User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Im 5'8 moderately skinny not as skinny as you but still def trying to pack on the weight, which is a lot harder than it seems it really makes you appreciate the work that people who are in great shape put in. Like you said it adds a certain structure to your life and necessitates a decent work ethic if you want to make any sort of progress.
    Awesome, bro!

Yes. Gaining weight is a lot harder than it looks. The thing that's made the biggest difference for me has been eating more. Lot's more.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default My w/o routine

Ok, AA. Here is my routine. I started doing it at the beginning of April and I've put on about 15 pounds since then.

Anyways, this is my workout that I did for the past week.

My journal (that I actually haven't been logging recently) is on IronMagazine Bodybuilding Forum - discuss bodybuilding & fitness

You can find it here. It's titled 'No Whining'.
    I've also posted some before and after pics. I used to be noticeably skinnier.

For your reference, I'm 27, 5'5" and currently weigh 145 (approx.)

tuesday - vertical push-pull

rack pulls
    235 x 5
    305 x 5
    305 x 5
    305 x 5
    305 x 4

bent-over rows
    145 x 8
    145 x 8
    145 x 8

unilateral DB rows
    65 x 10
    65 x 10
    60 x 10

incline DB press
    55 x 5
    55 x 5
    60 x 5
    60 x 5
    60 x 5

incline bench press
    125 x 8
    125 x 8
    125 x 6

DB flys
    35 x 10
    35 x 10
    35 x 10

weighted crunches on bosu ball
    75 x 8
    75 x 8
    75 x 8

standing calf raises
    bw x 8
    bw x 8
    bw x 8

wednesday - quad dominant ham accessory and bis

back squats - ATG
    195 x 5
    215 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5

front squats - ATG
    155 x 8
    155 x 8
    155 x 8

split squats
    90 x 10
    90 x 10
    90 x 0

standing BB curls
    70 x 8
    70 x 8
    70 x 8

unilateral preacher curls
    25 x 8
    27.5 x 8
    27.5 x 8

friday - vertical pull-push abs calves

weighted chins
    +35 x 5
    +35 x 5
    +35 x 5
    +35 x 5
    +35 x 5

unweighted chins
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5

unilateral lat pull-downs
    60 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 8

hang cleans
    100 x 5
    100 x 5
    100 x 5
    90 x 5
    90 x 5

unilateral corner press
    35 x 8
    35 x 8
    35 x 8

arnie press
    30 x 10
    30 x 10
    30 x 10

weighed crunches w/bosu ball
    75 x 8
    75 x 8
    75 x 8

calf press
    160 x 12
    160 x 12
    135 x 12

saturday - hamstring dominant quad accessory tris

Romanian Deadlifts
    245 x 5
    265 x 5
    265 x 5
    275 x 5
    275 x 5

Good Mornings
    125 x 8
    135 x 8 - PR - up 10 lbs
    135 x 8

leg curls
    130 x 12
    140 x 12
    140 x 12

front squats
    145 x 10
    155 x 10
    155 x 10

med. close grip bench press
    145 x 8
    145 x 8
    155 x 8

weighted dips
    35 x 8
    35 x 8
    35 x 8

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Awesome, bro!

Yes. Gaining weight is a lot harder than it looks. The thing that's made the biggest difference for me has been eating more. Lot's more.
    Man, great job Wyst, you have certainly taken this way more seriously than i have but this is very encouraging. I think my main problem these days, is not pushing myself as hard and not eating right. I tried to do this one thing that I read off of one website called the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, but I just lost weight and probably muscle too, turned out it was for guys wanting to cut up. Also it made me very weak. The only time I can work out is after a nice bowl of Kraft 76 cent macaroni and cheese or some other good energy food, but their probably is way more info on this on those forums.

Thanks alot, I am seriously going to get serious about this and that forum is awsome. At this point, I am near your before pics, but I am skinnier and less muscle, thats how bad I am. I think I need to get some before pics going right now, and start up a page over there.

again thanks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've always wanted one of these home gym set ups, this monster can do anything, but considering its "unloaded" weight is 1,322 lbs. , it would cave my old wooden floor in, and for the money that they ask for one, its really meant for the most serious of all workout fanatics. YouTube - Titan T1 The Ultimate Home Gym Fitness Equipment

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Thanks alot, I am seriously going to get serious about this and that forum is awsome. At this point, I am near your before pics, but I am skinnier and less muscle, thats how bad I am. I think I need to get some before pics going right now, and start up a page over there.

again thanks.
    Sweet dude. More power to ya

Let me know when you start and if your name is/isn't the same over there. I really haven't been forum-ing of there much over the past month and a half, but once I move up to Dallas and things settle down with the new job I'm planning on getting back there.

MBTI
    GONE

I have a friend who has the opposite problem of me. Everyone comments on how 'tiny' she is. She has a tendency to burn a lot of calories resting (damn her) and is constantly eating. She's very petite, under 100 pounds, and fits into children's size clothing (she's also cheap, so this works out for her ).

She's trying to 'get fit' which literally means get fit as in she literally has trouble lifting household things like vacuum cleaners out of the trunk of her car and carrying it back into the house and she used to get winded and tired extremely easily. She had to hold a video camera (5 pounds?) for 30 minutes once to videotape an event and her arms started shaking.

I also have another friend who is into biking and physical activity but has yet another body type and gains and holds onto fat easily and has a zaftig womanly figure (which is hilarious b/c she's a total lesbo and doesn't want no babies with her child rearing hips and she HATES the unwanted attention men give her because of her chest).

They both want me to be a work-out buddy and help motivate them.

I told both of them since our bodies are basically opposite (one ectomorph, one endomorph, me endo-mesomorph) we should just all do a lot of weight lifting. Well, I told my ectomorph friend that. She'll gain muscle, I'll slim down, we both win.

I do A LOT of weight lifting compared to the average girl. I know from experience and study as my trainers (competitive body builders and a very slender female sports medicine student) that it helps women lose weight like nobody's business. *edit* Or rather it's what shapes your body which is often what women are trying to do, not necessarily become a smaller version of your current self.

Plus, I dunno, people annoy me sometimes and I like knowing that I can lift all the heavy stuff by myself.

It helps me feel present in my body to work on its composition and function, in addition to appearance.

Um...was that even answering your OP at all?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ...CzeCze talking about how buff she's getting...

Basically, you just informed us all that you can kick our ass.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    GONE

Oh Spirilis, you already knew that.

Seriously though, with all my lady hormones and genetics I'm not sure there's enough hours in the day (or eggs in my diet) to get truly intimidating.

Maybe that's why I tend to date ladies who can bench press impressive amounts? LOL.

*edit* Seriously, if you can't throw me over your shoulder and run 1/4 of a mile, I'm not sure we can be together.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    It helps me feel present in my body to work on its composition and function, in addition to appearance.

Yes! Ahh CzeCze. Not only are you a female ENFP but a WEIGHTLIFTING female ENFP

Girls that lift weights are very sexy.

You're right! Weight lifting is a great way to lose weight, man or woman. For the girls that say "I'll get all muscley". Tell them that they'd have to eat about 3000 cals a day and lift weights for at least 2 years to shed the fat and start looking 'muscley'. Gaining muscle is NOT easy. Especially for women. Fortunately losing fat is easier.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I like to lift. I used to have some serious planned out routines when I was going about 4-5 times a week. I've chilled out a little bit, and now I like to do full body routines every time I go, 4 sets per exercise, 15, 10, 10, 8 reps, 5-6 exercises. I used to deadlift a bunch. Max was somewhere around 240. I may start than up again.