User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Thread: The tea thread

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

TWINGS Apple Mint Tea has always been my favorite.

Oh, I'm also a big fan of Japanese Green Tea.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

My favorite is Earl Grey, though I like pretty much anything. I don't do well with really floral teas though, and some herbal teas make my mouth itch(not sure what is in them that do it though.) I have some black current tea that's pretty good now, as well as some orange spice that is nice too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Celestial Seasonings, is that the company with the adorable pictures on the boxes? Love those! There was something magical about them when I was a kid.
    Yep, that's the one!

They used to sell it at Christmas time, so I would stock up. Then one year it was really hard to find, but I finally found it somewhere, so I stocked up and rationed them to myself. Then the next year I couldn't find them at all in the stores anymore, noooooooo!

:panic:

Then my (then) boyfriend found them online and ordered a bunch for me as a Christmas present. So I married him and we lived happily ever after. The End.

NPcomplete

I adore Earl Grey but to keep it special, I drink other types of tea more often (Orange Pekoe [disappointing name btw]). Earl Grey with milk and cookies = . I also like jasmine green tea and chai (well what they sell as chai..not sure how to call it since chai really just means tea).

I've never really tried herbal teas though as I'm not sure which ones to try.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Do you guys go to specialty tea shops or what? Most grocery stores in my area just have the regulars - orange pekoe of course, earl grey usually, english breakfast or chai sometimes, and then a massive assortment of herbal teas.

My favourite is either earl grey or english breakfast depending on my mood. I have about 10 boxes of tea that I drink regularly, mostly herbal variety-wise but volume-wise I drink way more black tea.

My tea habit has worsened now that I no longer have a coffee pot, not that I used it much anyway.
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I've never really tried herbal teas though as I'm not sure which ones to try.
    It depends what you're in the mood for. I like drinking peppermint tea (either alone or with milk and/or honey), it's refreshing and along the same flavour lines as earl grey, somehow. Camomile tea is nice with milk and honey for relaxing although it is very mild tasting. I like the bedtime tea blend for when I don't want to drink caffeine but I want a more interesting flavour than camomile. I like the various fruit teas for when I want to drink more-interesting-flavoured hot water (I don't add anything).

I like herbal teas because even the amount of caffeine in black tea can sometimes make it hard to sleep if I drink it in the evening. And warm drinks are awesome, in winter especially.
    -end of thread-

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It depends what you're in the mood for. I like drinking peppermint tea (either alone or with milk and/or honey), it's refreshing and along the same flavour lines as earl grey, somehow. Camomile tea is nice with milk and honey for relaxing although it is very mild tasting. I like the bedtime tea blend for when I don't want to drink caffeine but I want a more interesting flavour than camomile. I like the various fruit teas for when I want to drink more-interesting-flavoured hot water (I don't add anything).

I like herbal teas because even the amount of caffeine in black tea can sometimes make it hard to sleep if I drink it in the evening. And warm drinks are awesome, in winter especially.
    Oh nice! Thanks! I'll write down the names and check them out next time I go grocery shopping.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Do you guys go to specialty tea shops or what?
    You can buy online too.

NPcomplete

I just read about lavender tea. Seems delicious.

There's also bubble tea (aka one of the loves of my life)!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

My favorite tea is White tea though I do like Green tea as well from time to time.