User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    An ENTJ friend of mine always wipes down the grease off a pizza with a paper towel. If you plan to eat shitty food, do it right. Until I saw this video, I thought he was the only person within this solar system that does this. Must be his NI doing contradictory shit that only makes sense to the function user.
    I've wiped grease off of my pizza many a times.

Great, now I want pizza very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    fine as long as you're not on some high horse saying you don't eat greasy pizza.
    when you melt cheese it gets greasy... it's not just pepperoni.
    Vitamin K2 is important for our health, particularly women, because vitamin K2 transports calcium around the body away from bad spots like arteries and joints and deposits in good spots like teeth and bones.

And as our dear @Red Herring would tell us the K in K2 comes from the German word for calcium.

Unfortunately it is hard to get vitamin K2 in our food. The best source is Japanese Natto, a fermented bean. And also K2 is found in fermented cheese like gouda and brie. And vitamin K2 is also found in foie gras.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And as our dear @Red Herring would tell us the K in K2 comes from the German word for calcium.
    Sorry, it doesn't. The K comes from Koagulationvitamin as vitamin K is essential for blood coagulation. That is the name given to the vitamin both by the German journal that was the first to publish the new discovery and by its discoverer, the Danish scientist Henrik Dam. Henrik Dam and Edward Adelbert Doisy later received the Novel Price for their research.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't. The K comes from Koagulationvitamin as vitamin K is also needed for blood coagulation. That is the name given to the vitamin both by the German journal that was the first to publish the new discovery and by its discoverer, the Danish scientist Henrik Dam.
    It was a wild guess on my part, but I knew I could rely upon you to tame my wild guess.

I understood that vitamin K1 coagualates while vitamin K2 moves calcium from arteries and joints to teeth and bones.

And I mentioned your name @Red Herring because your bones will be needed to enjoy your later life and to care for Mad Herring.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    @Nocapszy I'm glad your response was to call me a crybaby and then give some kind of weird endorsement for fruit. I feel in awe of your intellect right now.
    i didn't call you a crybaby and i didn't endorse fruit. read more carefully.
    also, the irony complaining about intellectualism in a thread about pizza... just lol
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

rarely eat the stuff. but if its mass produced processed meat then I would imagine the worst thing is probably the origin of the meat itself, the preservatives and anything they use to bulk out the product. substitute for a good salami or any other type of cured meat would be a good option. the sodium levels in cured meats are a bit of a pain to deal with, but since this is pizza its probably gonna be a high on that scale anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Are you folding your pizza in half like you would a paper airplane?
    seems kind of awkward to me, certainly not how its eaten over here in the uk. surely the toppings fire out the sides of the folded bread along with the grease/oil? a highly packed pizza slice will likely leak out the side before it leaks through the base. unless you plan on shoving a whole slice in your gob in one go?
    Last edited by keto chameleon; 09-21-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What does this have to do with health and fitness? I thought your OP would be about nitrates in cured meat, and instead it's some guy calling people idiots for liking cheese pizza.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    What does this have to do with health and fitness? I thought your OP would be about nitrates in cured meat, and instead it's some guy calling people idiots for liking cheese pizza.
    It's the unknown that compels us.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    this thread was not originally posted to "health and fitness." Some mod moved it here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

does someone want to explain to me why i'm getting mobile alerts for this awful thread?
    we fukin won boys