• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
today i visited this really fancy tea store and bought some matcha tea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matcha) and this blend with Golden Yunnan(really good black tea), bergamot(oil) and bits of curacao. those curacao bits doesent taste much, so its basically pretty much the same as earl gray, i think its my new favorite. i havent tasted this matcha yet, but i had other brand before and i like it really much, its just that i drink 3 cups(0.5l) of tea every morning and i dont really feel like drinking it that much and that often, not to mention that its pretty expensive(13.5€ for 40g(1.4oz)).

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
p1000893.JPG

Kousmichoff :wubbie:

Don't ask me why they have since uglified their labels :dry:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just switched from coffee to CHAI.

I loves it...yes.

chai as in plain tea, masala chai one of the many other tea related drinks called chai?

rav3n

Kind of particular about tea since I'm more of a coffee drinker. Preferences are orange spice for herbal teas, earl grey, jasmine and oolong.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like my hot tea with lots of cream and sugar, and my iced tea with no sugar at all. If it's late, I'll make myself a nice herbal tea. If not, I've got Earl Grey and English Breakfast tea right now. I have made Chai from scratch, and it was great. It's absolutely necessary I eat something with my hot tea.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yesterday I bought more tea at one go than I have ever done in my life. :) I'm off to Japan and wanted some little presents for people. Of course, tea is already a big thing in Japan. But I figured they would like English tea. :)

I also bought some Earl Grey, some regular decaf, and some English Rose (flavoured black tea) for myself. A little bit from Fortnum and Masons (the posh department store in central London, with an amazing food section) for my friend's parents-in-law, and more from Whittards of Chelsea, my favourite tea store here (also a bit cheaper than Fortnum and Masons!)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had such a great time in Japan and I am now more of a tea fan than ever... ;) Their reverence for tea borders on a religion. Which I really like, as long as you stop short of actually making it a religion. ;)

I was completely enamoured of the Starbucks Matcha Tea Latte which I had a few times over there. Of course, you can't get it outside of Japan...or at least you can't get it in the West; not sure if it's available elsewhere in Asia or whatever. I did buy a Matcha Tea Latte mix, but not a Starbucks one. It's quite good, but not as creamy. ;) Matcha tea is quite a bitter and thick green tea, btw. The combination of bitter/sweet in the latte is lovely.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried chai tea for the first time the other day - homemade by my friend - YUM

Chai tea is soooo good!

Actually, when I'm not in Japan ;) my favourite Starbucks drink is the chai tea latte. I love their version, but I tend to go elsewhere for coffee as I think there are others who do it better.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've been making earl gray fairy cakes lately.
smells so good. i just snip the tea bag and dump it all in the batter.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Chai tea is soooo good!

Actually, when I'm not in Japan ;) my favourite Starbucks drink is the chai tea latte. I love their version, but I tend to go elsewhere for coffee as I think there are others who do it better.

I like the SB tea latte fusions as well. I keep several kinds of tea in the house, but my favorite is plain old English Breakfast with honey and lemon.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I am a jasmine tea addict. If jasmine isn't available for whatever reason I tend to take variant forms of green tea (blends with roasted rice I find have the most flavour) and I never put any additives in them. If those choices are unavailable I will bend and take an orange pekoe or earl gray, but I have to load it up with milk and sugar. Bleh ;)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a jasmine tea addict. If jasmine isn't available for whatever reason I tend to take variant forms of green tea (blends with roasted rice I find have the most flavour) and I never put any additives in them. If those choices are unavailable I will bend and take an orange pekoe or earl gray, but I have to load it up with milk and sugar. Bleh ;)

Have you had the kind of jasmine tea where you have a sort of dried flower bud, you drop it on the hot water and it actually unfolds and "blooms" before your eyes? A freaky cool tea experience!

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
OMG NO! @_@ That exists?! That sounds so cool! I must investigate immediately! :D

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG NO! @_@ That exists?! That sounds so cool! I must investigate immediately! :D

:D The best way to experience it seems to be with a tall glass mug (suitable for hot liquids) or a glass teapot, etc...so you can really see it!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D The best way to experience it seems to be with a tall glass mug (suitable for hot liquids) or a glass teapot, etc...so you can really see it!

:) My friend just brought me some from China, but I have yet to enjoy them since I don't have that kind of teapot.

Display-teapot.jpg