• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Swimming under water

yeghor

How many feey can you swim under water in one breath?

Today I was able to go for a 100 feet in pool.

I get out of breath when I try to swim for long distances on water though. I lack conditioning for that. There are people I know who claim to swim for 1 or 2 hours with short intermittent breaks.

So how's your on and under water swimming conditioning?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh man I suck at this. I hate the pressure on my ears. I disliked going even 10 ft. down.. I can't say I've practiced much with this, but I swear if the kid I helped in the pool as a teenager was more than 10 ft down I might have just called the lifeguard instead of helping him right away.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if i look dead as in don't move a muscle and completely relax. basically if i don't do a deep inhale before going under and don't move a muscle or tense i can stay under for a long time. I have scared people into thinking I had drowned though. vs if i do the tradiotonal underwater it's a lot less time i can spend under.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before I was a smoker, when I was very fit and healthy, I was an excellent underwater swimmer. I really need to quit. I'm sure I could swim at least 100 ft before coming up for air.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not that long at all. When I was a toddler I remember going in the bathtub, sticking my head underwater, and holding my breath for a little under a minute, I think that's the longest I've gone without taking a breath. Of course I have exercise-induced asthma/breathing problems, so holding my breath sounds like a living hell to me :(