• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

MBTI Type
ENTP
My favorite teas:

Leaf-brewed Darjeeling, occasionally with a drop of lemon. If you're ever in West Bengal, try to get some Darjeeling tea straight from the gardens... they're unmixed and make you rethink your conception of what tea is.... Assam teas are also nice.

Earl Grey blends (various Indian black teas) are alright... get boring after a while...

Dhaabaa (roadside food-stands or mini-restaurants) chai... the kind you get on the streets in India, where they have a huge vat of boiling milk with tea-leaf dross caking the bottom and sides, re-boiling and re-boiling, throwing in a couple of teaspoons of sugar occasionally... it comes out like a dream.... no 'chai tea' in the world can match a road-side Indian chai. Add ginger and a little masala if desired.

[Just wanted to point out something: "chai tea" is redundant... that's saying 'tea tea'.]

Leaf-brewed green tea.

A great tea-bag variety is Wagh-Bakri (Tiger & Goat)... masala chai... for when I don't feel like brewing...

Lipton is balls.

Some of the herbal teas are nice once in a while... but the flavorings can be grating.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kinda funny how, just when coffee overtakes tea as Britain's favourite beverage, Americans get interested in tea!

hahaha true! However, coffee is still the favorite in America. I don't drink coffee at all though. You can have mine. ;)

[Just wanted to point out something: "chai tea" is redundant... that's saying 'tea tea'.]

Lipton is balls.

Ahh, thanks for the correction. Good to know. Also, I don't mind Lipton for some reason, although it's not my first, second or third choice. But then again I mostly only have it when I go to Denny's, McDonald's or IHOP.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
For making large quantities of iced tea, I prefer Luzianne over Lipton. Sometimes it's also nice to make a big batch of some finer tea. You can't beat 3 quarts of iced chai, with a little bit of honey or sugar. :)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Turkish-style. Black, lots of sugar in a little glass, on a little saucer with endless stirring. Topped up regularly with tea and just the right amount of hot water.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's kinda funny how, just when coffee overtakes tea as Britain's favourite beverage, Americans get interested in tea!

I like both, though I prefer coffee first thing in the morning. I'm useless without my minimum of 2 cups of coffee. But I find tea as a nice mid afternoon drink.

Perseus

MBTI Type
INTP
Luaka (trade name)Tea from Ceylon is good quality. With a Chinese meals, I would serve Keemun.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Luaka (trade name)Tea from Ceylon is good quality. With a Chinese meals, I would serve Keemun.

Ahh, lovely. :)

Is that a tea pot in your avatar?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm drinking ice tea now. Had Chai Tea and milk this morning. :yes:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assam black tea makes one heavenly concoction with honey & milk. I've brewed a pot of looseleaf Assam (fresh, bought the tin on friday) around 1-1.5x strength and added 3 tsp honey & some 2% organic milk to each cup (using a big oatmeal cup here, so it's a little bigger than 8oz)

The tea's malty overtones mix well with the milk, making it taste similar to a malt milkshake.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Picks up cup and daintily crooks little finger*

Ah. Tea. Yes.

I think Earl Grey may be my favorite but I love to try all the different choices. Since I drink soverymuch of it I usually buy something inexpensive for simple kick-starting reasons.

A little sugar. . .

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I must confess I have a cultural partiality to Luziane. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I spent 2 or 3 hours and too much money in an herbal store today. I'm gonna have some fuuun making teas. :smile:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I grow my own bergamot, camomile and mint and sometimes take the trouble to brew some up. To my perception home-grown is an acquired taste.

Has anyone here ever drank mate'?