User Tag List

First 303839404142 Last

Thread: The tea thread

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I have heard mint grows insane. My wife used a planter for some mojito mint last year, but it was mixed with a bunch of other random stuff. I wouldn't mind getting a hell of a crop going this year in multiple planters... (she's the gardener so I'll have her do it :-D)

I must say, that Chinese tea I bought recently ... I think those "curled" leaves compress the tea together so you're getting a higher dose than you think. Two spoonfuls of leaves with 16oz water brewed multiple times for ~4-6 cups of tea ... and my brain was spooled up like a damned flywheel all day LONG. It's like having too much coffee, but without the jitters. Still a tad uncomfortable though.
    Mint does grow insane. It's rhizomatus which means that it has runners with nodes in them that can grow whole new plants. In fact if you put two kinds of mint even close together they can hybrid with each other. Often what can happen in the ground is you get a long runner from a mother plant which goes under ground a long distance and throws up sprouts above ground. That's mainly how mint spreads - you could cut this runner into sections and each one will be its own clone plant. This is actually the primary way to grow mint because mint from seeds doesn't actually do as well as mint as a cutting from an established parent.

You can root mint cuttings in a glass of water (some people prefer that way) but soil does work too - preferably after spring begins.
    Likes spirilis liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Had an impulse buy at a mall this weekend ... Teavana's teas are quite frankly overpriced IMO, but I indulged in one. "Monkey-picked Oolong":
    (Monkey Picked Oolong Tea | Teavana)

A light oolong, reminds me more of green tea than black. Absolutely no milk appropriate here. Sort've like green tea but with an almost sharp perfume-like tone in its aroma.

The legend of the "monkey picked" tea is an old one from China talking about some of the highly "desirable" leaves from tea bushes high in the cliffs of Wuyi Shan, so difficult to reach that legend has it monkeys were trained to climb up there and pick 'em.

Perhaps, behind the bucolic illustrations of monkeys scampering through the tea trees selecting the finest leaf and passing it to the tea workers below, is a veiled commentary on the fact that these tribute teas were "out of reach" of most people in more ways than one. Or perhaps it was an easy joke on the naive Europeans back in the eighteenth century.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ran out of my Dian Hong tea today. Almost shed a tear.

Next acquisition to devour after my Monkey-Picked Oolong: Dahongpao oolong tea, charcoal bake, original technology Da Hong Pao Tea. Big red robe Chinese Tea-in Oolong Tea from Food on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I vaguely recall something about the "Red Robe" tea in that book I've been reading.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm getting real fancy with my tea. I bought this this weekend.

Uji Gyokuro

I'll try it tomorrow morning. It'll be worth having to get up at 5 am anyway.

Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

This lemon cake tea was basically everything I've been drinking for the past days. It's so delicious! Might buy the other two flavours - apple pie and blueberry muffin - tomorrow.

I've also been drinking a lot of green tea with lemon recently to get my metabolism going a bit.
    Leisurely > Sensitive > Solitary
    Si / Fi / Fe
    Johari / Nohari / Tumblr

Favourite Overall Tea: Something about Ginger Tea just... arouses my tongue in the most pleasurable of ways. Another plus for this lovely herb is how it affects your digestive health, but honestly I just care about the warm and tingly feelings it provides my mouth~
    Favourite (Drug Alternative) Tea: I have a very fond love for tea made with (Red Vein) Kratom leaves!~ It's much healthier than Hydrocodone, yet displays all of the same sedative effects, also providing some mental/physical stimulation to keep you going through the day! A very calm energy that helps immensely with enduring through school, work, or unnecessarily tedious social situations. But thank God I have a coffee press to filter out all the leaves or else I'd be vomiting all over the floor. Just juice a few lemons and add a bit of honey, and it'll taste good enough to keep down! I am fully aware of its addictive properties however, but I rarely use this substance any more than once a week, so ts'all good!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I tend to like almost all kinds of tea - I've been drinking it since before I was five years old because of my grandmother (she's from England). But if I have to choose, I like the loose leaf teas the best or the type that comes in a ball and blooms in the pot when you add the hot water. The flavor with those seems much more fresh, flavorful, and it doesn't taste as stale and processed like the teas from teabags in the grocery store. However, I do like some of those sometimes as well, such as a raspberry or apple cinnamon flavored tea. My favorite of all is white tea and chai.

MBTI
    yupp

drinking green tea with blueberry, pomegranate, and acai i feel like its gonna give me excellent pee, so if you need urine for i don't know what i'll pee in a cup for you. i'm being half serious, half joking, mostly because i don't think anyone here would give me there adress, and if they would they'd be too polite to ask for pee which actually i'm not sure the ethics on asking for pee over the internet.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes miss fortune, Z Buck McFate liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

this tea and honey (it has to be that honey or brand and type) is amazing together actually that honey is some of the best honey i've ever had (now i feel like trump, fuck, but no it really is, oh god i'm making it worse, shutting up now)

p.s. @miss fortune got me that tea
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes miss fortune, Kaizer liked this post

Haha, this tea thread is too fancy for me. I just like iced tea, black or green.