• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[youtube=YoBKfrtZUNs]YouTube - Claymation - Teatime Adventure![/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Usually a coffee person, however I do really like English Breakfast tea or Earl Grey. Definitely like strong black teas.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I only like herbal teas, which are really infusions. I can't handle caffeine. The first herbal tea I bought recently -- St. John's Wort. It tastes okay and feels comforting :D.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I love tea! Always have. And I like 'most any kind. I drink a lot of Lipton, actually. I know it's not supposed to be good tea, but I like it. Earl Gray in the afternoon is nice. Jasmine in a very delicate white china cup is sublime. I really like Aveda's Comfort Tea, which might be just plain old licorice tea. I drink raspberry leaf tea for my health (supposed to be good for my ayurvedic type). I like flavored teas but don't like flavored coffees. There is a rose chai made in Israel that is not available in the States that honestly is what God drinks on his tea break. Ambrosial. (A friend sent me a box once.)

I love tea sets, too. I have to restrain myself in a big way from buying all the tea sets I see that I admire. But I do have several different kinds of cups for different kinds of tea. Sometimes I don't care, I just want tea, but sometimes I slow down and really appreciate it, in which case the cup matters.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yum tea.I think im going to go make some. also wouldn't that burn so bad drinking tea through a straw? No wait I know I've tried it, not recommended.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Green tea. I've made it sort of a ritual.

EDIT: Oh and let me stress out how I HATE teas that taste like flowers!!Ugh!

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a love/hate thing with Earl Grey... sometimes it tastes like a cup of perfume.

use some other kind of tea leaves to provide a 'base' & use Earl Grey with it depending on your preference of how much of its aroma, taste and amount of brewing you'd like. So a half & half or two-thirds/one thirds 'blend' might be it.. its mostly a case of trial and error but by the first few times you're likely to have it down to exactly what and how you'd like it to be.

Ever try adding a pinch of Earl Grey to green tea?

Last edited:
V

violaine

use some other kind of tea leaves to provide a 'base' & use Earl Grey with it depending on your preference of how much of its aroma, taste and amount of brewing. So a half & half or two-thirds/one thirds 'blend'.. trial and error but by the first few times you're likely to have it down to exactly what and how you'd like it to be.

Ever try adding a pinch of Earl Grey to green tea?

Ooooh, excellent! I will try this, thanks Kaizer!

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
best tea I've ever had was in russia... teavana comes pretty close. especially like chai and white teas. loose leaf is much better than the bags.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
best tea I've ever had was in russia... teavana comes pretty close. especially like chai and white teas. loose leaf is much better than the bags.

Teabags have the residue of tea laves after the leaves have been processed etc and selected for loose leaf blends first.. the midway house of the large-ish grains form. Grades of tea : Peet's Coffee & Tea :coffee:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's too fiddley to deal with all the wet loose tea leaves, though, after you've drank the tea. I can tolerate the residue, etc. better than having the extra steps of dealing with loose tea.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must say, after having yerba mate two days in a row at work, I can get used to that stuff. They even sell flavored loose mate online. I ordered a gourd + bombilla, waiting for that to arrive :D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Green tea. I've made it sort of a ritual.

EDIT: Oh and let me stress out how I HATE teas that taste like flowers!!Ugh!

Haha, guessing Darjeeling falls under that caveat? Tasted like a full bouquet.

Lozzy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I adore tea, I'm pretty sure any problem can be resolved with a good cuppa. I drink a lot of 'regular' British tea served with milk, maybe 5-6 cups a day. But I am really partial to green tea, plus I always think green tea has a kind of relaxing quality to it. Maybe it's the lesser amount of caffeine, but it just has a very calming effect on me. Green tea with lemon works well I think.

Early Grey, Darjeeling, all good. The only thing I never liked so much, with some exceptions, are herbal teas. But then again, they are not actual teas technically speaking anyway, merely fruity and flowery imposters!

Might go make another cup now actually. :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Haha, guessing Darjeeling falls under that caveat? Tasted like a full bouquet.

I'm not really a connoisseur but my body still remembers how it felt last time I drank camomile tea. And it was quite sometime ago :tongue10:

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I must say, after having yerba mate two days in a row at work, I can get used to that stuff. They even sell flavored loose mate online. I ordered a gourd + bombilla, waiting for that to arrive :D

What is yerba mate like? I have some bags of it, and am a little skeptical... it's doesn't smell floral or anything like that.

Maybe that is a good thing?