Thread: The tea thread

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm really into rooibos these days. The first time I tried it a long time ago, I didn't like it but now I LOVE it. I'm going to start making my own rooibos tea bag blends. I like that I can drink it all day long and not feel guilty for having too much caffeine or worry about getting stained teeth. It's very mild in flavor and not for those who insist on strong tea. I can appreciate it.

I bought myself this for Christmas but I haven't used it yet. I just want to brew my tea on the go! You just dump the hot water and the loose tea leaves (or bag) in there and go. No need to wait around for it to brew. When you drink it, the tea leaves stay behind the strainer in the glass, and you get to see the tea brewing through the glass container.

Oh my god, that is beautiful!!!

I love tea! Right now, my latest flavor of choice is Earl Grey. There is something about bergamot that I am really into. I generally like green teas, black teas (of course) and roobios! But I have to find some! They have all disappeared!

[add]: and peppermint tea and spearmint tea and I even had a really good berry tea one.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You know, I think I'd kill several people if it meant I'd get a Chai Latte right about now =/

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You know, I think I'd kill several people if it meant I'd get a Chai Latte right about now =/
    Someone get this woman a Latte FAST and make it a decaf!

Stash Decaf Creme Caramel Tea

ingredients:
    naturally decaffeinated black tea, natural chocolate flavor, natural flavor of dulce de leche caramel

Inspired by Dulce de Leche caramel dessert. For a rich and creamy dessert drink add a splash of milk and sugar.

Thai iced tea is great too if you're not lactose intolerant.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FeatheredFrenzy View Post
    Someone get this woman a Latte FAST and make it a decaf!
    I am over overjoyed! Coffee truck came past today so I got me a giant sized Chai Latte and no one had to die! *rubs belly*

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

I believe in drinking beverages that are the size of my head.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't think I've ever had jasmine green tea. I'll have to try that.
    its very worth it and almost 'addictive'
    No, what's that?
    you can watch your tea brew though it is meant for coffee
    Triolus Cooks :: Good food for normal people. :: Tea
    Kirbie's Cravings: Homemade fruit tea
    How to Pick a French Tea Press | eHow.com
    I have done this inadvertently but only with black tea. I've never tried blending different colored teas together.
    check for flavors you like(only leaves), and then use the 'heavier' or full body one as a 'base' and the flavorful one as the 'blend'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I am over overjoyed! Coffee truck came past today so I got me a giant sized Chai Latte and no one had to die! *rubs belly*
    dream came true?
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Awesome idea for a thread! I will read through this at more leisure - I just came across it.

I live in England - of course the finest place in the world to buy tea! - and in case they have not yet been mentioned, there is a chain called Whittards of Chelsea which sells the loveliest tea and tea-related products (also coffee and hot chocolate, actually). They have some gorgeous flavoured black teas, such as Mango, English Rose, Vanilla, etc, as well as all the usual English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Darjeeling etc. I bought a nice spicy Christmas blend on sale after Christmas too. Also some nice herbal teas though that is much less my thing.

I already know that if/when I move back to my native land of Canada, I will be asking friends who come over from the UK to bring me Whittards! Failing that, I will be buying lots of Twinings (which you can get in Canada) or going to speciality shops. Like cheese, it's worth spending a bit extra for nice tea.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GinKuusouka View Post
    In general, I doubt the intelligence of those around me as well. However, humanity in general isn't all that bright, at least to me. Individuals on the other hand... *shrugs* Back to the point.

Don't allow one individual to hold sway over things such as that. It was a ridiculous attack on you. They have nothing more interesting to do with their lives than to harass others who have the slightest difference from them. That just shows how pathetic and close-minded they are.

Those that boycotted the tea did so more than 200 years ago. And I don't doubt that at least one person among them actually liked the tea. They were just making a statement. A statement which no longer stands in this day and age. So, drink up!
    Are you serious? That's genuinely hilarious and somewhat disturbing. I do remember being in a restaurant in California, my mom asked for tea and the kid serving us was seriously confused that she wanted hot tea, not iced tea.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP

I recently went to a restaurant, ordered a pot of tea, and got some of the most delicious whole-leaf high-quality Oolong I've ever tasted. I've got to find some more of that.

Oh, and for Christmas my lovely girlfriend got me some high-quality teas, including a good sencha-based genmai cha that is way better than the stuff I had before.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love this stuff. We kind of live in the middle of nowhere so we haven't had much of a chance to try more exotic teas.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers