User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Yes! Ahh CzeCze. Not only are you a female ENFP but a WEIGHTLIFTING female ENFP

Girls that lift weights are very sexy.

You're right! Weight lifting is a great way to lose weight, man or woman. For the girls that say "I'll get all muscley". Tell them that they'd have to eat about 3000 cals a day and lift weights for at least 2 years to shed the fat and start looking 'muscley'. Gaining muscle is NOT easy. Especially for women. Fortunately losing fat is easier.
    Tell me about it...even when I was going to the gym on a regular basis, I would lose fat like crazy and get stronger, but gain muscle mass??? Forget it!!! And I tried everything...more reps, less weight; more weight, less reps; more weight, more reps. GAHH!

Now I've gotten lazy and go only once or twice a week - that I understand. But when I go 4-5 times a week and all that - GRRR! IT's demotivating.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Tell me about it...even when I was going to the gym on a regular basis, I would lose fat like crazy and get stronger, but gain muscle mass??? Forget it!!! And I tried everything...more reps, less weight; more weight, less reps; more weight, more reps. GAHH!

Now I've gotten lazy and go only once or twice a week - that I understand. But when I go 4-5 times a week and all that - GRRR! IT's demotivating.
    Do you get a lot of protein in your diet?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you get a lot of protein in your diet?
    Hmm, depends on what you mean by "a lot." If you mean like 200g a day - no. If you mean 30g-40g a day - yes.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hmm, depends on what you mean by "a lot." If you mean like 200g a day - no. If you mean 30g-40g a day - yes.
    You could get that up to 60-90 grams of protein a day as a female if you are doing strength training several times a week. That may help.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Weight lifting is a big part of my workout routine. Taking a break for a bit though cause itís less fun then it should be at the moment

MBTI
    xNFP

You could get that up to 60-90 grams of protein a day as a female if you are doing strength training several times a week. That may help.
    WOW, really??? Cool

Question is - how do I do that without ingesting thousands of grams of fat?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I have a question. In the past, trainers have told me that I should only work out with weights no more than three times a week. That your muscles need a day to heal before tearing them up again otherwise working out will not be as effective. Is this correct?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ

WOW, really??? Cool

Question is - how do I do that without ingesting thousands of grams of fat?
    I like Met-RX Protein Plus bars as a meal replacement for lunch. 32 grams of protein for each 85-gram bar. 330 Calories, 9 grams of fat, 80 Calories from fat. Also, I tend to eat like six small meals a day, so I like to snack on peanuts or almonds in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Beans are another good source.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I have a question. In the past, trainers have told me that I should only work out with weights no more than three times a week. That your muscles need a day to heal before tearing them up again otherwise working out will not be as effective. Is this correct?
    I do every other day pretty much, but I would imagine the more serious gym rats can get it up to like 5 days a week with problems. It's about listening to your body. I would take it slow early on.

MBTI
    xNFP

I like Met-RX Protein Plus bars as a meal replacement for lunch. 32 grams of protein for each 85-gram bar. 330 Calories, 9 grams of fat, 80 Calories from fat. Also, I tend to eat like six small meals a day, so I like to snack on peanuts or almonds in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Beans are another good source.
    Wow, impressive. Those things are healthy for you? I was never sure, so I steered clear of them.

However, the six small meals is a really cool idea. I think that is definitely healthier. I also find not eating after 6 pm is also good for me.