User Tag List

First 253334353637 Last

Thread: The tea thread

MBTI
    yupp

I'm drinking lemon honey tea right now. but i also just got some green tea with acai and blueberry in it. so good. lots of honey and lots of lemon in decaf black tea
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Too much tea causes rare bone disease

100 tea bags a day for 17 years.
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't see how someone can fit that in!

I'm going to try some oolong today.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Earl Grey Mmmmm. I don't have that often so it's really yummy to me when I do.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Earl Grey Mmmmm. I don't have that often so it's really yummy to me when I do.
    I know what you mean. It's my favorite kind, but it has sort of lost some magic because I drink it every day.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I am a bit of tea snob. I drink lots of loose leaf from local shops. I adore a good Earl Grey, especially the more floral varieties. I also love a fruity white, or jasmine green. And I'll pretty much always go for a nice oolong, especially if it's a bit toasty.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I like green and herbal tea the most. It's wonderful. Most herbal teas really help me fall asleep too.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Been doing Yerba mate daily for a few weeks. I tried it years ago but didn't stick with it, just couldn't get into the bitter grass-clippings taste and my setup wasn't like the true south-american way anyhow. I ended up buying a nice stainless steel bombilla which sat in my desk @ the office for a few years.

This time around, I have a cup that (while it is fired clay) generally mimics the traditional gourds better, and there's a new international market in town that sells the mate. Got 1 kilo of Cruz de Malta, an Argentinian mate that is apparently known for being smooth/mild. Then I tried the "traditional" preparation techniques--like shaking the gourd upside down w/ mate and gently forming a mound on the side, adding cold water to the bottom to support the mound & protect the tea from burning at first infusion, and I'm happy to report it's pretty good! Cold water to buffer the temps gets rid of the bitterness and the shaking/sifting technique supposedly brings the stems to the bottom to act as an in-place filter to help the bombilla's filter so you don't ingest as much fines. Goes down smooth and tastes pretty good.

Anyway that was longer-winded than I intended
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I know what you mean. It's my favorite kind, but it has sort of lost some magic because I drink it every day.
    Well, I drink mint tea the most, and I feel the same way you do about it.

I'm trying not to drink so much black tea, because I don't want my tea to stain.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've been drinking a lot of this loose leaf tea at work recently: Loyd Yunnan. I got it at an "international" supermarket (mostly middle eastern stuff), which had a crapload of fancy imported teas. I restrained myself and only got the yunnan, some british brand of assam bagged tea, and a big box of decaf tea (almost gone now). Will need to return soon...

I don't drink a ton of loose leaf teas because I usually make tea by leaving the bag in forever and adding milk and sugar/honey (I'm a barbarian, I know) which doesn't work so well with a strainer. A lot of teas taste bland/soapy/bitter to me without milk. I like this one on its own, though. It has a really strong, interesting flavour.

Also my sister got me a tin of earl grey for christmas, and besides being a freaking fantastic tin, I really like the tea - it's a lot more strongly floral/bergamot-y than the usual earl grey I buy (twinings or umm...some supermarket discount brand).
    -end of thread-

Just enjoying some Earl Grey tea at the moment.

Here is to the simple elegance of tea time.

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism