing change in my immediate environment. It is something I have never tired of, it has always been fun for me.
    Show off... And you didn't even point him to the fitness threads...:rolli:




    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-contest.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ng-thread.html

    And a group about such things: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?groupid=62

  6. #66
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Show off... And you didn't even point him to the fitness threads...:rolli:




    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-contest.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ng-thread.html

    And a group about such things: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?groupid=62
    One day I'll overcome being bashful, hopefully.

    There's alot of great lifting advice in the links Biaxident posted above.

    Biaxident gave me a battery of exercises to perform that allowed me to break a plateau while stabilizing my [over the hill] shoulders and elbow.

    I'm also fond of Wolfy's lifting advice, direct, effective, and brutal, but in a good way.

    I've got some passages of lifting/nutrition advice too in my personal thread, in response to questions by forum members.

    It's time to get huge people!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Nice Halla! You must be extremely disciplined... I'm jealous.

    As for Loxias - you can do a lot with 20kg dumbbells... can work just about every muscle. You'd only need a gym depending on your goals which you haven't mentioned. If you want to be like Halla... yeah you'd probably need a gym, haha, but for the regular tone guy with some muscles.. you can do a lot with those dumb bells.
    75% is diet, 25% is workout. If you want to get big, you have to eat big..

  8. #68
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Nice Halla! You must be extremely disciplined... I'm jealous.
    Thank you! I'd like to pretend it's discipline, but its more so a healthy outlet for my OCD/ADHD-ESTP-7w8-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    As for Loxias - you can do a lot with 20kg dumbbells... can work just about every muscle.
    TRUTH.

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    75% is diet, 25% is workout. If you want to get big, you have to eat big..
    Nicely put. Many forget how important food is. Enough food, the right foods, in the right combinations, at the right intervals, not just drinking a protein shake after your workout.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I like Kettlebells, Clubbells, and TacFit (from Scott Sonnon.) I do some Hammer Strength as well.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

  10. #70
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Nicely put. Many forget how important food is. Enough food, the right foods, in the right combinations, at the right intervals, not just drinking a protein shake after your workout.
    All the protein shakes weird me out. Is it possible to build muscle eating real food (not just egg whites, either)?

    I get that you need protein to build muscle, but I don't understand why eggs/milk/meat/fish/yogurt/legumes/etc is not enough. The cavemen did ok without protein shakes. They are also super expensive. And I have been taught that eating too much protein is very hard on your kidneys, and that excessive protein just passes through you, accomplishing nothing but stressing your kidneys and spending money.
    -end of thread-

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Nonverbal ques and body language
    By Lissa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 01:49 AM
  2. [ENFP] Music Moves The Mind (and Body!)
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
  3. Brain types and body functions
    By jixmixfix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 05:02 AM
  4. temperaments and body language
    By mippus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO