First 20282930313240 Last

Thread: The tea thread

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    As an update, I liked the second cups of both lady and regular earl grey WAY better than the first time! Not sure why, maybe increased familiarity or just a different mood. Still haven't tried the english breakfast. I think I'll buy Twinings again though (occasionally for a treat, otherwise I'll bankrupt myself), even though it is super expensive.
    I think if I ever move back to Canada I will be buying either Twinings, or tea from speciality shops, or both. English tea is just...so good. It really is. Tea is one of the very few food/drink things I've become a slight snob about. Like cheese, I do think it's worth paying a bit more for something better if you enjoy it.

My mom is a massive tea drinker. Oddly, she is FInnish, though she has now lived in Canada well more than half her life - I say "oddly" because the Finns traditionally drink enormous amounts of coffee, but she doesn't touch it and adores tea. She said she got turned onto tea when she lived in England as a student and when first married to my dad - because of the chilly weather! She bought Twinings sometimes but I think also found it expensive in Canada. In England, it's kind of in the middle - not one of the cheaper teas, but there are many that are more expensive, too.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    yupp

I'm having brennan green tea passion fruit
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Rooibos is the best I've had.

It's from Africa.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Default accepting applications

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

It's from Africa.
    Rooibos is nice. I have a blend with cinnamon and rose that is very soothing.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I should give rooibos another drink. I wasn't a fan of it the first time I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I have never heard of that! What is it like?
    It was recommended to me by a local herbalist who has a couple of herbal studies schools on both coasts and written a few books.... I took an aromatherapy class from her too. It was fun. I just started drinking this one yesterday.

http://organicindiausa.com/_product_...inal_Tulsi_Tea

It tastes kind of spicy, like cardamom and cinnamon and peppery. I like it. I had a cup this morning and I already feel calm.

I'm more anxious to get a hold of the dry herb and steep it myself. I just haven't been to the herb store yet.
    I think if I ever move back to Canada I will be buying either Twinings, or tea from speciality shops, or both. English tea is just...so good. It really is. Tea is one of the very few food/drink things I've become a slight snob about. Like cheese, I do think it's worth paying a bit more for something better if you enjoy it.
    Absolutely. I feel the same way. I'm not sure if I've had Twinnings before. I think I have seen that around here. I have a box of Yorkshire Gold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post

My new avatar?

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    As an update, I liked the second cups of both lady and regular earl grey WAY better than the first time! Not sure why, maybe increased familiarity or just a different mood. Still haven't tried the english breakfast. I think I'll buy Twinings again though (occasionally for a treat, otherwise I'll bankrupt myself), even though it is super expensive.
    Earl Grey is brilliant. And oh you can make your own London Fog with it. http://breweddaily.com/2009/01/homem...fog-tea-latte/

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Earl Grey is brilliant. And oh you can make your own London Fog with it. http://breweddaily.com/2009/01/homem...fog-tea-latte/
    What's funny is you can't get London Fogs in London...or if you can, they're called something else...but I haven't come across it.

By the way, is the London Fog a relatively new thing? When I went home to Canada for a visit in June of this year, I hadn't been back for two and a half years. I came across the London Fog in various coffee shops and it was new to me. Someone told me that they thought it had been around when they were younger, but I really didn't think so (unless it was a really really really long time ago and it's been resurrected) and wondered if they were thinking of something else. Anyway, it seemed to be all over the coffee shops on the West Coast when I was there, it was new to me and I really liked it! I think over here in the UK they'd think you were a bit weird if you asked for milky Earl Grey with a shot of vanilla (or something like that.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

NPcomplete

What's funny is you can't get London Fogs in London...or if you can, they're called something else...but I haven't come across it.

By the way, is the London Fog a relatively new thing? When I went home to Canada for a visit in June of this year, I hadn't been back for two and a half years. I came across the London Fog in various coffee shops and it was new to me. Someone told me that they thought it had been around when they were younger, but I really didn't think so (unless it was a really really really long time ago and it's been resurrected) and wondered if they were thinking of something else. Anyway, it seemed to be all over the coffee shops on the West Coast when I was there, it was new to me and I really liked it! I think over here in the UK they'd think you were a bit weird if you asked for milky Earl Grey with a shot of vanilla (or something like that.)
    Haha I don't know the exact story but there are some rumours that it was created in Vancouver. It's not really clear when though, so I don't know. My first experience was in a Second Cup and it was so delish I had to look it up.

This link <http://www.ehow.com/how_2307331_mix-1960s-london-fog.html> talks about mixing a 1960's London Fog which is a cocktail...

Aaah I want to try all the variations of the London Fog now.. <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:London_Fog> Maui Fog, yes please!!!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

It's from Africa.
    rooibos is great for later in the evening because it doesn't have caffeine. a friend of mine somehow developed a strong allergic reaction caffeine (like, she would eat a chocolate chip cookie and get a headache, it's awful really). she used to be a big fan of green tea and that was the hardest part for her to give up, so I recommended rooibos to her instead and she says she likes it =)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire