• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really into rooibos these days. The first time I tried it a long time ago, I didn't like it but now I LOVE it. I'm going to start making my own rooibos tea bag blends. I like that I can drink it all day long and not feel guilty for having too much caffeine or worry about getting stained teeth. It's very mild in flavor and not for those who insist on strong tea. I can appreciate it. :)

I bought myself this for Christmas but I haven't used it yet. I just want to brew my tea on the go! You just dump the hot water and the loose tea leaves (or bag) in there and go. No need to wait around for it to brew. When you drink it, the tea leaves stay behind the strainer in the glass, and you get to see the tea brewing through the glass container. :holy:

Oh my god, that is beautiful!!!

I love tea! Right now, my latest flavor of choice is Earl Grey. There is something about bergamot that I am really into. I generally like green teas, black teas (of course) and roobios! But I have to find some! They have all disappeared! :violin:

[add]: and peppermint tea and spearmint tea and I even had a really good berry tea one.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know, I think I'd kill several people if it meant I'd get a Chai Latte right about now =/

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You know, I think I'd kill several people if it meant I'd get a Chai Latte right about now =/

Someone get this woman a Latte FAST and make it a decaf!

Stash Decaf Creme Caramel Tea

ingredients:
naturally decaffeinated black tea, natural chocolate flavor, natural flavor of dulce de leche caramel

Inspired by Dulce de Leche caramel dessert. For a rich and creamy dessert drink add a splash of milk and sugar.

DcfCremeCaramel.jpg

Thai iced tea is great too if you're not lactose intolerant.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever had jasmine green tea. I'll have to try that. :)
its very worth it and almost 'addictive'
No, what's that?
you can watch your tea brew though it is meant for coffee
Triolus Cooks :: Good food for normal people. :: Tea
Kirbie's Cravings: Homemade fruit tea
How to Pick a French Tea Press | eHow.com
I have done this inadvertently but only with black tea. I've never tried blending different colored teas together.
check for flavors you like(only leaves), and then use the 'heavier' or full body one as a 'base' and the flavorful one as the 'blend'.
I am over overjoyed! Coffee truck came past today so I got me a giant sized Chai Latte and no one had to die! *rubs belly*
dream came true?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome idea for a thread! I will read through this at more leisure - I just came across it.

I live in England - of course the finest place in the world to buy tea! - and in case they have not yet been mentioned, there is a chain called Whittards of Chelsea which sells the loveliest tea and tea-related products (also coffee and hot chocolate, actually). They have some gorgeous flavoured black teas, such as Mango, English Rose, Vanilla, etc, as well as all the usual English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Darjeeling etc. I bought a nice spicy Christmas blend on sale after Christmas too. Also some nice herbal teas though that is much less my thing.

I already know that if/when I move back to my native land of Canada, I will be asking friends who come over from the UK to bring me Whittards! Failing that, I will be buying lots of Twinings (which you can get in Canada) or going to speciality shops. Like cheese, it's worth spending a bit extra for nice tea.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, I doubt the intelligence of those around me as well. However, humanity in general isn't all that bright, at least to me. Individuals on the other hand... *shrugs* Back to the point.

Don't allow one individual to hold sway over things such as that. It was a ridiculous attack on you. They have nothing more interesting to do with their lives than to harass others who have the slightest difference from them. That just shows how pathetic and close-minded they are.

Those that boycotted the tea did so more than 200 years ago. And I don't doubt that at least one person among them actually liked the tea. They were just making a statement. A statement which no longer stands in this day and age. So, drink up!

Are you serious? That's genuinely hilarious and somewhat disturbing. I do remember being in a restaurant in California, my mom asked for tea and the kid serving us was seriously confused that she wanted hot tea, not iced tea.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I recently went to a restaurant, ordered a pot of tea, and got some of the most delicious whole-leaf high-quality Oolong I've ever tasted. :) I've got to find some more of that.

Oh, and for Christmas my lovely girlfriend got me some high-quality teas, including a good sencha-based genmai cha that is way better than the stuff I had before.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
bigelow-tea-organic-black-ceylon-tea-20-box.jpg

I love this stuff. We kind of live in the middle of nowhere so we haven't had much of a chance to try more exotic teas.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ever try blending.. basically two kinds of tea leaves, a technique that is based in black tea blending
but... with tea... there's no before or after

when I've blended teas it's usually by accident... forgetting a teabag in the tea pot and then making another tea ontop of it :doh: I drink tea as a relaxing thing, so I rarely put too much thought into it

(though I love to make chai from scratch with peppermint tea thrown in for some odd reason... especially if I can serve it over ice!)

and I don't like hot beverages with hot food... like the rules on sake service- hot tea is fine with cold food (like breakfast!) but I don't want it with hot food- it defeats the purpose of a beverage to me nearly! (not the thirst quenching component, but the contrast component)

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not checking 18 pages, has this been posted already?

[YOUTUBE="eELH0ivexKA"]Cup of Brown Joy[/YOUTUBE]

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I like strong black tea with milk and sugar.

Peppermint with honey is good, too.

Red tea is HORRIBLE.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
PG Tips for hot tea, hot jasmine and Luzzianne for iced sweet tea :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, the kind of tea I enjoy the most usually are Longjing varieties.
It's an habit I developped in China when I was working in Shanghai, and when I returned to France, I kept it.

Longjing are green teas that you drink without sugar, without anything added but boiled water.

Fortunately, I'm not far from the Chinatown of Paris, and it's easy to find even good varieties of Longjing like the Xi Hu.
It may look expensive to buy compared to other teas, but since you don't use a lot of leaves for each cup, overall it costs pretty much the same in the long run.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
anyone have any tips on making bubble tea at home?

I like mine unsweetened... jasmine or lychee being my favorites

I would have no trouble obtaining the ingredients since I live in the part of town with all of the east asian and southeast asian immigrants :)

KDude

honey jaeger and with either black or green tea is damn good

usually though, i'll sip earl grey + some cream

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I agree with disliking red tea.. I forget if I mentioned it here already, but it's actually really good for you (red tea), so I just brew red tea and stick it in my oatmeal instead of plain water.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i don't think i've met a tea i've hated yet, unless it was improperly prepared.
sipping yerba mate at the moment, not exactly tea.

some of my favorites are LAPSANG SOUCHONG (the stronger the better), earl grey, pu-erh, kusmi zubrovka. i know very little about greens and whites, but generally like them unless they are artificially flavored. i enjoy red tea and tisanes, especially peppermint, rosehip, and ginger.