First 34567 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I do every other day pretty much, but I would imagine the more serious gym rats can get it up to like 5 days a week with problems. It's about listening to your body. I would take it slow early on.
    I used to be a gym rat. Went to one gym in the am and the other in the pm. I was super fit but injured my foot running. I am trying to work my way back to once a day M-F. I do miss my old gym but won't go back because I outgrew it. A friend of mine still trains there. Her classes are the best in town.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ

In an update, I have blasted my delts into another time zone. It hurts to move anything but my fingers right now.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Ibuprofen and stretch out in bed and try not to move until morning.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm very casual about it, but yes, I have a gym membership (accidentally gave me 50 years too many on it, hehe) and I lift weights there. I typically go about 3-4 times a week, though that'll probably become less regular when school starts again.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I have a question. In the past, trainers have told me that I should only work out with weights no more than three times a week. That your muscles need a day to heal before tearing them up again otherwise working out will not be as effective. Is this correct?
    most trainers do not know shit. it really is laughable how easy it is to become a "trainer".

they should of told you "it depends...on your training experience, protein and supplment intake. Also it depends on the nature of the exercise (deadlifts vs bicep curls), your volume per workout, your macro workout plan for the year, your micro mini plans you may have planned etc...."

they were taking the easy way out by telling you no more than 3 times a week. it really does depend. i had really good results working out full body 3 to 4 days a week...depending on where the everyother day fell...that included deadlifting from a deficit on every one of those days. it works for me because i work best with low volume and high frequency. i also did this as an intense part of a macro cycel...i obviously dont do that year round.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I've been lifting weights since I was 19 (now I'm 22), but I haven't followed a systematic program. I'm very constant in my habit, however I do not feel the need to become more muscular than I already am (I'm a mesomorph). I can bench around 180 pounds, deadlift around 250, and squat around 250 aswell (I don't go over these weights b/c I workout in my garage, usually alone, and I fear that using heavier weights could cause me sudden injuries).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I work out five days a week.

Week 1 - I generally hover around 3 sets of 6 reps with a pump set of 25 after
    Week 2 - I generally hover around 4 sets of 12

I rotate week 1 and week 2

Monday - Chest/Tricepts
    Tuesday - Sprinting (Legs)
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Shoulders/Traps/Abs
    Friday - Back/bicepts
    Saturday - this is my day for hitting whatever wasn't hit during the week
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ

WYST!!! its PHB from FC!! whatever happend to that site? so anyways..its great to see you here!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Alright. I'm curious if there are any other people, guys and girls, that are lifting weights. It's hard to be on the body building forum and the MBTI forum all the time.

I hoping to find some lifters here that I can befriend
    Alright! Where are you??
    Formerly very fit Now i'm in a state of laziness. Used to weigh around 125 kilos (a little more than 275 lbs). I worked out for 2-3 hours 5 times a week.
    Mixed martial arts 2 days, running/swimming/jogging etc 1 day, weight lifting 2 days. And a lot of food. Kept this up until I joined the army a couple of years back, then I hurt my leg a couple of months into recruit training and then I wasn't supposed to use my leg very much for six months. Then I lost a lot of weight and also became quite lazy.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I can bench around 180 pounds, deadlift around 250, and squat around 250 aswell (I don't go over these weights b/c I workout in my garage, usually alone, and I fear that using heavier weights could cause me sudden injuries).
    Smart. It's just an opinion, but according to how I work, the mind gets stronger a lot faster than the body does. That kind of increases the chances of injury.
    I did just that mistake once (in the beginning where the increase in strength is kinda rapid) and I had to pause for about a week. Being impetuos is kind of general to most ENTJ's I have encountered, so it might be a good idea to remain careful.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come